Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never picked cubes. I only come into my own in Winter. Had a bogus season last year let's hope this one is better.

thinking gives me a headache, i prefer to drink. footy season soon, yeh, footy!

So I've been doing a fair bit of research over the last few days. I'll be going on my first hunt very soon. According to what I've read, it should be pretty good conditions here in North QLD (correct me if I'm wrong). Mid-high 20's, humid, and has been raining once a day for the last couple weeks. A friend owns a horse paddock that is very close to a cow paddock, so I'll give both a shot. The cow paddocks around here at the moment though seem to have really tall grass and really wet/swampy ground.

The friend said "funky mushrooms" always grow out of the horse shit there, but they throw them away and sell the horse shit. The way they were described sound like Pan. Cyanescens (little guys without a really noticeable gold top) but I'll have a good look if/when I find them. I'm a bit paranoid about any sort of wild mushroom so I've been putting a fair bit of time into reading up on identification. I'll be making my first spore print to help with IDing when the time comes.

Wish me luck!

Alright all. I've just arrived in oz from overseas and was wondering if anyone can tell me when the season starts around Sydney - I'm guessing April-ish, and where might be a good spot to go farming?

your not aloud to source locations mate. didnt you read the first post? smh

Not cold enough sadly. I fucking hate winter - but the fact that is is mushroom season is something of a silver lining.

Regional VIC: Too dry, but was ~10C at night all last week. Temps are up this week, but rain is forecast. Oh well, it can only get better. Another month for certainty, maybe 2 weeks for some kind of sub yield somewhere...?

Had about 100mm + of rain overnight on the South Coast NSW and now the sun is out and the humidity is about 75-80%! Worth a look? or too wet?

Had about 100mm + of rain overnight on the South Coast NSW and now the sun is out and the humidity is about 75-80%! Worth a look? or too wet?

I'm a bit north from you but unless there is a huge temperature discrepancy I'm going to say it is still too warm.

Getting closer though.

A few popped up in a odd place in the yard where water flows from under the fence (I suspect a good ol' mushgut vomit had been had there) - melb, western suburbs.
I have seen them early before, but never this early ! Went for a walk and couldnt find anything else, but i think those cold nights earlier in the week definately got things going nice and early.

They are prob borderline active.

A few popped up in a odd place in the yard where water flows from under the fence (I suspect a good ol' mushgut vomit had been had there) - melb, western suburbs.
I have seen them early before, but never this early ! Went for a walk and couldnt find anything else, but i think those cold nights earlier in the week definately got things going nice and early.

They are prob borderline active.

Please don't even think about eating those mushrooms. Mushrooms can't be 'borderline' active. They're either an active species or they aren't. No one is finding subaeruginosa in Melbourne with the weather we've had recently.

Please don't even think about eating those mushrooms. Mushrooms can't be 'borderline' active. They're either an active species or they aren't. No one is finding subaeruginosa in Melbourne with the weather we've had recently.

From my experience, a fruiting like this, that has occured in an unnatural area where water has been abundant (small mushrooms, veil still opened although), by dry weight, have been not so potent (sorry, 'borderline active', whoops bad terminology, its jerk time!). - Can anyone else elaborate on this ?

I should have done a proper ID on them, i am not going to eat them. Allthough without spore print they are identical to p.subs by eye.

THANKS for the HR aspect.

melbourne daily summaries

min(to 9am) - anomaly - max(from 9am) - anomaly - rain to 9am (mm)

Sat 22/03/2014 13.3 +0.1 19.6 -4.3 3.0
Sun 23/03/2014 13.9 +0.7 19.3 -4.6 0.2
Mon 24/03/2014 12.5 -0.7 19.0 -4.9 0.6
Tue 25/03/2014 12.1 -1.1 24.6 +0.7 0.8

And that is why - i posted what i did in attempt to see if anyone else was having any luck, as this is pretty much what this thread is for.

So with a quote like this: 'No one is finding subaeruginosa in Melbourne with the weather we've had recently.' ill go ahead and ask what your profession is yagecero, mycology ?

Status
Not open for further replies.