• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone for heroin am i trading one addiction for another? Should i be worried

so when you didn't pick up the script and decided to stop you didn't get any physical withdrawals at all even a week after well that makes me feel a bit safer I haven't been on methadone for that long if I jump off soon I might be able to get out of it

Nothing at all. In fact it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

However, the circumstances were right. I'd just started a new job after two years out of work and collecting my script was becoming a huge pain in the arse. I was determined not to fuck up again so the incentive was there. Things may have been different otherwise...

Asking if you'll be addicted to methadone is the wrong question to ask.

The only question worth asking is "is this the way to make my life better?".

Sometimes in life there are NO perfect answers, you've only got the least bad of a bunch of bad options.

I got on methadone for my heroin habit 3 years ago and I've never once regretted that decision. It's not for everyone though. It depends on if it's realistic for you to take another option and if that other option is likely to get you a better life?

Don't fool yourself into thinking the goal is to be clean. It's not. Being clean is a means. The end is to have a functional and enjoyable life. As much as you feasibly can anyway. Active drug addiction prevents you having that. Methadone is one means to treating it, and there are many others.

Now if YOU should be on methadone, that's a much more complicated question. It's not automatic that if you have a heroin habit that you should get on methadone instead, not at all.

For one. Methadone is probably better used for the more severe heroin habits, less severe opioid addiction is probably better treated by subuxone.

And neither option is sometimes best if you haven't had a habit that long. Sometimes it's better to seek rehab or a taper and get off opiates completely.

Something else I'll say, I'd argue that methadone isn't trading one addition for another. It's treating (but not curing) an addiction while retaining a dependence.

Just keep in mind if you don't intend to stay on methadone a long while and expect to get clean at some point, don't get on more than you need (honestly you shouldn't anyway).

Personally when I decided to get on methadone I did it because I was absolutely positive I wasn't going to stop using opioids until wound up dead or in jail or something. I didn't want that to happen and I knew and was prepared for the possibility that I might be on methadone the rest of my life, and that I'd accept that trade off if it came down to it.

Not everyone's in that position though.

Best way to fuck up on methadone Is by doing methadone while still using gear.
Its easily done and I can see u fucking up mste
Well mate I would rather fuck up and have methadone to fall back on instead of fucking up and having nothing to fall back on you feel me?

As someone who fucked up and used heroin this year after 2 years of being on methadone, I was certainly very glad to be able to stop and not get sick.

Though I'm sure if you used every day for weeks or months eventually your tolerance would go up, mine didn't though. But it's because I was on methadone that I didn't use that much. I didn't feel compelled to keep using all the time.

Yeah I could raise my methadone dose if I wanted to it has started to become slightly less effective but it would still defo stop me going into full blown wd and when I cut the dope out completely my tolerance will lower again and the methadone should fully satisfy me etc I'm reluctant to increase my dose anymore because even though it will work better it will also be more to come down from so that's a last resort for me

What dose are you on and roughly how much heroin do you do? If you don't mind my asking that is.

I personally doubt many people are gonna need more than the 60-80mg range. That's where I stopped and I used quite a lot of heroin a day at the time. No doubt some people will need more but I doubt it's nearly as common as people just increasing for increasing sake beyond that point.

Is Ganjkat the same guy that prob a year ago couldn’t run a line of her on foil?
and was using a plastic pen as tube?
Or am I thinking of the wrong person

What dose are you on and roughly how much heroin do you do? If you don't mind my asking that is.

I personally doubt many people are gonna need more than the 60-80mg range. That's where I stopped and I used quite a lot of heroin a day at the time. No doubt some people will need more but I doubt it's nearly as common as people just increasing for increasing sake beyond that point.
2 weeks ago I was taking very strong stuff roughly 0.2-0.3 every day with my methadone on top now I'm still doing that but the quality isn't as good it's decent but that strong stuff was something else

Is Ganjkat the same guy that prob a year ago couldn’t run a line of her on foil?
and was using a plastic pen as tube?
Or am I thinking of the wrong person
Yeah I couldn't run foil when I first started like most people I imagine and yes I am 'that guy' who used a pen tube before you spit out your coffee in shock sometimes I still use a bic pen! Seriously I'm not here to get a badge of honour for being the best at smoking h I'm here to try and quit and sort my life out and I can run lines fine now not the best you know I hope if/when you quit and want some advice some twat comes and talks shit to you

I repeat I am that guy the guy who used a bic pen and who struggled to run heroin the first time I smoked it I also sucked at rolling a joint when I first did weed and I don't give a fuck

Smoking H is hard!!! The shit all goes up in smoke. Probably a perfect way to do it so you lose nothing. Its fun to smoke, though. I think I used a pen too. Or maybe a straw. All those people down there were IV'ing it. Maybe its different with #3, but tar is tricky to smoke.

Luckily we get powder here and can just open the bag and sniff it all up. We don't IV up here. Only the non city folk for some reason (the same thing that would possess them to drive 45+ minutes for drugs), and maybe some serious older hardcore addicts.

Asking if you'll be addicted to methadone is the wrong question to ask.

The only question worth asking is "is this the way to make my life better?".

Sometimes in life there are NO perfect answers, you've only got the least bad of a bunch of bad options.

I got on methadone for my heroin habit 3 years ago and I've never once regretted that decision. It's not for everyone though. It depends on if it's realistic for you to take another option and if that other option is likely to get you a better life?

Don't fool yourself into thinking the goal is to be clean. It's not. Being clean is a means. The end is to have a functional and enjoyable life. As much as you feasibly can anyway. Active drug addiction prevents you having that. Methadone is one means to treating it, and there are many others.

Now if YOU should be on methadone, that's a much more complicated question. It's not automatic that if you have a heroin habit that you should get on methadone instead, not at all.

For one. Methadone is probably better used for the more severe heroin habits, less severe opioid addiction is probably better treated by subuxone.

And neither option is sometimes best if you haven't had a habit that long. Sometimes it's better to seek rehab or a taper and get off opiates completely.

The best response here, this is the tuth

Smoking H is hard!!! The shit all goes up in smoke. Probably a perfect way to do it so you lose nothing. Its fun to smoke, though. I think I used a pen too. Or maybe a straw. All those people down there were IV'ing it. Maybe its different with #3, but tar is tricky to smoke.

Luckily we get powder here and can just open the bag and sniff it all up. We don't IV up here. Only the non city folk for some reason (the same thing that would possess them to drive 45+ minutes for drugs), and maybe some serious older hardcore addicts.
I ain't denying I used to suck at smoking id be hard pressed to find anyone who is good at something they have no prior experience with

I ain't denying I used to suck at smoking id be hard pressed to find anyone who is good at something they have no prior experience with
That was my point.
U gone from can’t even smoke properly to being on methadone snd scoring h still. Only took ur guy to ring to say he was in the area and u snapped it up.

use the methadone to break the cycle of scoring and living thst life. When u have done that start reducing ur methadone.

Take it from me u need to be careful

That was my point.
U gone from can’t even smoke properly to being on methadone snd scoring h still. Only took ur guy to ring to say he was in the area and u snapped it up.

use the methadone to break the cycle of scoring and living thst life. When u have done that start reducing ur methadone.

Take it from me u need to be careful
thats how everyone starts mate from not being able to smoke properly to then being able to everything you just said is the same I put in my original post it your not being sarcastic and trying to help fine but you are coming across as being deliberately patronising and a bit mean to a brother in need

Only took ur guy to ring to say he was in the area and u snapped it up.

Dealers are such scumbags. :D

I'll let you know when I want heroin, God it's almost like you're intentionally enticing me to buy heroin I don't need. :D

Actually me and my ex used to use this trick on our dealers. We'd use one for a while, then ditch them and wait for them to contact us offering us incentives to come back. And go back and forth.

It helped that we always bought our drugs together, and we both used a lot, so we were jointly pretty big customers.

Dealers are such scumbags. :D

I'll let you know when I want heroin, God it's almost like you're intentionally enticing me to buy heroin I don't need. :D

Actually me and my ex used to use this trick on our dealers. We'd use one for a while, then ditch them and wait for them to contact us offering us incentives to come back. And go back and forth.

It helped that we always bought our drugs together, and we both used a lot, so we were jointly pretty big customers.
You looking to get off the methadone Jess

Nope.

I can't see myself actually being totally clean for a long long time. Assuming I ever am.

thats how everyone starts mate from not being able to smoke properly to then being able to everything you just said is the same I put in my original post it your not being sarcastic and trying to help fine but you are coming across as being deliberately patronising and a bit mean to a brother in need
Just sayin it’s gone downhill quite quick to this point.
it can go downhill a lot more too