• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Movies and Drugs[MEGA MERGED]

Easy rider - just cushion yourself for the ending.
I wish I had one of those old fashioned movie projectors - that would be perfect for projecting onto a screen while lying outside in the sun getting slowly wasted

I usually find I don't have the attention span for TV while tripping, but towards the come down I've been able to sit thru Monty Python and the Holy Grail and enjoy myself.

Fear and Loathing would be up there, but what about...

Natural Born Killers...

I saw that movie once straight, did understand a FUCKING thing in it. Then, I saw it frying balls to the wall. It made perfect sense. Then, I watched it sober again and I was lost.

Grateful Dead the Movie

But only if you like the Dead.....some seriously trippy parts in the film, well at least when I was tripping.

none. its a waste of drugs. infomercials if anything. hilarious on psychedelics for some reason! :)

Freddy got fingered - fuck that movie is straneg even straight
Moonwalker - Micheal jackson turns into a rabbit and animals for no reason...
Trainspotting - just cos of the suppository scene
swordfish- cos the movie is done backwards
blow - the drugs are mouthwatering
How High - just cos its funny

wow i am so suprised that no one has listed The Trip.

what better movie to watch while trippin than a movie about someone tripping.

well its a very great movie... great visuals and just an all around great trip movie.

~sera~

Seraphix said:
wow i am so suprised that no one has listed The Trip.

what better movie to watch while trippin than a movie about someone tripping.

well its a very great movie... great visuals and just an all around great trip movie.

~sera~

I thought it was an ok movie - I found the effects and story/plot pretty weak even while tripping. I just really dug the subject matter and Jack Nicholson. But I'm surprised that other people had seen this movie, I thought it had totally drifted off into oblivion.

perhaps you are thinking of a different movie the one i am speaking of does not star jack nickolson... here is a bit of info about the movie i am talking about:

The Trip

Synopsis: A TV director, unhappy with his home life, is coaxed by his friend to a suburban drug den, where he takes LSD for the first time and experiences the "trip".
Statistics
Genre(s):
Drama
Rating: Not available
Runtime: 85 mins.

Distributor(s):
American International Pictures
Vestron Video
Theatrical Release: Not available
Video Release: Not available
Locations: Not available

Cast & Role
Peter Fonda as Paul Groves
Susan Strasberg as Sally Groves
Bruce Dern as John
Dennis Hopper as Max
Salli Sachse as Glenn
Katherine Walsh as Lulu
Barboura Morris as Flo
Caren Bernsen as Alexandra

heres a link to a page with more info:
http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/movie/178338

Pie (The title is the shape of the pie symbol its not actuslly called pie)

"Pi" a fucking awesome film by Darren Aronofsky, he also directed Requiem For A Dream.
But I wouldn't want to watch a black and white movie tripping. And the whole part at the end would be really bad for someone with a head full of acid.

Last edited:
Schizopolis

by Steven Soderbergh is fun when high. it's a little self-indulgent at times but it's got lots of thought-provoking ideas in it.

alasdair

Yeah... Donnie Darko. I watched that tripping once, and oh my god. All of the paradoxes and weird threads to follow....

Another good one to watch when tripping is "Pi." If you haven't seen it... holy shit... it's a mindfuck.

Pi is a really good movie

as for Cube, i do not understand why anyone would recommend this film; while the concept is quite interesting, the realization of the movie is complete bullshit (except the nice visualisations of how people get sliced to pieces);

story and characters are totally superficial and easy to see through; me and my friends once watched the first half of it stoned but then had to turn it off because we all agreed that it was a complete waste of time and not worth watching to the end; yea, it's that bad....

the underlying philosophical dilemmas the movie was really about

lol..well, a better director might have turned cube into that; in fact the movie is a heap of crap; a couple of ppl crawling through this cube thing and getting killed in various ways (with a very obvious and simplistic plot carrying the story forward)

Last edited: