• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms give Wisdom & Information!?!?!

And of course remember that the version of reality our brains give to us has little, if anything, to do with the actual state of the universe. The table in front of you appears to be a table because your brain operates at a certain frequency so it appear to be a table. In reality it is a fabric of particulate and wave energy (both at the same time) made up of electrons that can communicate with each other on opposite ends of the universe instantly. They are independent of space and time. The speed of light does not apply. Any alien that wanted to communicate would do so using these quantum states rather than sending spaceships. If Roger Penrose is right and consciousness works at the atomic level then consciousness is independent of space and time and capable of tuning into other frequencies which may be occupied by alien consciousness too. Entheogenic drugs may allow the consciousness to access these states.
[ 20 March 2002: Message edited by: mll ]

WOW, what a thread. I have definitely heard voices on 2.5-4 gram shroom trips but I've never been able to make them out. I think I need to raise the dosage (usual dosage is 2.5-3.5 grams and the highest dose I've ever taken was 4 g). Usually, I do not see Mesoamerican motifs during my trips, but sometimes I do. What is noteworthy is that my first trip ever, on 1.2 grams of psilocybe cubensis, was FILLED with this type of imagery! At the time, I knew nothing about hallucinogens, and I was not involved in any Mesoamerica-oriented activities. It had been a mellow yet euphoric trip, up until we decided to smoke a gram of weed (it was also only the 8th or 9th time that I had smoked weed). After smoking, the rocks in the asphalt of the road became 3-D in the classic manner of weed + shrooms, and they took on a purplish glow. I sat down on the curb, looking at these purplish jewel-like pebbles embedded in the pavement, and all of a sudden, I saw an ancient civilization rise out of the asphalt! There were classic Mesoamerican pyramids, and I could even see people walking in the streets. Eventually the city faded back into the asphalt, swirling into a mass of Mesoamerican indian patterns that covered the surface of the road, as if it was a large Mayan or Aztec painting or tapestry. Throughout the rest of the trip, every paved or pebbly surface was covered with these patterns, and the trees all looked like they were laden with tropical fruit. That was definitely the most pronounced classic "shroom" imagery I've ever gotten, but strangely enough it was on the second lowest dose of shrooms I've ever eaten.
---5HT-2

MORE POSSIBILITIES:
I stumbled across these hypothesises on the web recently. I should say that I don't believe that any of these theories are necessarily true. In fact, some of them are just too out there! But they are interesting to think about...
  • There are no alien entities at all; it's merely subjective hallucination. The Psilocybin state may be interesting, even extremely interesting, but really there are no independently-existing alien entities to be found.
  • Psilocybin provides access to a Parallel or higher dimension, a truly alternate reality which is, in fact, inhabited by independently-existing intelligent entities forming (in the words of Terence McKenna) "an ecology of souls."
  • A non-human intelligent species created humans by genetic modification of existing primate stock then retreated, leaving behind biochemical methods for contacting them. The psychedelic tryptamines are chemical keys that activate certain programs in the human brain that were placed there intentionally by this alien species.
  • The realm to which Psilocybin provides access is the world of the dead. The entities experienced are the souls, or personalities, of the departed, which retain some kind of life and ability to communicate. The realm of dead souls, commonly accepted by cultures and societies other than that of the modern West, is now accessible using Psilocybin.
  • The entities experienced are beings from another time who have succeeded in mastering the art of time travel, not in a way which allows materialization but in a way which allows them to communicate with conscious beings such as ourselves.
  • The entities are probes from an extraterrestrial or an extradimensional species, sent out to make contact with organisms such as ourselves who are able to manipulate their nervous systems in a way which allows communication to take place.
The best way for us to find out what's going on is to continue exploring! Considering that Psilocybin was only rediscovered a little over fifty years ago, there is a lot of uncharted territory out there. So everytime we trip, we're like Columbus discovering the New World...
[ 21 March 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Frink ]