• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushie Hunting Season 2003

I'm happy to resize images for people who want them attached to this thread. I cannot webhost the images, but I can edit them with a program to fall within the size requirements and attach the files to this thread so that people can download them.

I can do this anonymously for those mycologists that wish to remain nameless. If you want me to do this, email a photo or two (not ten, be nice to my inbox) to [email protected] - with any relevant details, particularly what kind of mushroom you think it is, and I'll get around to it when I have time. If the photographs contain identifying landmarks or people, they will not appear.

I think it would be good to have some pictures of local examples available.

BigTrancer :)

The season for me has been explosive so far. I have found a couple of hundred already. Most of which have been around my area in the eastern suburbs. The rain the last couple of days will be good too.

I'll send you a few pics BT when i get my stupid driver working.

cAmmAc said:
And another thing, how long after you've picked a mushie does the blueing/staining/brusing come through?

Bruising should happen pretty much straight away, on the stem. If you don't see any, crush the gills just a little and wait 5-10 minutes.

Remember when picking, make sure you cut the stem, as opposed to plucking the whole thing, 'root' and all. This ensures that there is minimal damage done to the 'roots' as more fruiting may happen.

A spore-print should be taken pretty much straight away. Just cut the stem as close to the gills as possible, and put the cap on some paper towel (gills down). After as little as a few hours, you will begin to see the spores have dropped in a pretty little shape.

P.S cAmmAc, didn't you organise a hunt last year on The Shroomery ?

Did anybody see the rain, fog and mist last night! Ya couldn't see 2 meters in fron of your face! Very promising:)

""Psilocybe subaeruginosa" Pic #1

Attachments

• 100_1483.jpg
    100_1483.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
"Psilocybe subaeruginosa" Pic #2

Attachments

• 100_1484.jpg
    100_1484.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
"Psilocybe subaeruginosa" Pic #3

Attachments

• 100_1488.jpg
    100_1488.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Whoohoo!! Yay for having a BBQ and finding mushies growing in the pinebark in your backyard! I loooove mushie season.
=D=D=D

P.S cAmmAc, didn't you organise a hunt last year on The Shroomery ?

Yeah, that was me, but I never ended up going with any of the people from the Shroomery. I spoke to geko, but at the time I was completely off my face at the footy!

I don't do a great deal during the week - I'd love to get together with a few peeps from the eastern suburbs & have a hunt! It's supposed to rain at the end of this weekend & start of next week... ;)

SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

I didn't see those photos!

Hat off to whoever found them!

it takes weeks to months for the mycelium to develop.... mushrooms can grow in hours-days.... after rainfall that is.

I know the person who found and picked them. I tried to tell him that it is illegal, but he didn't care.

If you look closely at the top of Pic 2, you can see many pins popping up. Nearly all of these mushies were left to fight another day, my friend only takes what he needs.

In this pic you can see slight blueing of the cap.

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
In this pic you can see blueing of the gills. They were slightly crushed to promote blueing. It looks more black then blue, but in real life it is blue.

...or so im told.

Attachments

• 100_1490.jpg
    100_1490.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 300
i've been looking around sydney.... so far, have found 1 p. sub. i'm pretty sure if was of the australiana variety!

they're out there, keep looking and perhaps you'll find a patch. i havent found anything else apart from that one!

Nice work on the pics of the blueing, I was actually gonna request some pics of that variety, cheers.

well i just went for a quick peek around my backyard, and i found a few mushrooms, but they didnt go blue, one looked like the ones in the pic, but it didnt go blue, and kinda fell apart really!

it was dark, and i had a torch, but yeah was so hard, must go 2morrow during the day.

there was one odd looking shroom, i poked it, and all these little worm things bout 5 mm long started running out of it. was VERY gross.

anyway betta luck 2morrow i hope.

ewwwwww....

There are a heap of non-actives around my area, that look a little like subbies. They have browny tops, brown/black gills, and they're stinky and slimy, and your hands get covered in black shit by handling them. Supposedly they aren't poienous, but they sure as hell aint active =D