• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone for heroin am i trading one addiction for another? Should i be worried

3/4 days is when it REALLY starts to kick in. By 1.5 days it will certainly start.

If you haven't touched dope in a while, and then use once your tolerance will have certainly gone down. But only takes a few days of using on top of the methadone and you probably won't be feeling the dope much.

What I am saying here is that if you jump off methadone and go right back to dope, within 4/5 days shit will start to hit the fan. And then by weeks 2/3 you will need a lot of dope to stay well.

Totally depends on the dope and person too.

3/4 days is when it REALLY starts to kick in. By 1.5 days it will certainly start.

If you haven't touched dope in a while, and then use once your tolerance will have certainly gone down. But only takes a few days of using on top of the methadone and you probably won't be feeling the dope much.

What I am saying here is that if you jump off methadone and go right back to dope, within 4/5 days shit will start to hit the fan. And then by weeks 2/3 you will need a lot of dope to stay well.

Totally depends on the dope and person too.

Well, frankly then I really can't say I have the experience to contradict that.

I mean I have jumped from methadone onto heroin, but only from short term use of the starting dose (30mg).

Since being on 80mg for years I've never stopped more than 48 hours without heroin. Maybe 60-70 with.

I only get 4 takeaways in a row before I have to have my next supervised dose so that's the longest I can go without methadone anyway without it causing other problems for me.

@TheInvisibleStoner OK so lemme ask something say you stop methadone, in the 80mg range. And say you get sick as you describe.

What exactly happens if you have a large shot of heroin? I would assume that it would still work, just seem to wear off quickly. But now you've got me curious.

When I've been really sick and had a pretty low dose shot, it's often seemed to initially work but wear off after an hour or so, so I'm assuming this would be similar to that.

Yeah, it would wear off quickly. You would also need a shit ton more dope to keep right. Especially in weeks 2-3. Would be hard to keep the methadone withdrawal at bay. And when the dope would wear down, you would be ultra sick.

This gear is sooo fucking good the super strength stuff is the only one that's better but that stuff if a fucking madman by a lucky surprise my guy when he came to drop off the half egg had just picked up some new and better stuff probably the best one he's had in the last 3 months the last one wasn't that bad but it was better then the one he had before anything was better then that I only got it because it was on loan a ten a day that's probably the worst gear he's ever had but this one.. Oh this one and to think I wanted to go to some dickhead last night if I did it probably would have been shit but I know better I would rather go through withdrawal for a night and wait until I can get a gram and half of good shit instead of getting it straight away and risking getting some suit stuff anyway I am very happy atm very happy indeed and I am hardly smoking it even though it's good stuff I've had one line in the last ten min after I finish all my post and replies I am allowed to have another 2 lines that's the deal xD

I still haven't had my next line I can't wait any longer though:D for some reason when I'm good I just like to come on here and talk about it lmao

In my personal experience methadone was not a good thing.

but I’m the type to load it up in a steroid needle and shoot 3 mL into my neck.

I think I’m one of those people who need complete absence from all substances or I’ll die rather quickly

In my personal experience methadone was not a good thing.

but I’m the type to load it up in a steroid needle and shoot 3 mL into my neck.

I think I’m one of those people who need complete absence from all substances or I’ll die rather quickly
kinda true the last line is but also kind of not what you NEED is to prove to yourself you can leave the shit alone in other words regain the control over it and no offense but injecting the methadone was very foolish I mean your getting free heroin daily you will never be sick again and you blow well duh of course it's not worked good for you need if your pinning it again no offense I still use gear with or without my meth but I can and have proved multiple times to myself that I have control and can say no it's a special meaning a good omen and strong ward against the addiction demons me and you opiate killer one day, maybe one day soon me and you are gonna turn our lives round and make something out ourselves I can see it I'm not psychic but I see it or am I psychic;) nah I'm not no such thing anyway I am high as fuck as u probably are noticing do not ask me how I have managed to write a whole acceptable correctly spelled sentence never mind reply and much love baby stop the needle it's an evil man made tool you do not need it you do not need anything except the methadone actually stop the needle first then for everything else then you can sit back nice and well maybe catch a buzz if your lucky but the best thing and main motivation(imo/e) is all the money you can save because again methadone is free heroin I will repeat that FREE HEROIN what's wrong with you what and else dsnn

I will repeat that in case you missed it but you have FREE HEROIN just stop messing about with the needle and just swallow it or I will find and slap you and confiscate all your drugs(for your own good;) in order to qualify you to the 3 step "Ganjcat&Plantrats V2" program

I will repeat that in case you missed it but you have FREE HEROIN just stop messing about with the needle and just swallow it or I will find and slap you and confiscate all your drugs(for your own good;) in order to qualify you to the 3 step "Ganjcat&Plantrats V2" program

My methadone wasn't free my private insurance would rather deny coverage to methadone and send me off to some $40,000 rehab. Stupid fucks if you ask me.

But yeah I was paying $133 a week for my methadone, not a crazy amount way way cheaper than heroin...

The problem is is yeah methadone is nice and all but I need more than methadone. I need 12 beers or some benzos with it, I need some heroin / fentanyl to really feel that methadone.

Plus my clinic was giving away 13 days at once in the name of COVID - so I got 13 bottles with 110-140 mg of a methadone in them at one time.

I'd blow through 3 of them before the first day was even over.

---

The only way methadone would work for me I decided is if I increased my dosage every 2 weeks infinitely. Which means eventually I would be on 500-1000 mg of methadone. And yes you can do that. My record was IVing 450 mg in a day and no I didn't die or overdose. Not with this heroic fucking awful tolerance of mine.

The sole purpose of methadone is one thing and one thing only:

It is a last ditch resort to save someones life who can't stop using street heroin. That is LITERALLY the exact and only reason for it. It is a harm reduction tool.

You will not die taking a methadone dose daily, but I'll be damned you get a nice stick of fentanyl and you do a big shot, night night for good

I need
My methadone wasn't free my private insurance would rather deny coverage to methadone and send me off to some $40,000 rehab. Stupid fucks if you ask me.

But yeah I was paying $133 a week for my methadone, not a crazy amount way way cheaper than heroin...

The problem is is yeah methadone is nice and all but I need more than methadone. I need 12 beers or some benzos with it, I need some heroin / fentanyl to really feel that methadone.

Plus my clinic was giving away 13 days at once in the name of COVID - so I got 13 bottles with 110-140 mg of a methadone in them at one time.

I'd blow through 3 of them before the first day was even over.

---

The only way methadone would work for me I decided is if I increased my dosage every 2 weeks infinitely. Which means eventually I would be on 500-1000 mg of methadone. And yes you can do that. My record was IVing 450 mg in a day and no I didn't die or overdose. Not with this heroic fucking awful tolerance of mine.

The sole purpose of methadone is one thing and one thing only:

It is a last ditch resort to save someones life who can't stop using street heroin. That is LITERALLY the exact and only reason for it. It is a harm reduction tool.

You will not die taking a methadone dose daily, but I'll be damned you get a nice stick of fentanyl and you do a big shot, night night for good
you live the States eh sorry to here that mate I apologise I guess it really isn't free tell me why do Americans seem to have no rights not even to buy a pack of cocodomal from the Chemist over the counter never mind methadone fucking cold hearted corporate healthcare establishment cunts the whole lot of them don't matter what country your in its all the same when it comes to money but surely you should have the right to get yourself a basic and small dose of an effective painkiller such codeine, dihydrocodeine and lopermide all good painkillers and all available over the counter in Britain and well yeah the methadone is even better just show up and drink it in front of them and you get your daily fix for I could never live in America my ex always said I would get shot if I went to America's I have been once when I was very young to universal studios, Florida the best holiday and place I've ever been and probably ever will without a doubt not that I'm fussy good old skeggness(a cheap seaside city) is good enough for me if I get slagged off by some snobs because I would rather spend a week at skeggy then 2 days in Cornwall see if I give a shit whats the point in going holiday for 2 days lol if you reply feel free to ignore my holiday rant went a bit off topic sorry mate hehe

Yeah, it would wear off quickly. You would also need a shit ton more dope to keep right. Especially in weeks 2-3. Would be hard to keep the methadone withdrawal at bay. And when the dope would wear down, you would be ultra sick.
Damn sounds scary but I guess I have to accept it ain't gonna be painless have you been on the wagon like me and managed to jump off?

Ouch, assuming that's usd, I pay significantly less than that per month.

Normally everything's more expensive in Australia. But medicine? Way cheaper.

Ouch, assuming that's usd, I pay significantly less than that per month.

Normally everything's more expensive in Australia. But medicine? Way cheaper.

Are you Australian Jess? cool to know. I'm proud of your ability to be responsible with methadone. I wish I was and now here I sit away from my family in a tough position.

Are you Australian Jess? cool to know. I'm proud of your ability to be responsible with methadone. I wish I was and now here I sit away from my family in a tough position.

I'm a dual citizen of Australia and the US.

I'm not sure how responsible I am. I can't say that I use my methadone takeaways exactly according to how I'm supposed too. But at the same time, over time I've worked worked exactly how far I can go without fucking it up. And it took fucking up a few times to work it out.

When I first got methadone takeaways I was pretty irresponsible with it. Taking several doses at once and winding up sick before my next supervised dose.

Over time though I got sick of being sick and learned how to be more responsible with it.

Last edited: