• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Mushroom Tea

For maximally efficient extraction, I recommend steeping for at least a half hour while MILDLY heating the tea. All the previous posts suggesting two extractions are dead on, and for large (1/2 ounce or more) batches, a third extraction can yield a psychoactive product as well. Also, it's important to slightly acidify the water out of which you are making the tea, in order to improve the efficiency of extraction by increasing the solubility of psilocybin/psilocin in the mushrooms. Many different things can be used to acidify the solution. It is common to use lemon juice, or actual tea.

Just take the dust, and consume with plenty of orange juice.
The low pH will increase absorption of psilocybin.
Craziest trips I ever had were because of OJ and because the shrooms were fresh, or so it seems.

Mushroom Tea Preparation

Hey guys, Sat night some friends and I were planning on making some mushroom tea from some shake we had ~7 grams or so and I was curious what method people use as the most effective (and before everyone says it, yes I used the search engine, but I couldn't find a thread definitively comparing different methods). I have read/heard several different methods, everywhere from putting the shake into a type of tea bag to just boiling water and pouring it over the shake and adding lemon juice to aid break down. I was just curious as to what everybody's favorite method is, and why. And does putting in citric substances actually increase the potency? Thanks fellow psychonauts =D

Put the mushrooms in boiling water simmer gently & use a hand masher to repetitively mash them - do this for say 5 minutes then pour off the resulting brew - add more water & repeat.

Then drink it ;)

Last mushie trip i had we put about 50 mushrooms in a jug, filled it with water, and whacked it in the microwave on low, for about 12 minutes, not all in one though, like 4 minutes at a time. Worked a treat

That sounds awesome, I have no experience on this but let us know how it goes!

Make sure that you don't spend too long around the boiling weater with the mushrooms in as the smell is, er, offputting to say the least. Last time I walked into someone's kichen while they were making mushroom tea, I started to gag and it took a real effort not to throw u[ (there was lots of gagging).

The smell really stays with you...

Don't boil

Although it may well be an old wives tale, I have always been advised not to boil the water because it destroys the psiloscybin. Which is understandable, I'd say keep the water below 70 degrees C or the I do it is just chew them up and swallow them. Have a good trip

add vit c to your water to help deoxidize the blue and to get it to go in solution better

Although it may well be an old wives tale, I have always been advised not to boil the water because it destroys the psiloscybin. Which is understandable, I'd say keep the water below 70 degrees C or the I do it is just chew them up and swallow them. Have a good trip

The psilocybin in my mushrooms must be extra tough then because I've held it around 100 deg celsius for 15 minutes & I got kinda destroyed by the effects. :)

I'm sure there are as many ways to brew up mushroom tea as there are people who brew up mushroom tea, so here hows I do it:

-Make a pot of normal tea
-Make a makeshift tea bag full of very very finely diced/chopped mushrooms of the psychedelic variety
-Put 'shroom teabag in your cups of tea, and keep drinking them until you are high, usually 3 or 4 cups of tea for me. I like to start my trips well hydrated, this is a tasty way to do it.

I usually use a coffee filter and string to make the mushroom tea bag. If you're paranoid about not getting all the psilocybin out of the mushrooms, just brew up more tea cups, provided you aren't too high :D

Grind the mushrooms in a coffee grinder. Dump them out onto a coffee filter. Fold over and staple shut. Boil water and pour out into teapot or cups. Let the mushroom teabag steep for ~10 minutes, dunking it a few times. Remove the bag and squeeze well.

Add your tea of choice and let steep for another 5-10 minutes. Add some lemon juice and ginger if you want, just helps to cover the mushroomy taste a bit.

Drink and enjoy the ride.

Boiling Down Mushroom Tea?

Anyone ever calcined mushrooms? Or even just the tea...would that work to boil off the water and just have a concentration of alkaloids left, or would they evap off along with the water?

Extended boiling will destroy psilocybin/psilocin... in fact, even when making tea it's much better to simply let them steep in very hot, slightly acidic water, rather than boiling the mushrooms themselves. It will only reduce potency.

If you're looking for a simple way to extract alkaloids, look into an everclear/high proof alcohol extraction...

Correct... the temperature required to boil water destroys psilocin/psilocybin, as they are unstable molecules. In fact if you make tea with boiling water, it will be weakened. It's best to use hot water that wouldn't hurt you to touch (but is about as hot as you can manage without hurting yourself), with lemon juice or other acid.

The alkaloids would not evaporate though - they would be left behind. Whatever is left of them anyway.

Correct... the temperature required to boil water destroys psilocin/psilocybin, as they are unstable molecules. In fact if you make tea with boiling water, it will be weakened. It's best to use hot water that wouldn't hurt you to touch (but is about as hot as you can manage without hurting yourself), with lemon juice or other acid.

The alkaloids would not evaporate though - they would be left behind. Whatever is left of them anyway.

I am tired of correcting this myth.

Psilocybin is a VERY stable molecule and can easily survive the boiling process with almost no lost of potency.

Psilocin, is the opposite. A very unstable molecule that decomposes quickly when exposed to air. If you are using dried mushrooms and grind them, there is likely little to no psilocin left in them, so you will notice no loss of potency.