Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methamphetamine Discussion Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, exactly, is your intention with this research? Is there any specific reason you're interested in the homosexual meth culture?

Many people won't respond to you if they don't know why you want to know.

Well, I am trying to understand the drug culture in particular to the reason behind its use, duration and 'benefits' of the drug that made it attractive, associated activities, habits and behaviours that come with it.

The main goal of the research is that because of the previous research showing that NZ has a high meth-usage, does it translate into a higher number of meth users within the homosexual community and within the NZ general population. If the research shows that there is a significant number of meth users within amongst the homosexual community, there MAY (I do stress, MAY) be addition study into whether or not the effects of meth that make it attractive to such demographics is also found in other similar compounds or in pseudoephedrine due to anecdotal evidence that it may have similar effects. I know that some of topics I've mentioned have been researched previously but the research aims to see if there are any changes within the drug culture as opposed to just stats and figures being published about general usage, estimated production figures, number of arrests..etc.

It's late and I've had a few glass of wines so I may not be as eloquent as I should be but I hope that this forum post does help in explaining a little to what I'm doing. Also, the development of the research project is still in the early stages. Funds, grants and the sort have not been received yet but if I can start this as soon as possible, I stand a much bigger chance of getting the 'go-ahead' from those responsible for putting signatures on lines and stamps on paperwork.

Ravenholme, as you can imagine, the kind of data you are asking for is quite sensitive. We do appreciate anyone conducting research to provide their credentials and a work or uni email address associated with the research. Any previous work or a profile to help people understand your particular interests or slant will also likely help you get responses. As it is, given the nature of the site, we strongly discourage members from sharing personal information, and members on here could be anyone, claiming anything. That being said, we do have a drug studies forum. Please do have a look at it - sorry I can't link it as I'm on my phone. This question belongs there. Once you have provided the requires info, I think you'll find BL a helpful place to further your research. Good luck.

Just wondering how long people go without food for?

I had a point IV Friday night and I've not eaten anything since Friday morning(Sunday arvo). Pizza is on its way currently after smoking some weed for appetite.

Just wondering how long people go without food for?

I had a point IV Friday night and I've not eaten anything since Friday morning(Sunday arvo). Pizza is on its way currently after smoking some weed for appetite.

I tend to go no longer than 24 hours without food, usually around the 12-16 hour mark.. but having that said, its all light food, such as various fruits, protein drinks, anything really that isnt too dry (I nearly chocked to death tryin to eat a couple of shapes once -.- haha)

and of course, fuck loads of powerade/Gatorade.. usually the one with the most sodium as I tend to pour buckets of sweat when Im completely off my rocker

I also love how I lose nearly all my body fat within a couple of days due to meth use n my high metabolism haha pretty much go from 85kg down to 81/82 with no signs of muscle loss :p

I cant go more than 12 hours without food and always have fluids on hand. If I go any longer without food I end up feeling like ill pass out and vasoconstriction becomes way too much of a problem without fluids. I find I get much more anxious/mentally unstable without food and fluids.

I dont use meth anymore though because of the anxiety/panic attacks I get. Meth really scares me these days. My dad died young of a heart attack, heart problems run in the family, and while I dont have anything wrong with my heart at the moment I worry that if I do continue to use I will end up with something wrong, I cant risk it.

^ How long u been off the meth mate? Try and keep it up :)

Last edited:
Well, I am trying to understand the drug culture in particular to the reason behind its use, duration and 'benefits' of the drug that made it attractive, associated activities, habits and behaviours that come with it.

The main goal of the research is that because of the previous research showing that NZ has a high meth-usage, does it translate into a higher number of meth users within the homosexual community and within the NZ general population. If the research shows that there is a significant number of meth users within amongst the homosexual community,......

LOL where have you been for the past 10 years? or are you only 20 doing your thesis for uni? if you google enough youll find people that could probably help you that have already done this via Massey University/Palmerston north aka the 24 hour party people project. I mean put some cash in your pocket in nominations of $25, 50 - 100 and go walk the red light district and ask the transgender street workers, best yet go to the prostitute collective, first of all making a donation.
FYI no-one in this country is going to walk up to you and just spill the beans, the culture is total underground now! I guess your not street wise enough to understand this, sorry not putting you down or anything, just use your initiative at end of the day...

In the USA, tina and gay use is huge apparently. Not sure about NZ or Oz, but I saw some vid about tina (what they call meth in the scene there I think) and homosexuals.

Tweakers: How Crystal Meth Is Ravaging Gay America

Drawing upon conversations with addicts as well as experts in the gay community and at drug treatment centers, journalist Frank Sanello examines how crystal-meth abuse is reaching epidemic levels among gay men, and how almost one-third of the new cases of HIV are caused by the decreased mental capacity associated with crystal. Tweakers get a quick, cheap high, an exhilarating loss of inhibition and increased stamina at the price of permanent behavioral changes, brain damage and death.

^ That's not from the vid, I couldn't find it, that's some book from the US.

I dont see why its such a 'completely unrelated' subject. It happens, so why can't he/she do a study on it in NZ?

If that's the same doco that I saw, it was well worth the watch. Very sad, though.

breakfast, lunch and dinner is served, come get some if you are hungry -

4810466-3x2-940x627.jpg

(Article in the drug busts thread)

Have you ever seen that documentary on that couple in the trailer park who were meth addicts? The filmmaker set up a camera in the middle of their living room and just let it record what went on. Their kid was running around in his diaper, eating out of the trash...
That shit was bananas.

*drools* over poledrivers pic

Sorry to ask again but has anyone got a pipe with black writing (Sweet Puff) on the stem (not a sticker, actual writing)? It does not seem to wash off with metho??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.