• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] P. Tampanensis & P. Mexicana A Sclerotia (Philosophers Stones)

weighed them and discovered it was 11grams worth (meant to be 15g )

It's likely that they dried out a little during transit/over time. I've noticed this with truffles that were stored in paper bags; the bag is usually pretty soggy where it's soaked up some of the water from the shrooms.

the guy in the shop I bought them off said do half a bag which is 5.5grams for a proper trip. this seemed a bit much to me but he insisted

Is there something about Philospher Stones to mushrooms that you have to eat more cause I dont want to have a serouisly intense trip my first time.

5.5g would be quite a low dose of truffles. I believe fresh truffles are about twice as potent as fresh cubensis, so 5.5g fresh truffles would be the equivalent of about 11g fresh cubensis (or 1.1g dried; clearly a low dose).

Truffles are about 40-50% water rather than 90% like actual mushrooms/fruit bodies, so it's a bit harder to compare the potency of dried truffles with dry cubensis.

the lad in the shop said these were also less visual than mushrooms but how does that make sense when they both have piloscybe in them?

Strange, I've always found truffles to be more visual than cubensis. And the visuals seem more sort of 'cartoony'.

well i kinda want to feel like when your on shrooms when you discover everything for the first time and have amazing visuals so if i do the full 11grams will it increase the visuals or will it just make the "sitting trip" more intense????

11g of truffles will be about the equivalent of 2.2g dried cubensis, but if the truffles you had were indeed originally 15g, it should be more like 3g dried cubensis. Depending on your tolerance level this could be enough to give you some impressive visuals etc.

Dan

Yes I would take the lot, I have done them several times and prefer them to normal shrooms. 10-15 grams is a average dose, like 2-3 grams of cubensis.

They do contain the same alkaloids but in different percentages which may account for it being a slighltly different trip.

Plus they taste better!

alright i'll probably do the 11g then.

the lad in the shop said that 15g will get you 2 medium trips though.

And sorry if this sounds stupid but...do I chew these and then swallow or can i swallow them ouright because im not sure if they will dissolve in my stomach unchewed because there quite hard?

Eat all 11. I once ate 12g or 13g (not weighed, 40g bag split into two big and two little piles) and was fine... more than fine infact :D.

I find them more visual than mushrooms.

better to chew them , always :)
but if you cant stand the taste (which isnt as bad as shrooms ) just crush them and drink them with something.

My friend swears on crushing them and chewing/swallowing but it makes me gag. They taste like carrot and nut and mushroom and in one slimey little package. Not god-awful but not great. I swallow them in little whole bits like pills with a drink. Doesn't seem to affect comeup time much at all.

Something I've noticed is I get moments where time noticably slows down on truffles, others have mentioned it too. It's awesome to hear one note of a song last 10 seconds or more. Hope it goes well!

I've taken normal shrooms by just chopping them up really small and swallowing the bits and tripped, truffles are a bit more hardcore though, so they might not digest well... If you can chew them that's the best way, but you could make tea or something instead. You risk losing some active ingredients from the heat that way though...

Dan

Just chew them up and swallow.

Whenever my friend took them before, he made a cup of tea and put them in it and drank the tea, he didn't want to eat them raw.

I wish I could get my hands on these... normal mushrooms cause a lot of anxiety for me and I've been told that philosopher stones don't cause half the anxiety. Not only that but ever since I first read about them, I had this draw.

Fuck living in the USA. :(

Ive decided to do them tonight cause my mate (whos tripping with me) cant do them tomorrow.
i was thinking of numbing my mouth with coke to hide the taste would this work???
and also can i eat before i take them or will i have to fast a few hours before like regular mushrooms?

You can get rid of the taste by scraping off your tastebuds.. Coke won't do the trick.

Eating a little beforehand is not a problem, if it's not too much or too fat it won't get in the way of the stuff being absorbed in your stomach, it's actually helping to ease your stomach a bit (at least for me)..

And btw, like fizzacyst said.. The effects are what you make of it, the active chemicals in mushrooms or truffles stay the same.

Mad Out Of It said:
Ive decided to do them tonight cause my mate (whos tripping with me) cant do them tomorrow.
i was thinking of numbing my mouth with coke to hide the taste would this work???
and also can i eat before i take them or will i have to fast a few hours before like regular mushrooms?

Ha ha! Just eat them! You've got to suffer for your art, and it's not even that bad.

I did 7.5g of tampanesis ones (the strong ones) and had a great time. 3 hours of laughing then no comedown. Great if u cant handle real shrooms!

^

Originally posted by fizzacyst
They have the same drugs in them as the mushrooms... its only a different type of trip if you tell yourself that.

Originally posted by Pingu
Yes, truffles contain the same active ingredients as 'shrooms, it's only when people tell you 'oh yeah, truffles make you feel like you're flying!' or whatever that makes the difference. A placebo is a powerful thing!

Originally posted by Blowmonkey
And btw, like fizzacyst said.. The effects are what you make of it, the active chemicals in mushrooms or truffles stay the same.

I wish I could get my hands on these... normal mushrooms cause a lot of anxiety for me and I've been told that philosopher stones don't cause half the anxiety. Not only that but ever since I first read about them, I had this draw.

As mentioned, they have the same active ingredients as normal shrooms. Different concentrations of chemicals relative to each other might cause subtle differences to the experience, but anything that sounds too good to be true (like reduced anxiety, etc.) that is attributed to truffles is nothing more than placebo. Besides, every mushroom trip is different anyway, even with shrooms taken from the same batch.

I did 7.5g of tampanesis ones (the strong ones)

I'm pretty sure that the Mexicana ones are in fact the stronger ones... I may be wrong though.

Dan

I think they're great. I had 8 grams, and they were certainly different (which I wasn't expecting, no placebo effect about them). Unlike mushrooms, I felt I peaked towards the end of my trip (about 3.30am/4.00am - I did them at 11).

The visuals where quite mild but constant, and something very different to shrooms happened on them. I felt like my eyes were working seperatly, I had no depth percetption (I went to have a drink, and it hit my mouth when it looked like it was about a foot away, most other things looked like they were a lot closer), and could see a lot more (impossible to explain, but it's like I could see 180 degrees around me and more).

The philisophical bit kicked in later in the trip, but it wasn't anymore than some shrooms I've previously done.

EDIT: They were Mexican I think, the strongest ones the shop (Amsterdam in London, Camden).