• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Mushroom Tea

Grind up the mushrooms into a fine powder/dust. Boil some water, take off the heat, let sit a minute to cool just a bit, add some lemon juice, dump in the mushroom powder, let sit for a few minutes, stirring occassional (one too many Ss or Cs?). Drink!

Make this face 10 minutes later - 8o

Peace!!! =D

don't forget to start off with a low dose since mushroom tea tends to be a bit more potent than eating them.

Thanks for the tips guys...can't wait to try this out tonight..I've been eating mushrooms for years but have never brewed up my own concoction..I actually had a friend make some really potent tea with a coffee maker one time..thanks again

My predecessors on this thread were right when they say grind that shit up! Bring it to a near boil and drop something acidic in, orange juice works well for taste... mix that in later or just chase it down. I've only had really intense realy bad experiences with tea when I've attempted it. Not sure why, anyone have any ideas why tea can hit someone so much harder that just ingesting?

Presumably you've released more psylo from the plant material so it's more readily absorbed; either over a shorter time or more overall.

PARooolller said:
I forgot to ask...How much water should I use for 12 grams? is 2 cups fine?
Err, are all 12 for you? I don't know about you, but I find 5 to be plenty, maybe even edging on too much.

Some people say that boiling the mushrooms destroys the psilocybin. But I have used the following tea method loads of times with no noticeable lessening of affects.

1. Put a few cups of water into a kettle.
2.Chop up the mushrooms, grinding them can make it hard to retrieve all the material.
3.Add the mushrooms to the kettle.
4.Press the boil button, keep the lid open. When they start to heat up nicely, it will start foaming up.
5.Turn off the boil button before the foam overflows, close the lid if need be.
6.Stir the mushrooms and let the water cool down.
7.Leave it to simmer for about 15 minutes whilst stirring.
8.Repeat the heating process and pour into a mug through a civ or other filter with tea, lots of sugar and then add your milk.

You should end up with a grey tea.

Note that I was using Psilocybe Semilanceata and they were wet every time. I found that tea can be alot more potent, always comes on alot faster for me but this add's to the come up shakes and anxiety. Most times I'm thinking 'Why did I do this?' at the start but it goes away after about 20minutes. Using the tea method I've never been able to push the trip past 4 hours no matter how many mushrooms I use.

I used 8 grams of dried liberty caps to make 2 cups of shroom tea for me and my friend.
The method I used was 2 and a half cups of water in a pan.
Chopped the mushies into chunks, added to pan and put on a low heat.
When the water was getting hot I kept stiring and squeezing them with two spoons to get all the goodness out.
Left it for about 10 mins on a low heat..
Poured into cups.
Ate chunks then chased down with the tea (obvsiously let it cool a bit)

Tasted like nuts and definetly got me titted.

A cafetiere - or French Press - works well. Just dump chopped dried cubensis in the bottom, let it sit for ten-fifteen minutes, or until the waters green-brown and obviously loaded with psilocybin, and press down the plunger.

sorry if this is off-topic, but does anyone have any experiance with how well mushy tea keeps? I'm planning on going on a road trip soon and wanted to bottle up 1/8's in tea into some 20 oz bottles just to take along. I would assume that they'd be just fine for a week like that, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

^Theres no real reason why powdering the mushrooms wuld lengthen the experience; if anything, the increased surface area of the shrooms in your gut would allow for more rapid and complete absorption, so the effects would kick in a bit quicker and more intensely.

I've never tripped for more then about 2-4 hours of mushrooms, usually about 4.

INSAMITYTYTYTY said:
sorry if this is off-topic, but does anyone have any experiance with how well mushy tea keeps? I'm planning on going on a road trip soon and wanted to bottle up 1/8's in tea into some 20 oz bottles just to take along. I would assume that they'd be just fine for a week like that, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

I wouldn't be so sure....I mean think about it, watery fungus juice- compare it to, say, orange juice which I wouldn't have unrefrigerated for a week. Why don't you just powder the mushrooms and make tea as you go? A) you can dose when you want without fear of being ill and B) cuts down on carrying and wasting plastic and stuff.....

I heard if you get the smoke of psylocybin mush in your eyes you go blind... anyways...

Um....bullshit :)

Mushroom tea... it MIGHT keep for a week if refrigerated. But once it's in liquid it will degrade very quickly... out in room temperature or even worse, heat, it will probably start to oxidize and turn blue quickly, within hours. You will be better off just bringing mushrooms with you and eating them, or making tea as you go.

mushroom tea

so i recently had a large supply of very very potent mushrooms. and i am now left with just around 2 grams of nasty gross shroom dust from the bottom of the bag. i want to try and make some tea with it but i have never done it before and i have a few questions.

1. will 2 grams of shroom dust and some small chunks from the bottom of the bag be enough to make a potent tea? or am i better off just eating the powder?

2. what is the best way to prepare a potent mushroom tea?

3. does the trip from tea differ at all from just eating the dried shrooms?

but mostly i just want to know the best way to prepare tea with the amount of shrooms i have. any comments would be greatly appreciated

dude you can make some tea out of it! it will turn the water blue! its trippy if you squirt that blue water up your butthole!!!!!! I did it was such a good trip!!!! <3

:D :D :D

samadhi_smiles said:
dude you can make some tea out of it! it will turn the water blue! its trippy if you squirt that blue water up your butthole!!!!!! I did it was such a good trip!!!! <3

:D :D :D

Heady ass mushrooms...

get it... hahaha... ha...

oh god.

holy roller said:
so i recently had a large supply of very very potent mushrooms. and i am now left with just around 2 grams of nasty gross shroom dust from the bottom of the bag. i want to try and make some tea with it but i have never done it before and i have a few questions.

1. will 2 grams of shroom dust and some small chunks from the bottom of the bag be enough to make a potent tea? or am i better off just eating the powder?

2. what is the best way to prepare a potent mushroom tea?

3. does the trip from tea differ at all from just eating the dried shrooms?

but mostly i just want to know the best way to prepare tea with the amount of shrooms i have. any comments would be greatly appreciated

1. The tea will be easier on your stomach but somewhat weaker. Unless of course you make your tea unfiltered :)

2. Powder/grind the shrooms up, put them in a tea bag, and let them steep for 15 minutes. Drink this cup while you put the tea bag in a second cup for a 2nd steep. Then drink that.

3. The come up depends how fast you drink the tea. If you drink it all at once it will kick in quicker. If you sip on it, it'll kick in gradually but be weaker overall. Generally trips from mushroom tea are shorter, but that's probably due to the typically reduced potency and reduced speed of onset.

have fun.

If I were you I'd just eat 'em.

+1 on steeping twice. If you're worried about losing potency you can just make your tea unfiltered but at that point you might as well just eat it all. Powder isn't so bad, just put a spoonful on your tongue and swallow it with some water and repeat.

Adding peppermint or ginger to the tea can help with the taste and any resulting nausea if that's a concern.

Just mix it with liquid and drink the dust liquid. That would be a nice middle ground and you would still reserve the potency.