• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

mp3 players NOT by Apple!

Sennheiser and iRiver? You know your stuff. A decent pair of head/earphones can really feel like an upgrade if you get used to the pair that come packaged with the player. Bought a set of Denon's once and the bass was insane! Too much in fact, if that's possible. It killed the rest of the sound field. Sennheiser's have a lovely balance.

Too much bass without balance can muddy things. I've got 25sp's for DJing, though they're a bit tatty after many years of DJ & studio use.

These are my portable ones, a bit flimsy compared to the 25sp's & not as comfortable as some pricier models but they do sound lovely.

sennheiser_PX_200_II_216.jpg

I have these "headphones". They're shit. In terms of sound. Acceptable, maybe even a bit better than acceptable. But only cos they stay in my ears better than any other ones I've tried when I'm out delivering, and specially when it's hot and I've got a bead on.

Anyone know any better "sports" "jogging" or "postman" headphones that could work?

17670-sennheiser-pmx-70-sport-headphones-large.jpg

the beats by dre are excellent imo , i have htc sesation xe i use for tunes and it has beats audio built in, sounds good then when you switch beats audio on its miles better me earbuds are the beats which came with the htc have been thru 2 full wash ,spin and tumble dry sessions and still sound like new much better than my over ear sennheiser i use for tv etc when need be but then again sennheisers are 3rd of price so cant expect them to be the same1

I have the exact same phone. The original headphones weren't bad, but too much bass. The beats audio feature on the phone basically means BASS so that's permanently switched off. I still used the headphones until they broke though, on a cheap set of Panasonic in-ear ones just now that are far better.

atomic floyd are worth a pop, i have a pair of airjax titanium 2 and soundwise they are crystal clear but need an in line amp for me whereas my beats kick their ass voulme wise i dont have bass turned up full beats audio gives a much fuller sound not unbalanced bass , build quality by miles the atomic floyds are the best but pricey, beats are nice n comfy suit me fine

I'm sure you'll all be rapt to know that my Sandisk 8gig is in the mail! Yay! :)

Ive got 3 different Sony ones. From an old, scratched, beaten up and heavy 8gb one, to a slim lightweight @ small one that plays videos too. All 3 are still going strong. (They are all 5-10 years old). Sound quality is as good as the bit rate of the mp3s and headphones used will allow.

Yeah I just got the basic model coz 8g is fine for now, only got 5gig of music on my present laptop! My old laptop is full of music but it's fucked at the mo, doesn't work! :( Adding an SD Card in the near future is definitely errr on the cards though..! :D

EDIT make sure you always set up your player's region, the first time you turn it on, as "rest of the world" and not EU/UK as they have limits imposed on sound levels.

oh, & don't worry, I haven't forgotten! Lol

After some careful consideration I can recommend these two players:

The Cowon S9

and...

The Nationite S:flo 2

Oh right fair enough then, nevermind. =D<3

Nah it's good thanks anyway! Lol I'll keep that under advisement coz I dunno if I'm gonna like the Sandisk plus it's pretty cheap so I could go for a fancier model when I get rich :)

i got a cowon j3 that im quite happy with. paired with some rather spiffy sennheiser ie7 headphones they make for quite the listening joy...