• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting)

MMA is not "ultimate fighting". MMA stands for "mixed martial arts", and it's a style of fighting. UFC is "ultimate fighting championship", and it's simply the tournament in which these fighters compete.
but yes, I am fan=D

I know delta, and it annoys me too as a hardcore fan when people refer to the sport as "ultimate fighting" I was just trying to reel in the noobs as well as the hardcores w/ the thread title seeing as how this is not a mma forum.

Anywho, is anyone else here blown away by Fedor signing w/ M1 and Couture leaving the UFC? 2007 has been absolutely nuts for MMA, and I'm curiously waiting for mid 2008 to look back two years to see how much things have changed.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the whole deal. But Couture had his reasons to move on with his other things in life, and move away from an organization that he felt wasn't treating him properly.

Oh well. Who knows, maybe when Couture is 54 Fedor will be in the UFC by then and hold the title, and Couture will come out of retirement again to try and take his belt back lol.

Long live the Natural!! :)