• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom season 2005/2006

Found a massive patch today, 300+, first decent patch ive found since the first flush we had after the early May rains.

^ Season usually last till the end of winter or untill we start getting warmish days again so there is still plenty of time, oh and the rain we had the last couple of days has put a big smile on my dile :D there poppin up everywhere YAY!

Peace LOve and Mungbeans

Immortal Teknique said:
Found a massive patch today, 300+, first decent patch ive found since the first flush we had after the early May rains.

melbourne or sydney are u based?

maybe have a look back through the thread on how to identify mushies, we arent sposed to identify for other people on here it could be really dangerous, in case someone identifies a poisonious one rather than a psychoactive one.
apparantley the magic ones can look very very similar to ones that are posionous, so i wouldnt eat them if i were you just in case.
get someone who knows what they are doing to go out with you and help, otherwise do some research about spore prints and whatnot.
but for what its worth they dont look like magic mushrooms.

Juicebox - Definatly no psilocybes there.

I found quite a few yesterday. Nice fresh ones to put in honey :)

Honey is a great way to preserve mushrooms. After time the psilocybin seeps into the honey and you end up with gooey psychedelic honey. The mushrooms are still fresh to eat too.

Last year I was finding them in ne vic up until the end of september. We badly need rain this way. I seen rain on the telly the other day. Id almost forgotten what it looked like.

reasons for wanting to close the thread?
can't people just be warned and edited?

God damn this sucks. Melbourne has had next to no rain over the last couple of weeks and the ground where my shrooms grow has completely dried up. Rain dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fry-d- said:
I am very close to locking this thread.

I'd rather someone ask and be told no then for someone to take it into their own hands, which we all know is a good possibility.

I recently read a report on another forum where an individual was going through the bush and came across two other people sitting down getting ready to munch on a big bag of toxic galarinas. The guy took one look in the bag and saved their lives. As bluelight is a harm mineralisation site I would have to say that IDing is a way we can minimalise harm. Sure, it's important to make it clear with all IDs that the picker should really get a second opinion, spore-print and expert analysis.

Being the moderator i respect your opinion Fry-d. It's just I realise the inquizitive nature of human beings is always willing to take risks. Risks based on second opinion are safER.

Another option is for those who have fungi pics to email them to me at [email protected] I would be more then willing to give you my opinion as fungi is my life when winter rolls around! :) Make sure pics are of good quality or dont bother as with all fungi, minute differences mean alot!

Just to drum home the point.

IF IT DOSNT STAIN BLUE, ITS NOT MAGIC!! NO EXCEPTIONS!! NOTHING!! :)

WHEN I SAY BLUE, I MEAN A BEAUTIFUL SHADE OF AZURE. ITS OBVIOUS WHEN IT HAPPENS. DOSNT REQUIRE A MAGNIFYING GLASS!!

IF IT HAS A RING AROUND THE STEM NEAR WHERE IT MEETS THE CAP, THROW IT AWAY!

Last edited:
tadfish said:
reasons for wanting to close the thread?
can't people just be warned and edited?

I'm sick of warning, editing and deleting posts for people continually ignoring the rules. There is to be no more warnings.

It was stated many time THIS THREAD is not the place to ask for mushroom ID's. It is not suitable that people ID mushrooms on a forum when we can not be 100% correct, your life is at stake. There is better places to learn about mushrooms and if you don't know what your doing you shouldn't be doing it by yourself anyway.

ID'n mushrooms through bad photos and inexperienced people guessing and giving conflicting advice through this website is not what we want to happen. You don't want to be responsible for someone poisoning themself on mushrooms and neither does Bluelight.

If the information cannot be 100% correct then we cannot offer it when there is a risk like this involved. If we start to offer ID's through bad online photos people will think it is fine to rely on these alone rather than get a second opinion, spore-print and expert analysis like they should.

I don't think everyone realises the risk they could be taking, you eat the wrong mushroom and you can die.

Thankgod for some rain in Sydney and the end of uni semester so i can get about the place and have a look.

Quick question- Do p.subs ever grow in fern gullies? They seem like a perfect spot always wet and shady i usually look near gums and find plenty of other mushrooms but never p.subs so i'm wondering if the fern and p.sub can't co-exist for some reason or if it has just been bad luck i've never found any in fern gullies?

go back and read the first post in this thread! if you have pictures to post of your finds then your more than welcome to do so here but it isnt the place to be asking 'quick questions'

^Thanks for your help and all but i didn't bother reading the first page, only the last, every year the 'mushy season' thread is a thread for general mushroom hunting discussion and from reading the last page this one seems to follow exactly that trend. It would be stupid to start a whole new thread for a question like the one i asked when theres already a thread with people talking back and forth about mushies.

yay for rain in victoria, found some babies today that im nursing until they get bigger :)

was wondering also how long mushies can be stored without drying (just in paper bags in the fridge) - 1-2weeks?
or is just better to lay out some newspaper and dry them for a few days?