• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth/ice as a stimulant vs other stims

Wiserthanearlier

Bluelighter
I have a question about ice or very purified meth.

In my experience with this drug it promotes wakefulness, unlimited energy and ability to go about one's day with ease.
But it lacks a rush, push, hedonism and any other desirable effects I get from other stims.

I have extensive experience with amphetamines which give an a rush and push of energy (and some jitteryness)
I have extensive experience with Cathinones such as mdpv/apvp and appreciate which have an intense euphoria and encourage personal hedonism.
I also have experience with methampetamines that aren't crystallised like ice. These can also be both rushy and hedonistic.

With ice, you are awake for a long time. But it lacks some qualities of other stims that frankly are the most enjoyable part.

Am I misunderstanding?
What is the enjoyable part from very purified meth/ice other than being awake for a very long time?

Also I snort it only. Is smoking more euphoric or provides anything else?

I don't get the appeal but wish to understand it

I think you may be experiencing low quality racemic meth rather than quality d- isomer meth.

d-isomer meth primarily effects the central nervous system including the brain and drives the intense euphoria that meth is famous for. l-isomer meth primarily effects the peripheral nervous system and drives the hyper-aware fight-or-flight feelings that meth can also give.

Good meth produces a major increase in sexual desire in a lot of people - i think this maxes when tbe dopaminergic euphoria aligns with the sexual arousal triggered by massive release of norepinephrine.

Some people don't get a rush or euphoria out of d-meth even if it's high quality just like some people don't get much out of dexedrine which is pure d-amp. All it provides is focus, wakefullness and perhaps a boost in mood. Other people find racemic amp and meth gives a euphoric rush.

If upping the dose, it seems to simply extend the length of being awake. The mood is good, just nothing else. No prosexual push which is unlike 9rdinary not super clean meth or amp.

Finding it odd. I do wonder if it's the isomer as mentioned.

I think you may be experiencing low quality racemic meth rather than quality d- isomer meth.

d-isomer meth primarily effects the central nervous system including the brain and drives the intense euphoria that meth is famous for. l-isomer meth primarily effects the peripheral nervous system and drives the hyper-aware fight-or-flight feelings that meth can also give.

Good meth produces a major increase in sexual desire in a lot of people - i think this maxes when tbe dopaminergic euphoria aligns with the sexual arousal triggered by massive release of norepinephrine.
So it should have some jitterness by increasing fight or flight if more racemes than d-isomer, right? This is also not the case, not at all

If upping the dose, it seems to simply extend the length of being awake. The mood is good, just nothing else. No prosexual push which is unlike 9rdinary not super clean meth or amp.

Finding it odd. I do wonder if it's the isomer as mentioned.
I have the same issue. Increasing the dose does nothing in terms of euphoria. 30mg is the max in terms of mood boost and focus. Anymore just increases duration and side effects no matter the quality.

I have the same issue. Increasing the dose does nothing in terms of euphoria. 30mg is the max in terms of mood boost and focus. Anymore just increases duration and side effects no matter the quality.
Yup this is it. Exactly the same. Quite confused. Have you smoked ? I snorted and am wondering if oral or smoking will improve it?

Smoking is much more euphoric than snorting.

If your ice isn't making you feel hedonistic enough to be masturbating by now,' then what you have probably isn't genuine ice or meth.
Euphoria can be variable and can even depend on the amount of neurotransmitter already in your brain. Also tolerance & other factors.

Yup this is it. Exactly the same. Quite confused. Have you smoked ? I snorted and am wondering if oral or smoking will improve it?
I've smoked, snorted and eaten. Eating is less intense than snorting. Smoking I found is more subtle than snorting. Neither is euphoric.

Smoking is much more euphoric than snorting.

If your ice isn't making you feel hedonistic enough to be masturbating by now,' then what you have probably isn't genuine ice or meth.
Euphoria can be variable and can even depend on the amount of neurotransmitter already in your brain. Also tolerance & other factors.
If one isn't getting euphoria from adderall or dexedrine then it's reasonable they won't get it from meth no matter how good it is. Even with no tolerance.

If one isn't getting euphoria from adderall or dexedrine then it's reasonable they won't get it from meth no matter how good it is. Even with no tolerance.
Maybe. I don’t get euphoria from dexamfetamine at therapeutic doses and going above that level very quickly brings on unpleasant side effects. Same same even if I go a period of no stimulants at all.

Meth on the other hand I find euphoric and the euphoria is quit dose dependent: i find it difficult to reach a point with meth where I experience acute unpleasant side effects. With smoking its damn near imposssible. With injecting I have overamped a couple of times on the first shot, but usually if I tolerate the first one successfully further shots of the same or smaller magnitude don’t push me over the redline very easily.

Maybe. I don’t get euphoria from dexamfetamine at therapeutic doses and going above that level very quickly brings on unpleasant side effects. Same same even if I go a period of no stimulants at all.

Meth on the other hand I find euphoric and the euphoria is quit dose dependent: i find it difficult to reach a point with meth where I experience acute unpleasant side effects. With smoking its damn near imposssible. With injecting I have overamped a couple of times on the first shot, but usually if I tolerate the first one successfully further shots of the same or smaller magnitude don’t push me over the redline very easily.
I was hoping meth would be pleasant but alas it let me down too. I've tried many different batches from crappy to good speed to alright to high grade crystal and I've never got much out of it pleasure-wise. Pushing the dose to extract euphoria just causes psychosis later on. I tend to just use it as a tool/med instead.

Actually, it seems quite plausible that your disappointment stems having meth that is too clean & strong and too much of a purely d-isomer product, rather than the reverse situation. I myself find meth quite euphoric in any form, via any ROA. But IMHO that euphoria is still less "up-front" than (d-)amphetamine's, especially at lower doses, and much less physically stimulating, to be sure.

Racemic meth probably would've provided more of the "push" you were looking for, along with greater jitteriness. . . assuming, that is, that the "dex- : racemic" analogy for plain amp. still holds up once after being methylated. And, to take a wild guess, maybe the impurities in meth (or certain of them) could tend to "roughen up" the high, in a way that might be somewhat appealing.

Meth in general, though, tends to have much "smoother" (and much longer-lived) effects than regular amphetamine does, no matter their respective forms/types. So it's kind of ironic that meth, one of the "hardest" members of the stimulant family, also manages to be one of the subtlest, compared to its more socially acceptable cousins like Adderall, Vy/Elvanse, or even Euro speed.

As mentioned, once you increase your dose above a threshold, the effects can be boosted greatly, giving you that "push" undeniably, along with physical stimulation. By that point, however, you're in for a long ride. . . As an ROA, smoking can be much more "hard-hitting," with a distinct euphoria for each big lungful, but I wouldn't say it beats snorting over a whole session/run.

Actually, it seems quite plausible that your disappointment stems having meth that is too clean & strong and too much of a purely d-isomer product, rather than the reverse situation. I myself find meth quite euphoric in any form, via any ROA. But IMHO that euphoria is still less "up-front" than (d-)amphetamine's, especially at lower doses, and much less physically stimulating, to be sure.

Racemic meth probably would've provided more of the "push" you were looking for, along with greater jitteriness. . . assuming, that is, that the "dex- : racemic" analogy for plain amp. still holds up once after being methylated. And, to take a wild guess, maybe the impurities in meth (or certain of them) could tend to "roughen up" the high, in a way that might be somewhat appealing.

Meth in general, though, tends to have much "smoother" (and much longer-lived) effects than regular amphetamine does, no matter their respective forms/types. So it's kind of ironic that meth, one of the "hardest" members of the stimulant family, also manages to be one of the subtlest, compared to its more socially acceptable cousins like Adderall, Vy/Elvanse, or even Euro speed.

As mentioned, once you increase your dose above a threshold, the effects can be boosted greatly, giving you that "push" undeniably, along with physical stimulation. By that point, however, you're in for a long ride. . . As an ROA, smoking can be much more "hard-hitting," with a distinct euphoria for each big lungful, but I wouldn't say it beats snorting over a whole session/run.
Yes high quality crystal meth feels too clean and subtle to feel like it's a powerful stimulant. I don't know how fast one's heart has too beat before euphoria starts but the closest to physical euphoria I had was after 1p of decent speed I got a slightly warm and tingling sensation for a minute but effects quickly became uncomfortable from a high heart rate and a slew of other side effects.

I've smoked and I find each lungful of smoke doesn't make effects stronger after the first big lungful. It just extends the duration and increases side effects like eating.

What comes up goes down to too hard with methamphetamine specifically.

Im OK with dl-amphetamine