Modern rap - hey old timers our music doesnt actually suck

Aside when you are old and listening to some 17 year old kid that grew up on the internet mumble non sense. The beats are much better and catchy these days, though.

Kevin gates is really the only modern day rapper I like. Peep has some OK stuff. Don't like crybaby attitude though. We have all been there buddy.

Aside when you are old and listening to some 17 year old kid that grew up on the internet mumble non sense. The beats are much better and catchy these days, though.

Kevin gates is really the only modern day rapper I like. Peep has some OK stuff. Don't like crybaby attitude though. We have all been there buddy.
you saying my crybaby attitude lol?

mumble rap isnt my favorite either but i see the appeal as it's more for the beats that go well in a club environment. Young thug has some excellent "mumble" rap though. He is quite gifted at using his voice in exotic/unconventional ways. he still can spit fucking bars but he doesnt solely rely on that

Not you. Lil peep. He has some good stuff but its soooo depressing. Feel bad for the kid, it would transformed into something amazing if he got his shit right.

NBA youngboy is pretty good. He is actually a better singer than rapper I think.

Also I forgot. Kodak Black. Would listen to him a bit back in the day.

lmao i got it now

peep can be depressing but i think it's a beautiful thing when someone deeply troubled finds an emotional outlet like he did. take xxxtentacion for example

yeah a lot of rappers nowadays are much more melodic/singy in their songs. not a bad thing imo

The Jay Electronica album is very good. I've also enjoyed stuff from Pusha T, Danny Brown, Earl Sweatshirt and Run the Jewels over the last few years.
I used to play that track Dip by danny brown in 2013 quite a bit