• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom season 2005/2006

WuzzA said:
Anyone in Brisbane getting any luck? Or is it 2 early to be getting them yet? Any help would be great!

Ya wont get any subs in Brisbane dude.
If someone does8o , post a pic, myself and many others would love to see that.

There seems to be huge patches comming up in melb. I must have gotten about 500+ this morning. Feed them to the children.

Portillo said:
Any shrooms grow around blacktown/western sydney?

I doubt it, at least until summer when you'll most likely find P. Cubensis in cow dung and similar substrates. For winter woodlovers I think you're better off hunting in the Blue Mountains.

I'm yet to come across any P. Subs in the Sydney region. Granted I haven't looked particularly hard but I also haven't heard anybody claim to have found them either. It just doesn't get cold enough for long enough.

ok, i'm a mushroom noob... can i possibly get some help identifying these vic mushies?

damn amazon.com seems to have made mushroom field guides hard to find online, and erowid's pics are worse than mine... nuither bruise blue on the stems or have any other really definable features outside whats in the pics... i hope they are majic... there's tons (perhaps literally) growing 100m from my house

took another journey... found some more... this urban forrest of mine is teeming with em... i sooo hope they're goodies

Last edited:
TheYellowDart said:
I doubt it, at least until summer when you'll most likely find P. Cubensis in cow dung and similar substrates. For winter woodlovers I think you're better off hunting in the Blue Mountains.

I'm yet to come across any P. Subs in the Sydney region. Granted I haven't looked particularly hard but I also haven't heard anybody claim to have found them either. It just doesn't get cold enough for long enough.

Cool. Thank you.

TheYellowDart said:

Subs do grow in Sydney, but they're pretty uncommon and tend to grow in fairly sparse patches. I think it's just not cold enough for them to fruit abundantly. I have not seen ANY in Sydney in the last 2 years though, and with the drought conditions we're still having, I wouldn't hold much hope for seeing subs in Sydney this season. Try the Blue Mountains instead, but it's been pretty dry up there too so far.

NSW Report:

Ventured up to the Blue Mountains yesterday. Absolutley no luck! The ground is still bone dry in alot of places.. Usually the place is infested with those orange stropharias, with the subs popping up in between them. Didn't even see a single one of those orange bastards. Only real sighting was a few dried up Amanitas. :( Looks like there'll be more rain this week some hopefully the next couple of weeks will be more fruitful.

knight_marshall said:
ok, i'm a mushroom noob... can i possibly get some help identifying these vic mushies?

damn amazon.com seems to have made mushroom field guides hard to find online, and erowid's pics are worse than mine... nuither bruise blue on the stems or have any other really definable features outside whats in the pics... i hope they are majic... there's tons (perhaps literally) growing 100m from my house

took another journey... found some more... this urban forrest of mine is teeming with em... i sooo hope they're goodies

None of those mushrooms seem to be psychoactive.

The mushrooms with the reddish caps look like small stropharia autumnalis.

The fatter mushrooms with the orange tint kind of resemble Gymnopilus pampeanus. They are definatly some kind of Cortinariaceae.

The thinner mushrooms in the top pic are hard to identify but i would say some kind of wood-loving mushroom from the family Tricholomataceae, possibly Mycena subgalericulata or another type of Mycena.

Jo says the mushroom season (for goldtops) in newcastle is over..jo also thought that up here in the hotter climate we have the summer mushrooms.which stop around anzac day the first frost and come back around the last frost of the year.As jo use to talk to this fella from melbourne on msn about mushrooms and when our season finished his started...As iv'e only ever looked for goldtops thats all i can comment on.Not sure on mushroom varietys other than goldtops
PEACE!

Still struggling for purchase here in northern NZ, although the last 4-5days have been a lot colder which has my hopes up.
However it has been raining HEAPS as well so I tend to think that just as the mushies are popping up they're getting dominated by excess water and dying quickly (I'm just guessing that's what happens to mushies, could someone confirm/deny this?)

Anyone having ANY sort of luck around the Auckland region???? With each passing day the end of the season gets closer and still yet to find anything :(

Here's some various fungi pictures from my hunt yesterday

Inky Caps (Coprinus atramentarius) :

inkycaps.jpg

Unidentified Strophariaceae, possibly Lacrymaria asperospora.

psilo.jpg

Lastly heres some pictures of my favorite Strophariaceae, Psilocybe subaeruginosa in her natural habitat :

subs3.jpg

subs2.jpg

thanx endlesseulogy, yeah the top pic is growing out of a woodchip pile left by the council... damn. and the second one was the smallest sample i had as the rest got damaged in my newbie storage method

still, i think they're all pretty,so i'm gonna dumb em in my backyard and hope for pretty mushroom yard. once i get blue meanies i'll be growing them in an old fridge

One more post requesting mushroom ID's and this thread is locked.

No more warnings.

Please forward the offending users PM's to me and I will warn or ban them if nessessary.

Amanita Muscaria

fungi19.jpg

Heres a nice picture of a Sub.. Notice the blueling and the silky white-ness of the stem :

fungi18.jpg

fungi17.jpg

fungi12.jpg

fungi16.jpg

fungi15.jpg

fungi14.jpg

fungi13.jpg

fungi11.jpg

fungi10.jpg

Bummer, went searching down near the barwon river in geelong today, found 1sub last season, this season dosent look like much aroud this area.