Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Miscellaneous Rants Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
THR! said:
Don't people just accept that NZ and Australian 5c, 10c and 20c pieces are just interchangeable? I mean, they're the same fucking coin worth pretty much the same amount of money!

Oh, and in my opinion, Woolworths craps all over Coles. I refuse and object to shopping at Coles. Their produce is shit, their stores are shit, they're expensive, their range of products is pathetic, and they're just totally shit at everything. Fuck Coles.

Really? On the contrary I find Coles cheaper overall, and they have a better range of some products - mainly the obscure ones I like, and particularly diet ranges like Weight Watchers. Woolies have been gradually cutting down their product catalogue of late - it's a new 'policy' to only have a certain amount of brands in one category (I know this because our company supplies product to Woolies and we were almost bumped out of our category by the new policy).

Service at both stores is appalling, but I find at least with Coles they're friendly while being inept.

The only real beef I have with Coles is the bloody double-scanning fucking thing. Happened AGAIN last weekend - this time, they double-scanned an $11 bottle of vitamins. I've started doing as you suggested jo, and just waiting until the next week and take the docket back, and I haven't had a problem with getting refunds whatsoever. It's just a pain in the arse, and I'm starting to wonder if their scanning system is actually to blame?

No it's just laziness, them not paying attention :\

I find the service in Sydney is absolutely shithouse compared to almost all of the stores I'd been to in Brisbane- big city differences I guess.

I wonder how much money they make from double-scanned items when people don't check their dockets... :D I never used to - now I always do!

The friendlyness factor is wierd.

Even our local IGA has shiny happy little school kids being fake/forced nice, while the nearest mega-coles has people who look like they may leave halfway through a shift to kill themselves.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Really? On the contrary I find Coles cheaper overall, and they have a better range of some products - mainly the obscure ones I like, and particularly diet ranges like Weight Watchers. Woolies have been gradually cutting down their product catalogue of late - it's a new 'policy' to only have a certain amount of brands in one category (I know this because our company supplies product to Woolies and we were almost bumped out of our category by the new policy).

Service at both stores is appalling, but I find at least with Coles they're friendly while being inept.

The only real beef I have with Coles is the bloody double-scanning fucking thing. Happened AGAIN last weekend - this time, they double-scanned an $11 bottle of vitamins. I've started doing as you suggested jo, and just waiting until the next week and take the docket back, and I haven't had a problem with getting refunds whatsoever. It's just a pain in the arse, and I'm starting to wonder if their scanning system is actually to blame?

Must depend where you live. I shop at Woolies Potts Point or Sydney CBD. The Potts Point one stocks really good quality produce and meats. I would say it's similar in quality to Double Bay. The CBD one is ok too.

The Coles in the area, with the possible exception of World Square, are just plain trash.

Oh, and as for one selling every product cheaper Joannie - don't fall for that corporate propoganda.

^ Yeah it does depend on where you live. If it's still the same as it used to be, every supermarket is given a rating (I think 1 to 4?) which dictates the pricing for that particular supermarket. I remember reading about this because where I grew up is lower on the socio-economic scale but for some reason the local coles was in the top band, making it more expensive to shop there than in 'richer' areas.

There were many complaints handed to Centrelink over the matter.

m4dd0g said:
They need more hot sluts at Woolies

Place is fucking Minging hardcore

Word. Im sick of old people at my checkouts Get some hotties dammit!

Seriously though, I worked in a place once that sends produce to coles and its actually quite good produce. Woolies always puts vedgies in those damn plastic bag packs, i want to pick my goddam vedgies out one at a time!!!

THR! said:
The CBD one is ok too.

The CDB woolies is rubbish! It has a the worst selection available of pretty much anywhere i have seen.

Except for the fresh fruit and veg, which is good.

THR! said:
Must depend where you live. I shop at Woolies Potts Point or Sydney CBD. The Potts Point one stocks really good quality produce and meats. I would say it's similar in quality to Double Bay. The CBD one is ok too.

The Coles in the area, with the possible exception of World Square, are just plain trash.

Oh, and as for one selling every product cheaper Joannie - don't fall for that corporate propoganda.

Not every product cheaper, over the whole range they're cheaper- as in if you bought one of every product that Coles sells that Woolies also sells, you'd spend more at Woolies.

im a BI-LO shopper myself.
the supermarkets arent as "nice" looking but i always find their meat to be sooo much cheaper than coles of safeway.

I had a text on my phone Wednesday around 8:30 pm

"Please call Lisa from Commonwealth Bank on #### between 8am-9pm"

Um, no, and fuck you.

You're providing me a service, if for some reason you need to speak to me, you call me.

I can maybe understand if there had been three missed calls and then a text to say we tried contacting you and now here's this message, but a plain "I need to speak to you so you should call me" is not the way to do things.

I'm still trying to decide whether to just not call them, or to call and speak to this Lisa girl, tell her she's a dick and what the appropriate way to contact one of your customers is, and that she can call me at some later stage when it's convenient for me to speak.

joannie_mhm said:
I had a text on my phone Wednesday around 8:30 pm

"Please call Lisa from Commonwealth Bank on #### between 8am-9pm"

Um, no, and fuck you.

You're providing me a service, if for some reason you need to speak to me, you call me.

I can maybe understand if there had been three missed calls and then a text to say we tried contacting you and now here's this message, but a plain "I need to speak to you so you should call me" is not the way to do things.

I'm still trying to decide whether to just not call them, or to call and speak to this Lisa girl, tell her she's a dick and what the appropriate way to contact one of your customers is, and that she can call me at some later stage when it's convenient for me to speak.

How bizarre! You're not applying for a loan at the moment or otherwise grovelling up their ass for something?

I actually encountered this attitude when trying to get quotes from wedding suppliers. I'd ring a florist and say "Hi, I was wanting to enquire about wedding flowers?" (ie. "I have $500 to spend and you might be the lucky person to get it") And they'd say "I'm busy right now, could you call back?"

Um, NO. I couldn't, thanks very much. Why can't you take down my details and call me back? (I actually said to one, "I'm sorry, me - call you back?" "Yes," she said without a hint of embarrasment.)

Similar some automated responses to email enquiries: "So and so cake decorators thanks you for your query, please call between 8am-4pm to speak to"... fuck off! Why would you have an email enquiry if you actually want people to call?

Oh well, at least it made it easier for me to cross those morons off my list :D

You know what really grinds my gears? The absence of a weekly, or even semi-weekly psy event in melbourne! I'm so sick of the regular trance places, and the music ta boot! I WANT PSY! I hate having to wait for earthcore every year, or random events that happen way too infrequently! I feel so oppressed! :(

^^ You Serious!! Thats Awesome!!! Finally a place I can dance!! And dance I shall! Too bad I missed last nights gig.. Oh well, now I wait for 2 weeks! I love it when that happens, I complain, then it appears... gotta love melb!

Status
Not open for further replies.