PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations - 2nd experiment

Thorns Have Roses

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the MXE Combinations Subthread

Disclaimer and warning - READ THIS:

This thread is under special supervision from the bluelight crew, calling something safe or not has to be
done very carefully so we will try not to do that. Instead, until more substantial evidence is available we will let the lists below serve as provisional information. Keep watching out even with compounds on the 'seemingly safe' list because:

A) MXE pharmacology is complex,
B) everybody reacts differently and
C) what is acceptable in one set of doses may be dangerous if the doses shift, maybe even if one dose decreases and the other increases!

Also, don't let this thread give you the idea that combining methoxetamine at this stage is normal, responsible, or recommended. Preferably experiment with this compound without combining it. Be apprehensive. Don't combine it right away the first time.

If users claim that they used some combo and were fine, this does not really prove it's safety.

Click the reference numbers (such as 1) to see the post that led us to reclassify combinations

Also, the following list is not law set in stone and you still need to check the thread to learn more about what you might be facing. Especially with the middle category.

Additional info on MXE with stimulants:

If the stimulant you are considering combining with MXE is not explicitly listed: note that it seems to be that the more serotonin releasing action the stimulant has, the bigger the risk of serotonin syndrome as MXE has been shown to have significant affinity for SERT. Inhibiting reuptake of serotonin is dangerous when levels of serotonin are also increased by another drug.

Even more so in combination with MXE, the more dopaminergic a stimulant is, the higher the risks typical to both stimulants as well as those seen with PCP and it's analogues, i.e. esp. the methoxylated arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives, when they are taken too far. Most of these if not all are DARI compounds and we probably ought to assume MXE is one as well (though DAT binding data is hard to find). Elevated levels of dopamine with DARI's could potentially lead to mania, megalomania, paranoia, overstimulation, neurotoxicity from DA oxidation, twitching, etc.

It seems MXE has no appreciable affinity for NET, but few stimulants are purely norepinephrinergic and with MXE sympathomimetic toxicity always remains an issue.
This means that in general we can say that as the dose of MXE increases and also when stimulants are combined with it, the risks increase of problems with heartrate and blood pressure.

List in process of compilation

Seemingly "Safe" (i.e. no dangerous side effects experienced so far by those reporting):

• Passiflora Incarnata / Passionflower
  • Valerian
  • Ibuprofen
  • Doxylamine succinate (unisom)
  • Caffeine
  • Melatonin
  • Nicotine
  • Phenethylamine psychedelics, but probably not 2C-T-X 1 (With any psychedelic it may be unpleasantly intense, please take that seriously)
  • Most 4-HO/4-AcO 1 tryptamine psychedelics, but 5-MeO tryptamines may be unsafe (possibly exacerbated sympathomimetic toxicity), aMT may be suspect - from a pharmacological standpoint avoid!
  • Zolpidem
  • Probably benzos, assuming you are not taking something like midazolam with significant CNS depression also on resp system.

Neutral / Suspect / Safety especially dose dependent

• Alcohol (warning: dangerous breathing depression in higher doses - dizziness & vomiting possible from moderate dose)
  • Dextroamphetamine (MXE taken at tail end of experience)
  • Methamphetamine (taken at tail end of MXE experience)
  • Amphetamines in general 1
  • 3-MeO-PCP, 4-MeO-PCP (may not be physically unsafe, but careful with potentiation / synergy1 2)
  • 5-MeO tryptamines 1 2
  • LSD (synergizes in unusual and potentially quite negative way, be very careful and dose much much lower with both or avoid. Read the thread for more info) 1 2
  • 25X-NBOMe (unknown! SRI may exacerbate dangerous side-effects - WARNING, click+read) 1 2
  • aMT
  • GHB
  • Nitrous Oxide 1
  • Cannabis 1 2 3 (physically safe but often strong potentiator / may synergize negatively)
  • Acetaminophen (APAP) / Paracetamol - seemed safe at first but is it truly? 1
  • Buproprion (Wellbutrin). Although there is a positive report other DRIs have caused problems.
  • Diphenhydramine / Phenibut (seizure reported these 2 mixed together with MXE 1) 2 3!
  • Seroquel 1
  • Racetams (such as piracetam) may negate dissociative effects but does not seem to be unsafe.

Unsafe / (Potentially) Dangerous - due to potentiation or negative interaction

• DXM
  • MPA 1
  • MDAI
  • MDMA 1, Methylone 1 2, 5-APB 1, 6-APB 1 2, 4-FA and other considerably serotonergic stimulants (read the additional info at the top!)
  • Tramadol (NMDA receptor activity & serotonin releaser)
  • Methylphenidate 1
  • Opiates (potentiation of CNS / breathing depression) 1
  • 5-HTP appears to lead to badly controlled serotonin levels and associated symptoms.
  • SAMe (S-adenosyl methionine) combined with SRI's can lead to serotonergic crisis and mania, and is therefore not considered safe to use with MXE. 1 2

Previous Thread
Big & Dandy Thread

So what else have you guinea pigs discovered in the name of science?

Last edited by a moderator:
best results and best trips ever are when i mix mxe with freshly prepared kava and good quality indica. i read a case of someone getting once a headache after combining mxe with kava, and i guess it could have been due to dehydration, as it is in most cases with headaches, and it is well known kava drying properties -it should be ok if you drink enough water before, after and during the trip

just to warn you not to overdo it -try with at least %50 less that you normally use; for mxe and kava; kava, like alcohol, ghb, bezos and other gaba agonists, can depress breathing

the way i do it when i want to "hole" or fall into a deep trance is to drink a pint of strong kava, have 20mg mxe under the tongue, wait another 10 minutes and snort another 20mg of mxe -then lay down in bed and smoke a spliff of pure good quality cannabis indica, no tobacco, being very careful of leaving it in the ashtray as soon as i notice the rapid increase of the effects

a quite room free of noise is as indispensable to get the best this drug has to offer, IMO -music is great too, but external noise not so

just to warn you not to overdo it -try with at least %50 less that you normally use; for mxe and kava; kava, like alcohol, ghb, bezos and other gaba agonists, can depress breathing

the way i do it when i want to "hole" or fall into a deep trance is to drink a pint of strong kava, have 20mg mxe under the tongue, wait another 10 minutes and snort another 20mg of mxe -then lay down in bed and smoke a spliff of pure good quality cannabis indica, no tobacco, being very careful of leaving it in the ashtray as soon as i notice the rapid increase of the effects

a quite room free of noise is as indispensable to get the best this drug has to offer, IMO -music is great too, but external noise not so

How many times have you done this combo?

Like i said only had this headache going on the last time i tried it.

The first times it was awesome and actually gave the mxe a spirutual touch which reminded me of ayahuasca.

I would love to try it again but that headache was very nasty.

I see Tramadol and other general opiates have been listed separately, can we assume that combining MXE and O-Desmethyltramadol carries the same risks as MXE and standard Tramadol (on top of the respiratory depression risks associated with mixing various downers)?

Did MXE and 5-meo-DALT and I was fine. Thought patterns where very erratic though.

45-60mgs of AMT, 45ish MXE (not counting how much i wasted lacing cigarettes) Had a pretty wild night! Didn't dose until about 12 o clock that night (bad move) whilst watching Fear And Loathing on my projector, which i'd kept having to pause and leave throughout the prior evening - was only halfway through the film when i finally dosed up and sat down to watch. Now i was still pretty fresh to my newly acquired substances and ended up spending the next 2-3 hours dosing amounts of 5-20mg of each in cigarettes, once nasally (didn't work, just stuffed my nose full and it congealed before i could even finish the line) a few different filled caps, and a rizzla bomb or two.
I have no idea why the fuck i didn't just dose up a nice amount of AMT to start with but regardless the dissociation came on before the psych, and over the next couple of hours i kept going UP and UP and UP. I think i cried at the bit where Duke says the speech about the 60's and how they thought they would 'win'. And what he said about being able to 'see where the wave broke'. Shivers thinking of it now. I really, really got into that fucking movie. I remember looking down my room and just being like "fuck me sideways, it's so LONG! I mean man my room had doubled in length at least!" i did not know what to make of it. Also i noticed that people have a bizzare fascination with squares, rectangles, cubes and cuboids. Look around you, seriously man you've got some box-related insecurities or something.
Definitely felt like i was hard-wired to my senses, whilst of course just head-fucked because of the MXE. Music appreciation was through the roof but i couldn't bring myself to listen to anything that wasn't Exivious (nice, soft, easygoing jazz/prog) or Down (and even then only some songs) because the mood of the song impressed itself on my mood. Put on Chronicle of the Stone Age by Gorod, made it about 30 seconds and then noted to myself "gorod is sensory overload" - it truly was, i just couldn't deal with it, it's hard to explain but i suppose you'd only know if you've experienced it. Technical Death Metal was truly too much stimulation for my poor, overstimulated self. After that i spent about 3 hours just sitting, rubbing my face and sighing. Good times! Visually kinda lacking but then i fannied about dosing the AMT over a couple of hours, and it's generally not that visual - facial morphing and tracing was WILD when i put on The Men Who Stare At Goats after Fear and Loathing though! I recommend these films while you're tripping most highly.
My verdict - at a moderate dose this is a reasonably safe combo. It felt safer than MXE + cannabis at least!!

Took 40mg of 5-mep-dalt and 45 mins in took roughly 100mg of MXE. Enjoyable buzz, nothing psychedelic mind. body load was average. Actually felt a lot more like good old ketamine than anything else. no negative effects to report except slight dehydration.

I've done this a few times now to great effect:
Take a few (I got perma-tolerance, so my bumps would put some cats in a hole) bumps of MXE over an hour or two, until I'm warm and comfy and not too-terribly high.
then do a mixed line of MXE and low dose (10 mgs for me) 2c-e.
More MXE as wanted.

So far each time has been very blissful, and physically comfortable (other than the pain of snorting the mixed line, but that too is way easier than 2c-e by itself).

said this many times before but.....

Valium + MXE = Golden. they combine like superglued fingers, cant take MXE without valium anymore. magical combo

MXE + alcohol is messy

MXE + MDMA is very bad

MXE + Mephedrone is very bad

yet to try MXE + DMT... dont think ive got the balls for that though

MXE + Nitrous could be interesting

Had the pleasure of doing 2c-i yesterday, 6mg insufflated + 6mg oral. Had a super fun day, was the first time I've tried 2c-i. Consumed it at about noon, was feeling that until about 6-8pm ish. Around 8pm, I insufflated about 20-30mg of MXE, and it was a nice experience.

I would note that the MXE seemed slightly dulled that normal, it didn't have the same pop that It would have had I had 20-30mg with nothing else that day.

I also noted that my heart rate was 85 or so before the MXE, and after it was 105-110 for about 3 hours or so. Usually MXE does not raise my heart rate, but it seemed this combo did. 2c-i raises my heart rate anyways, usually I am about at 60 when resting, but it seems that it was more intense together. I am glad I did not take MXE in the peak of my 2c-i trip.

Anyone know the danger of taking MXE with citalopram (5 mg/day) or cyclobenzaprine. Someone I know wants to try mxe but they are on citalopram regularly (at that low dose) and have been taking cyclobenzaprine.

Also, how's the combo with nitrous?

MXE+2c-b+MDMA+4-MEC+Valium+Yayo

all in moderation

potentially a good idea

or more potentially harmful.

Will most likely happen this weekend.

5-apb + MXE = Black-out + vomit ... this was not at very high doses (but with no tolerance). Black out/unconsciousness didn't last very long but I suppose there could be some risk of drowning in your own puke. Of course now I know not to mix serotonine-releasers with MXE.

On alcohol + mxe: I had been having 3-4 beer + mxe quite a few times before and didn't quite foresee the consequences of mixing larger amounts of alcohol with it. Huge mistake... We were having a party at my place and I happened to mention I had some MXE and some friends of a friend immediately wanted to buy some (they had used it before). So I bring out the bag ... and of course now everyone wants to try! This was late in the evening/early in the morning after a long night of drinking and everyone was majorly drunk (including myself). I end up splitting 500 mgs between 9 people (including myself). Most had really bad experiences, a majority of the people threw up, and now everyone thinks mxe is some kind of poison...

MXE + nicotine: I feel very little effect of nicotine and nicotine cravings almost entirely disappear.

Cannabis + MXE: Some definitive synergy going on, but will need more "research"...

How many times have you done this combo?

Like i said only had this headache going on the last time i tried it.

The first times it was awesome and actually gave the mxe a spirutual touch which reminded me of ayahuasca.

I would love to try it again but that headache was very nasty.

i've done it over 20 times already -never had problems (other than waking up my gf a few times for talking out loud while she was sleeping :/

my best results were drinking a specific kava strain called "stone" and mixing the cannabis indica with some 10x salvia

Also, how's the combo with nitrous?

Fantastic. Ratchets the whole set up a notch and keeps it there. Just don't overdo it.

Methoxetamine + shrooms was the most intense trip I've ever had. Becoming morphing landscape visuals and entities was nuts! can;t remember shit of it tho haha
edit: well I can, it would be cool tho if it all was a vivid memory

Can't wait to try it ha.

my best results were drinking a specific kava strain called "stone" and mixing the cannabis indica with some 10x salvia

MXE + Salvia is my favorite combo.