• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
Do you really think paranoia is going to be that much of an issue on a small dose? I wouldn't say that I'm prone to paranoia beyond what I believe to be a rational response.

C'est possible, mais je ne peux pas prediré (err...my high school french fails me) how it will effect you. You'll probably be alright though...due to years of unemployment and fucking up in uni, I've been living with the folks (and thus tripping around them) for many of my experiences, and IME so long as you can be sure of a reasonable degree of privacy there won't be a problem.

That has been my basic understanding of it. If we somehow do get real fucked up we can either walk to the park or have another friend take us somewhere else (my basement leads directly outside so we wouldn't have to worry about disturbing anyone. I think that as long as we aren't actually stuck in my house without any other options it'd be ok.

ill be shrooming fairly soon, my first psych experience. My real good friend said he would want to trip sit me, so that will be good. I was planning on going with him to the beach maybe? throwing around a frisbee or something?

do you think the beach would be good?

i was planning on doing 1.5-2gram

While the beach should be beautiful, I don't know how close to home it is for you. I would not go too far from a safe, controllable and private environment just in case something happens that makes you feel like retreating. The possibility alone is important especially for beginners.

So, I don't know if you or your friend lives close by the beach - IMO it depends on that.

Mushrooms first time

I have some mushrooms I will use in the next few weeks. I was thinking 3g. I live with my parents (leaving to college soon) so my plan was to go for an early morning nature walk. There is a semi large forest 5 minute walk from my house. I was thinking I would leave my house at 4-4:30, and by the time the shrooms kick in I will be walking around the forest as the sun comes up. Only people I would come into contact with there might be some early morning dog walkers. I would bring a pack with music, water, journal, pencils, maybe some snacks.

I did mescaline (T bridgessi) a few weeks ago and it was amazing. But I kept telling myself this stuff really has to be done outside because I really do feel my inner ape lol.

How does my plan sound

Hmm well not too bad, but I would personally consider 3g a full dose and never recommend a full one for a first-timer. 2/3 or 3/4 sounds more like it, and was plenty fairy-tale like for me.
About leaving your house before it has kicked in: it has a smart element in it that outside nature is a beautiful setting to feel the effects, but I think the confusion and feelings that you have never had before... you have to pass that awkward come-up and I suggest that a sitter is needed or otherwise it is better to just wait inside until you have reached the peak and feel like you know how you will need to navigate yourself to the forest. If you feel like you are unable to do that, imagine how freaky it can feel if you are already in that forest when you discover you have 'lost the plot' too much.

For future trips when you know better what to expect, and I mean after multiple experiences that show the range of intensities, you can start walking before tripping. But for a first time, better wait safely at home until you know what you are up 'against'.

If your home is a bit like a dark cave so to speak, it can be an issue to come up on shrooms there. But if you have a cozy home and especially some access to the outside, you can come up without feeling too cropped up. If you have come up and feel closed in, then going outside can be a relief. Sitting on a bench can put you to rest a bit, because there is no need to get a grip and plot a route.

Have a great trip, and I will merge this into our 'First Time Mushrooms' thread. :)

Hmm well not too bad, but I would personally consider 3g a full dose and never recommend a full one for a first-timer. 2/3 or 3/4 sounds more like it, and was plenty fairy-tale like for me.
About leaving your house before it has kicked in: it has a smart element in it that outside nature is a beautiful setting to feel the effects, but I think the confusion and feelings that you have never had before... you have to pass that awkward come-up and I suggest that a sitter is needed or otherwise it is better to just wait inside until you have reached the peak and feel like you know how you will need to navigate yourself to the forest. If you feel like you are unable to do that, imagine how freaky it can feel if you are already in that forest when you discover you have 'lost the plot' too much.

For future trips when you know better what to expect, and I mean after multiple experiences that show the range of intensities, you can start walking before tripping. But for a first time, better wait safely at home until you know what you are up 'against'.

If your home is a bit like a dark cave so to speak, it can be an issue to come up on shrooms there. But if you have a cozy home and especially some access to the outside, you can come up without feeling too cropped up. If you have come up and feel closed in, then going outside can be a relief. Sitting on a bench can put you to rest a bit, because there is no need to get a grip and plot a route.

Have a great trip, and I will merge this into our 'First Time Mushrooms' thread. :)
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. And yea I would start tripping at my house first but the last thing I would want to do is try to talk to my parents while tripping. I was communicating fine on mescaline but I've heard shrooms is a different story in that aspect. I'm familiar with this forest as well.

My options are basically either A. Trip completely in my room or B. trip completely in the woods.

Oh man, don't you have the option of waiting until you have your own house or that of a friend (whose parents are away) free and safe as a retreat haven?

The option of freedom, for example to exit a festival when you want to, go outside or inside when you want to, get away from a crowd when you want to... such options are quite important to be able to feel really at peace. Of course when all goes well, there is no real need to make use of the option. But to have no escape plan can really do a number on you psychologically.

I advise you to make better arrangements. If your plan is to pick a sunny(ish) day to spend outside for the total duration of the trip, that sounds fine and better than spending it inside not able to get out. But get a friend to help you if you need something and to give you shelter when you need it, before the trip has ended.

My mom is literally always home. I've never had the house to myself for more than a few hours. I don't have many friends, tripping at a friends house isn't really an option. I might be able to hangout with one while Im tripping, but then I would just feel like Im being judged by him the whole time (thats what happened with salvia)

The problem with doing shrooms or any kind of psychedelic outside is that the most unexpected and whackiest things can happen, if the thought of tripping around your parents is a concern (and it should be) then imagine how hard it would be to deal with a park ranger, 2 old ladies walking their dogs, a troop of boy scouts, the police, a strange aggressive animal, even though you think you have the setting all sorted out things can and often do take a turn in a completely different direction than you anticipated.

Be safe, don't dose too high and enjoy the ride, I'm sure you will be fine but just don't assume everything will go according to plan, it rarely does in my experience.

One more thing, and it's going to sound whacky but tuck it away in the back of mind just in case.... IF IT ALL STARTS TO GO WRONG, you can talk to the mushroom directly, you can say something like "I don't like this, it's too much, I'm not ready for this, please take it off me" and it will respond with kindness and understanding, McKenna put me on to this and a couple of times I have used this method to bring a trip back on track when it started to go left.

The problem with doing shrooms or any kind of psychedelic outside is that the most unexpected and whackiest things can happen, if the thought of tripping around your parents is a concern (and it should be) then imagine how hard it would be to deal with a park ranger, 2 old ladies walking their dogs, a troop of boy scouts, the police, a strange aggressive animal, even though you think you have the setting all sorted out things can and often do take a turn in a completely different direction than you anticipated.

Be safe, don't dose too high and enjoy the ride, I'm sure you will be fine but just don't assume everything will go according to plan, it rarely does in my experience.

One more thing, and it's going to sound whacky but tuck it away in the back of mind just in case.... IF IT ALL STARTS TO GO WRONG, you can talk to the mushroom directly, you can say something like "I don't like this, it's too much, I'm not ready for this, please take it off me" and it will respond with kindness and understanding, McKenna put me on to this and a couple of times I have used this method to bring a trip back on track when it started to go left.

Thanks for the advice but yea this forest isn't a place where they would have "park rangers". It's not as big as you are thinking. It doesn't even really have a parking area, you just park on the street nearby. As for animals the most I will run into would be some deer. And it's not like the people dog walking would try and talk to me. Maybe just a "hello" as we walk by. I would much rather deal with a random stranger while tripping than my own parents who can easily tell if im acting strange.

i've done my first shroom trip alone, but since my second (a few months ago, not even 3g of cubensis, whacked my whole reality and made me believe i've died), i believe that you should have a trip sitter, at least until you are experienced with shrooms, especially if you have/want to go outside.

i've done my first shroom trip alone, but since my second (a few months ago, not even 3g of cubensis, whacked my whole reality and made me believe i've died), i believe that you should have a trip sitter, at least until you are experienced with shrooms, especially if you have/want to go outside.
Yea one of my good friends said he would sit me, but honestly i dont know what to do with him then. I really doubt he would want to waltz around the forest for 5 hours. The beach could be cool i guess but Id way rather do it in the woods

well if he's serious about sitting you than he should have no problem with that. if he's just in for the lulz, then he's not a real sitter.

^qft: he should be ready to laugh with you about the curious things you experience, not at you for being weird. A great help would be if the sitter has personal tripping experience, then it's easier for him to put himself in your shoes.

Generally I would say a sitter needs to stay sober by definition, but if this friend of yours were to get just a little bit drunk or stoned to amuse himself enough not so much that he couldn't help you responsibly... perhaps this could help making the whole plan more interesting, and while you would not be on the same wavelength, it's a smaller gap than having a stone-cold-sober sitter.

If all of this doesn't sound ideal, just don't do it. Get creative instead and devise some new plan that would allow you to do whatever you want for a whole day. Can you not wait until the parents of your friends are away and take that as your fall-back shelter / safety backup? Or get the keys to some private cabin and hang around there and making that your temporary home for the duration of the trip?
I'm reminded of the classic example of telling your parents you are staying over at your friend's and your friend saying the same thing. Then just going somewhere else entirely and be 'free', at least to do this right. I guess the lie would be worth it, even if they figure it out - seems better than an unguided trip.

There will be enough time in the future, it's more important to get the time and planning right than to do it because your patience is running low. If your impatience creeps up, remind yourself of how fucked up it can be to approach this the wrong way. It can mean a lot.
We are not trying to scare you here, but IMO this is the responsible way to do this, and you will thank yourself for it if you give it more time and better planning.

Yea I appreciate the advice. His parents are always home too though, and our parents are good friends so they would no doubt talk to eachother about it

maybe i could just chill with him for 6 hours and go places in his car. not sure

First-time Psilocybin Mushroom dosage?

Me and 3 of my other buddies (4 people total) have been wanting to try shrooms lately, and have gained access to an eigth. Psychadelics in general are difficult to come by around us, so getting that eigth was hard enough and it looks like a very slim possibility that we would be able to get more. If we split the eigth 4 ways, what effects would we likely feel, and would it be enough to get a taste of what a psilocybin trip is like? we all have experiance with LSD/MDMA/Marijuana along with many pharms and other drugs.
Thanks to all responses in advance!

You'll get a taste but really not much more at all. Splitting an eighth four ways means you'll all have less than a gram, which while certainly enough to take you off base won't really push you into true mushroom psychedelia. I can't say for certain as I've never really taken a dose that low, but I wouldn't imagine there to be entirely too much visually and you may just end up feeling weird.