• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushie Hunting Season 2003

^^^Read the guidelines, no solicitation. In answer to your other questions, smoking pot is fine to do although it may intensify the experience. Terrance McKenna advises that pot is a useful tool while under the influence of psilocybin, when one runs into trouble smoking some pot usually takes you to a new place very, very quickly. This can be quite positive for one stuck in the doldrums of a hallucinogenic experience. As for your liver, the effect the mushrooms may have on it is virtually negligible (although it would be advisable not to use any substance if you have concerns about the health of your liver), the information you have received in regards to this has probably been mistaken for the effects that certain poisonous mushrooms have (in particular the Deadly Gallerina, a mushroom that can be easily mistaken for a psilocybe by the untrained eye).

Hardicus & Capt. Caveman- Mycology is certainally a fascinating hobby, you guys won't be the first to be drawn to it through the hunt for psilocybes. :) I simply love looking for fungi of all sorts, sometimes I will even go looking for psilocybes just for the pleasure of looking for them when I have no intention of getting high. Check out this link to a great article about fungi in todays Age.

Pioneers flush out an underground culture

Last edited:
Just wondering what time you hunters out there go on your searches. I know it's best to go in the morning, but has anyone had any luck finding anything later in the day???

Anytime of day seems to be fine, as long as there is enough sunlight to see them by, I have been out at sunset before. The mushrooms may tend to have dried a little and the caps may appear more golden yellow than the usual brown colour. There maybe some loss of potency but not enough to be noticeable (at least not in my experience). i have picked mushrooms from the ground already dried, it seems they snap-dried in the sun, the stems were still silky white and showed little sign of psilocyn oxidisation, they were still quite potent even 8 or 9 months after being picked. I have a hunch though that it maybe dependent on the ratio of psilocyn to psilocybin in the mushroom, psilocyn is much more unstable and oxidises easily, hence the bluing reaction. It is my belief (and please correct me if I am wrong) that the bluer the mushrooms go the more unstable the chemical and the lower their resistance the elements.

hmmm..interesting

its best to go hunting after rain right?

would a few days after rain be too late? i'm guessing so because all of the mushrooms would be tried up, mouldy, dead etc.

it seems that everyone who talks about a mushy hunt sais that they went in the morning right after some rain.

"We are keen to move people's consciousness out of that kind of fungi and into the kind you get in the forest and its incredible diversity," Dr May said.

shift people consiousness for sure!:D

This morning was my first successful mission this season!=D =D

Last edited:
cpt. caveman : you should go hunting generally after rain. they will pop up after rain... the earlier you check your spots, the more fresh/less dried (probably more potent too!) the shrooms you will find will be. however, you would still have success days after the rain, they might just be a bit dried out already :)

most of the ones i found in the blue mountains were fairly light coloured (ie. partly dried)... from what i gather from photos i've seen, most sub's found in nsw are lighter in colour/more dry than the ones found in victoria. i'm not sure if this is a climate thing or a variant species thing.

one more thing of note -

don't underestimate the potency of psilocybe subaeruginosa! i took 4 very small to medium sized ones last night and was on another planet. very very very confused, very intense visuals, it was too strong for a while. be careful! sub's are several times as potent as cubensis.

cheers,
jimbu

jimbu said:
one more thing of note -

don't underestimate the potency of psilocybe subaeruginosa! i took 4 very small to medium sized ones last night and was on another planet. very very very confused, very intense visuals, it was too strong for a while. be careful! sub's are several times as potent as cubensis.

Very true! I remember last year, i put four small subs in the stir-fry i was making for my girlfriend and I. We had two each and laughed our arses off for about 4 hours. :D

Start small untill you become familier with the feeling.

Thanks killarava, sorry 'bout the g/line breach. It's raining tonight and there's a giant park accross the road from me, I think i'll take some initiative. Still don't think i'm ready to make a judgement call on what is Magic and what is deadly, but it'll be interesting to see what I find.

booza :

luckily p. subaeruginosa are easy to identify. aquaint yourself with some photos of them, perhaps from www.erowid.org...

you will find them in woodchipped areas, there will most likely already be some obvious blueing that has occured on the stems and perhaps the gills or cap as well. if not, bruise them yourself and the blueing will occur within a few minutes or less.

By woodchipped areas do you mean tanbark? From what ppl have told me subs really only grow on tanbark and mulch?

i just looked through all those subs photos on erowid, and alot of them look fairly diff. pretty similar to what i found out when i was hunting, but none of them bruised blue, perhaps i'm not waiting long enough for them to bruise.

i DID find these giant dildo looking purple slimey ones, they looked kinda blue... but wouldnt wanna eat em!

if you see a fair few and none of them have any blueing already, then i'd say it's unlikely they're sub's.

i found them in two different wood mulch areas... one was probably eucalypt wood chips, they were similar to what i've seen in many woodchipped areas... the others were growing on a bright reddy coloured woodchip mulch.

From what i've gathered some of the best places are childrens playgrounds, picnic areas. Where there is layed out tanbark areas. Can anyone confirm this. P.S in relation to subureginosa

so when u guys say 'woodchipped' u mean actual woodchips, man/machine made.

not just bush with a sh*tload of wood on the ground (like branches, bark etc).

this seems australian only, us kiwis are keen too

tomorrow morning im going on my first true shroom hunt of the past several seasons. Due to the length of time since i last took shrooms i am going with someone alot more experienced in these fields than myself. Will post a report on the kiwi psylocibes found afterwards and may try to get some pics as well.
Also are there any kiwi hunters around who have some pics they can post, i have read erowid etc but am still unsure, cheers.

perth

does anyone know if the psilocybe subaeruginosa grow in western australia. perth is surrounded by pine plantations so i'm wondering if these would be viable or if psilocybe subaeruginosa only grow on the east coast

All i did was call the local Department of natural resource and environment to find out were they grew in my area,then went to my local library and got a field guide.I haven't tried yet but i,m quitely confident;)
I suppose you could do the same thing in WA, By the way i didn't just call up and ask were to find magic mushrooms.
I think they might tell you to fuck off if you tried that8)
Good luck everyone:)

fuzz : i'm not sure about WA, it really depends on rainfall and temperatures.... sub's tend to fruit after rainfall with temperatures around and below 10C! so it has to be fairly cold!

and yea skinlab - actual man made woodchips, although in some areas the woodchips seem to be treated so as to stop weeds and mushrooms from growing in them!

god damn, so much for having a national park behind my house, its useless then!