• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Movies and Drugs[MEGA MERGED]

trip flix

Good one previous dude! I just taped Baraka recently and it is a candidate for a trip watchable flic...excellent cinematography..
but as far as I would note:
Akira or any such great anime, also, personal preference, mute the anime and play favorite dnb/jungle mix....flawless combo.
oh, Qbert's WaveTwisters might serve well with ones "melting night"
Not a movie, but guaranteed to please while trippin...
AquaTeenHungerForce and Sealab2021, and BrakShow Adult Swim.

i thought baraka was okay, but the qatsi trilogy has always held a place in my heart. Koyannisqatsi being my favorite. The Big Lebowski is another good one, so is the Star Wars trilogy. I kept seeing all the blatant mistakes, it was hilarious.

"waking life" would be great, but it would be ALOT to take visually and mentally...for the experienced only

the underworld live dvd is supposed to be great

^^^waking life i've never been able to take all at once, tripped once while watching it, and only could get halfway through.

24hr party people (nice 60's-70's cliche)
Nightmare on Elm Street 3..or 4 i forget..but they both had me enveloped.
Final Destination 2 @ theatre (random surprises while shrooming owns)
Thir13een Ghosts!
any old Reruns of George Carlin on HBO
Bebes Kids (Classic :p)
Super Troppers (just for shits and giggles)

oh man...

MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL!!!

fear and loathing, of course.

willy wonka/wizard of oz...both great choices

disney: alice in wonderland - DEF., aladdin was cool, too.

last but not least, and i haven't tried it yet, but i always thought the new grinch movie w/jim carrey would be awesome.

now if i could just find some....:(

CUBE WAS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN

it was just a horrible idea for a movie:p

Requiem for a Dream
Groove
Pie (The title is the shape of the pie symbol its not actuslly called pie)

nizzi said:
I should try playing Wipeout while tripping, it has a techno soundtrack and incredible visuals and it's FAST

that's my favorite video game of all time! that and wipeout XL and wipeout 3. ive played them on so many different drugs so many times :) and with the surround sound and the subs turned as loud as they go, its pretty amazing!

"The City of Lost Children" - One of the most intense, mind bending movies for tripping. If you cant follow the storyline, it looks and sounds amazing anyway.

"Eraserhead" - The most bizzare movie you're probably ever going to see. It is so creepy, you'll be on the edge of your seat, but its excellent fun.

"Female Trouble" or "Pink Flamingoes" - Early John Waters films go great with the zany tripping mindspace. Be warned, you will be disturbed... very disturbed... In a good way =D

"Metropolis" - The manga (not the old sci fi) is really beautiful tripping.

Pharcyde said:
CUBE WAS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN

it was just a horrible idea for a movie:p

Actually I was high as fuck when I sw it and really enjoyed the underlying philosophical dilemmas the movie was really about, how all the characters represented different parts of modern society and the cube was the system, built not for a reason but as an ongoing project to fuel the system that built it.

--- G.

Pink Floyd's - Pulse on VHS...such a mind blowing experience...everytime i watch that it makes me wanna trip.

When tripping on good quality LSD I couldn't think of a better way to distract the images presented while hallucenating. Trying to piece together a movie while a movie of your own is being created in your mind and presented on your 'mind-screen' seems like an unwanted distraction. And defeats the purpose of tripping in the first place. Music concerts or films are the only exception, such as Beatles 'yellow submarine'.

twominds said:
And defeats the purpose of tripping in the first place.

surely the 'purpose' of tripping is definied by the individual tripping?

i enjoy doing lots of different things when i trip: sometimes i get very introspective and external stimuli are irrelevant. other times i totally enjoy a movie, or some other art to take the trip somewhere else.

alasdair

some movies i liked

Wow you guys mentioned a bunch of cool movies to watch while trippin.
Here is list of some of the stuff I thought was cool (no particular order):
Fantasia (its just a classic and pretty much any other Disney cartoon will also kick ass)
*Toy Story (buzz lightyear was the man)
*Toy Story 2 (liked the first one so much we watched the second one right after)
*Gladiator (this shit was intense couldnt finish it and probably wouldnt suggest watching the whole movie. I just watched the first battle scene and I thought that was enough)
*Heavy Metal (Excellent movie, cartoon sex scenes were really bizarre)
*Evil Dead 2 (mentioned before, excellent horror movie, uncontrollable laughter is likely to occur.)
*Ghost In The Shell (badass anime not in english but trust me it doesnt matter)
*The Home Shopping Network (not really a movie but its provides for excellent entertainment. )

Thats all I can remember right now. Dont waste your whole trip watching movies though. There is other way cooler stuff you can do.

to the person who said natural born killers, i started to watch this movie tripping and it scared the shit out of me. absolutly awful.