• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Miscellaneous Rants (part IV! tee hee hee... oh no, part VI)

The Search Engine You Used......hmmmmmm????

I hear someone was looking for this

well here it is someone... enjoy the ranting

Dear Diary,

Today, the 9th of October 2007, was the day the field day tickets were released, they were released at 12 noon, and sure as shit, by 12:10pm. they were sold out.

I do not have any issue with events selling out.

I do have a very well known issue with internet scalpers (i started a thread years ago bitching about them)

What i do have an issue with is (and even though i can not confirm this). Music Festivals being a social event.

It seems music festivals these days have become the ticket to coolness, and if you don't have a ticket, you're fucked.

What ever happened to going to events just because you liked a few acts on the bill?

Im sure at least 50 percent of tickets to summer festivals this year will be sold because "My friends are going" (and internet scalpers) Not because, i want to see this band/artist, i have never seen and its going to be the best hour of my fuckin life.

Events like parklife, harbourlife and field day, seem to be full of fluro cladded teeny fucks, that know 1 or 2 songs, that go for the social factor of it being cool... and it sucks for the actual people that miss out on going to such events because of this. Espically when side shows do not get annouced.

Big Day Out goes on sale for sydney tomorrow, then gold coast, then the others... In pure honesty, the 2008 big day out line-up so far, its shithouse... besides Rage Against The Machine, the line up isnt something most people would come out and spend $130 on, but sure as shit... Sydney will sell out tomorrow 55,000 tickets... If we are to say 20,000 of those tickets go to kids between the age of 15-20, do they even fuckin know who Rage Against The Machine are??? Besides Killing in the name of... they wouldnt know shit (i could be wrong)

This coming big day out will be my 9th year in a row, luckily this year, im going to the gold coast one. but over these past 8 years i have seen the big day out go from being a festival where people went to enjoy the music, to see the favorite artist... to an event where the wanker-o-meter reached new highs, an event where you can't show your national flag for the love of your country because the event was on a historic day in Australian History... to an event where i have seen fights at... the last thing i ever expected to see.

Fuck... ignore me... im just an old jaded stiff! (ahh im fuckin 23)

BTW - I GOT FIELD DAY TICKETS

I know what ya mean chopsy. Harbourlife sold out in something like an hour, and that is one of the most average line ups I've seen. Not to mention the ticket price was jacked up about $30 from last year.

As for Field Day, wow, I didn't know that it sold out that quick, since I wasn't here when my brother bought my ticket. Thank christ he was quick on the keyboard.

Whatever happened to early bird prices too?

You're right Chops. There's no way I'm going to any of those cheesy as fuck festivals which used to be so much fun and surprisingly free of retards.

I offically retire from New Years.

I go through about a carton of Marlboros a week. (Bad I know shut up). And I was buying them from the shop in town which has heaps of smokes and sells heaps. So anyway, I go to another tobacconist to see if I could swindle them cheaper to save a bit, and I find they are on special for a month or so. Great! so I go back later and ask for a carton and the shop lady asks me if I want soft pack or hard packs. I asked for soft packs because they make you look cooler. Anyway, she scans them and they dont come up at the special price...

... So she starts raving about how soft packs have more packaging and 20's are always more expensive than 25's. Which is total bullshit. There are the 200 smokes in each carton and they are usually the same price. So I realise at this stage she is obviously trying to fuck me over....

...So I ask for the hardpacks, 25's. She spends five minutes looking in the cubards and quadrouple checking her computer and Im thinking fuck this, I would rather pay 3 dollars more just to avoid this scamming bitch.

I ask her when she gets a delivery in (Thinking I would say I would come back- but really I would go to the other shop) and she says the delivery came in yesterday and they werent ordered blah bullshit blah...

So finally she offers me the softpacks at the special price and I thank her and get out of there. But what a total scamming bitch. I have worked in retail for years and know all the tricks but she was blatently bullshitting me because she was scamming and trying to cover up their mistake.

I will seriously consider weither the 3 dollar saving is worth going back there and dealing with her crap.

End rant.

:D

gah!!

Big Day Out site has been crashing something fierce, been trying since 12...

Stupid festivals.

gaaaahhhhhhh!!

I finally got into the window and entered all my credit card details and pressed send... and it crashed again.

I didn't even want to fork out the cash for it, I just didn't want to miss out on tickets since I knew they'd sell out, and I knew that I'd be pissed off if I missed out.

Fuck it.

Yeah its getting pretty fucked. Whats worse, I need to buy 4 tickets, on 2 credit cards, but money hasnt cleared with one of them. Means I'll prob have to get up at 9 and get more.

I ended up giving up. That was ridiculous. I was on the computer, waiting, before midnight, I tried and tried. At least 3 of my friends were trying as well, all of them had been refreshing the page before midnight.

I tried until 1:30, some of my friends stayed up later. Another friend tried all this morning, even Ticketmaster when their lot went on sale at 9 this morning.

Nothing.

How did festivals become this popular this year?

its a fucking joke alright

now kiddies i remember back in the day when you could still get BDO tix for the sydney show a week after new years

aaaah yes... back in the day

well well well what do you know...

i logged on at 6am this morning and they were selling syd tickets on the offical website, so i got 2 off there for a mate... no drama's

BUT... had to piss myself today... emails going thru quarantine

Teenage Girl Idiot #1 "Woo hoo, i got a ticket for big day out"
Teenage Girl Idiot #2 "omg, like, thats so kool, who is playing"
Teenage Girl Idiot #1 "no idea, but i spent $140 on a ticket"

ENOUGH FUCKIN SAID!

^ im going to the big day out with those chicks

they may not return though

one of them work with me (girl 2)

i see her quite often at my local... lucky she is stunning, otherwise i would have to kill her....

My housemate logged on at 9 because that's when the tickets were supposed to be on sale and got shit all. I bet there's already heaps being scalped on eBay though. How do those scummy fuckers always get tickets?

ch0psy said:
one of them work with me (girl 2)

i see her quite often at my local... lucky she is stunning, otherwise i would have to kill her....

lol, post number 666 to ;)

Rated E said:
I ended up giving up. That was ridiculous. I was on the computer, waiting, before midnight, I tried and tried. At least 3 of my friends were trying as well, all of them had been refreshing the page before midnight.

I tried until 1:30, some of my friends stayed up later. Another friend tried all this morning, even Ticketmaster when their lot went on sale at 9 this morning.

Nothing.

That's gotta suck.

I woke up this morning, played on BL for a bit and remembered they went on sale today.

and whatya know...............

Guess I'll have to go now....... :)

^
hehe, congrats :)

As I've discovered, everyone I know of who got tickets, did it at 5 / 6 this mornin. The early bird didn't get teh worm this time haha.

But it's cool, I wasn't overly keen on (paying for) BDO, after forking out for Daft Punk 'n Field Day. A little annoyed at missing out on LCD Soundsystem, and I'd have liked to have seen Dizzee Rascal...

See y'all at the LCD SS side show (if it happens) :)

WHY THE FUCK IS MY HOUSEMATE'S NEW GIRLFRIEND SO PARANOID I'M GOING TO TAKE HER MAN?!?!!!!
It's driving me completely bonkers. The girls' never met me, only seen my facebook profile - - - and she refuses flat out to meet me.

Today my housemate tells me she saw him open a text from me and was all 'funny' about it. Seriously, he's a housemate and a mate. Get the fuck over yourself woman and just take your boy's word for it!! :!:X:eek:

Why you would date someone you don't trust is beyond me. Totally beyond me. 8)