Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film movies to avoid !!!

I'm sorry, maybe those other films are better, I can't bring myself to watch anything with him in it to find out tho. Alot of the times its just utter rubbish (like gone in sixty seconds or the city of angels thing or whatever it was called, so maybe it is partly down to the films he chooses - or is chosen for) and Con Air was alright. To be honest I just find him completely bland, neither a good nor a bad actor, just completely average. I think thats why I hate him so much, he is just THERE.

See he's not always bland though, that's what we're trying to tell you. His performances in Leaving Las Vegas (as a suicidal alcoholic), Adaption (as a neurotic/socially anxious writer and his twin brother simpleton aspiring actor), Matchstick Men (as a con man with OCD), Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (as a drug addict detective with escalating psychoticism), and Kick Ass (as an eccentric nerdy white guy) are all great.

In fact, he seems to be good at playing various kinds of crazy. To call him bland is to expose your own (admitted) lack of exposure to the full spectrum of what Nic Cage has to offer.

Nic Cage totally fits at complete opposite odds fo the spectrum:

Good Nic Cage films: Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, The Weatherman, Kick-Ass
BAD Nic Cage films: City of Angels, All the National Treasure shit, It Could Happen to You, Gone in 60 Seconds (to name a few of many)

Yep yep. I haven't actually seen The Weatherman, I may have to check that out. I've also only seen half of Raising Arizona, which I also need to watch because of the involvement of the Coen Brothers.

The movie shrooms! It was so lame and seriously couldn't stand watching it. The end of the movie was a complete twist but 99 percent of it sucked.

I loved the first National Treasure, goofy and unrealistic as it was. The second was wasted film stock, though.

Goodfellas, Citizen Kane, Shawshank Redemption . . . I could go on.

Is this sarcasm? Shawshank redemption is by far and away the best film I've ever seen. I think your joking you must be :p

^ It's not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but it's still a fine movie.

I love Simon Pegg (and Nick Frost).

^ Agreed!:)

...it's such a piss-take on all the Morse/Midsommer Murders right wing conservative programmes on British t.v.

The Swan's Escaped-hot fuzz

Not sure about 'Paul' though, it looks pretty bad. Pity. :\

Havn't seen this and please god I never will but had the misfortune to come across the Trailer...at least got a good laugh out of it!
Cross- Staring Brian Green and Jake Busey...nuff said.;)

^ Agreed!:)

...it's such a piss-take on all the Morse/Midsommer Murders right wing conservative programmes on British t.v.

The Swan's Escaped-hot fuzz

haha, that's great. :)

Asclepius said:
Not sure about 'Paul' though, it looks pretty bad. Pity. :\

I went and saw it a few weeks ago. You should just watch it, it's good. Once again, not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but it's just as good as Hot Fuzz. It has a lot of references to sci-fi stuff. A couple of my friends weren't familar with much sci-fi at all, but they still enjoyed Paul.

Something that I like about Simon Peggs work is that, while they take the piss out of the subjects that they are parodying (sci-fi, horror, buddy cop movies, action movies, etc). You can see that there's a genuine love for the subjects. Truely enjoyable homage.

Movies to avoid...

Thor-I was pumped to go see it as I love comic book movies(most of them) and this just didn't stack up. I made the mistake of seeing it in 3D and the 3D effects were non-existent. Plot was weak but the visuals were tolerable

The Green Hornet-I kind of new it would suck but i had to turn this one off 40 minutes in

^ I used to read comics a bit when I was a kid. I was excited over the X-Men, Spiderman, and Hulk movies.

I don't think I ever cared about Thor comics though. I'm even less excited about the movie. Will be avoiding.

^ The true success of that movie was the fact that it made almost $250m at the box office.

I am number 5...

good thing I was bored on an airplane.. that movie was awful.

haha, that's great. :)

Something that I like about Simon Peggs work is that, while they take the piss out of the subjects that they are parodying (sci-fi, horror, buddy cop movies, action movies, etc). You can see that there's a genuine love for the subjects. Truely enjoyable homage.

Ya, thats so true. Also there is a wonderfully relaxed, buddy- chemistry between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, that is infectious! :)
Will give 'Paul' a look at for that reason...;)

^ The true success of that movie was the fact that it made almost $250m at the box office.

Exactly. They took the 'Urban Myth' concept and made a fortune.

...because of all the media and teenage, bullshit hype around it-

''Ooooh, is the Blair witch real?!? oooh is it a Documantary about a real witch? Oh it must be because there is a hand held camera in it! Ooooh I really want to believe it but... em ...I just dont know...Ooooh it's so Creeeeeepy though! I think I' support this crap by spending my well earned money to go see it a multitude of times!!! OOoooooh!''

My arse! What a load of utter, unadulterated shite. :p
Good marketing does not quality make- look at American Idol....Cultural rape...Grrr, Argh! :p

Ya, thats so true. Also there is a wonderfully relaxed, buddy- chemistry between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, that is infectious! :)
Will give 'Paul' a look at for that reason...;)

Definitely. I'd never explicitily put my finger on it before, but I think their chemistry is a big part of what makes it enjoyable. Dunno if you've seen Spaced the series, but I think there's also a chemistry between Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson (the female lead).

^LOVE Spaced! =D Ya there is, can always tell when they r buds in real life, makes for a good show always. Was going to start a thread on it in here...*pending*