Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

You cannot mix some of those @JoEhJoEh

Taking Escitalopram and 5-HTP at the same time and could cause you to get serotonin syndrome possibly due to it being an SSRI. You should be careful with 5-HTP as it interacts with all types of drugs and I found whatever benefits to be placebo. You shouldn't risk it if you dont plan on coming off the SSRI first as it could be fatal combination.

Thanks, that's why I'm asking. What about the GABA? Is it making the other downers just stronger?

GABA is a pretty useless supplement IMO ot would cause me to get niacin like flush in higher doses above gram or two. Would feel mildly relaxing for about 30mins as disappear but honestly that minor sedative effect could have been placebo do to it not crossing blood brain barrier properly. The only of those I'd be bothering with is Phenibut honestly.

GABA is a pretty useless supplement IMO ot would cause me to get niacin like flush in higher doses above gram or two. Would feel mildly relaxing for about 30mins as disappear but honestly that minor sedative effect could have been placebo do to it not crossing blood brain barrier properly. The only of those I'd be bothering with is Phenibut honestly.

Ok, is it SO addictive? I never tried it but heard totally different things about it. (Phenibut)

JJ

Hell yeah its addictive and the withdrawals are very similar to that of a benzodiazepine. So yeah you should just use it once every 3-4 days if you can with HCL I'd say 1.5 grams is a good realm to start but I use more. It's never gonna be overly intoxicating but it's interesting in it's own way. I have been cycling Phenibut for a decade if you do it right it's one of my favorites but you gotta be mindful tolerance build quick and once your hooked your unable to sleep without it. Got addicted to Phenibut for a year once and the withdrawal was really shitty like taking 8-10 grams a day in the end. It can be an addicting drug for people but once I came back now I take lower doses spread out more

EDITED BC IM PARANOID

Good news regarding the situation with the abusive ex but i have loads of conflicting emotions and im quite scared

Last edited:
Why cant my drug doctor just say "Youre schizotypal and shit". Im gonna ask her next time. Wouldnt have to spend time thinking about it then.

Today I will get to know if he gets released awaiting trial or if they keep him there. Im really nervous can't concentrate on anything

I won't know until tomorrow. Ugh. I hate to wait like this. Sometimes I wish I never pressed charges. It's way too much to deal with

He's kept until trial! Im an emotional mess though. Just want this to be over so I can put this behind me. Not looking forward to the trial. Can't really sleep, can't eat, crying all the time.
I think I could have handled the situation better if I had not messed up my serotonin before all this but it is what it is can just try to look after myself better from now on.

THE POLICE FOUND A FUCKING RECORDING OF IT!!! He had saved that shit for 5 years what are the odds???? Im so happy you guys you wont believe how relieved i am like whaat the actual fuck he KNEW i had pressed charges HE STILL KEPT THE RECORDING!!

Not good at all xanax arrived forgot its actually so short acting its a shit sleep med

I'm loosing the plot, I'm so up and down I don't know what's withdrawal whats stopping pregabalin suddenly, and not being on an antidepressant and what's my depression trying to sneak back in, I had a blast the other day with friends DRINKING, I don't normally drink lol but for some reason in those photos of me having fun with my friends outside with music and a few drinks I looked so happy, I was actually happy, then next day felt okay, then well, don't know now *shrugs*

Best of wishes to you fairy life struggles are hard especially withdrawing off benzos i had short stint with them once and it was the worse of any drug i had done to come off use to steal alot of shit on xannax aswell.

Having that social circle that will be there for you when you decide to go out and understand when you want to be alone is what helped me aswell, feel happy for a night then bad days later. Depression and anxiety is such a a beast to deal with it. I still suffer anxiety and depression comes and goes have to battle every day when it is there and whenever it takes months or years to feel a short cycle of freedom of depression i try soak in and appericate the days i can feel and enjoy life.

Awww thankyou @TripSitterNZ you're very sweet, I'm going to chill and listen to music as it does help sometimes to just listen to your favourite tunes, yeah don't start getting into benzos, what starts off as here and there for comedowns or sleeping after uppers becomes daily for comedowns that drag on, and nightly as you end up with insomnia once your brain expects its benzo or zopiclone etc to get to sleep

Anxious and nervous. Awaiting phone call from the police. I hate phone calls and I don't really like the police either ugh.
Apart from this im trying to be a little more positive and have been trying to get into meditation again. Slowly though but its better then nothing atleast

I absolutely can see how PTSD could have been caused by the lockdown - the isolation, the unemployment, the loss of opportunities and the general inability to feel well has definitely contributed to what I've been experiencing. I believe my PTSD was caused by something else that I also discussed in The Dark Side, but I know that a lot of underlying stuff like mental illness made things much worse and made it much harder to cope with.

I see you're taking mirtazapine. That's the same stuff I'm on, and I was wondering how you were coping on that? It's a pretty heavy duty sedative, and it didn't even help me sleep during the recent trauma, but I will report that I'm sleeping much better the last couple of days, but emotionally I'm still not where I want to be.

Are you considering coming off the mirtazapine? I can't stop using it, as I won't be able to sleep at all. Believe me, I've tried a couple of times with near tragic results. It's something I'm afraid I'm stuck on...and I hope it is always available.

Hello I hate being on any pharmaceutical. I was using mirtazepine with another drug years ago, and came off them both. This was after 5 singing bowl classes in Kennington Park in London. This was a group class. I originally went on mirtazepine for insomnia due to tinnitus. I managed to quit it in 2014 in several weeks. To be honest my sleep problem might have resolved underneath the drug.

I believe with mdma assisted psychotherapy, and other psychological techniques, I could come off mirtazepine again in 6 weeks. I feel disgusted i need a psychotropic in general. I used to work in pharmacy in Britain, this was enough.

I was tried on sertraline in April. I tapered off in late June.

I believe with mdma assisted psychotherapy, and other psychological techniques, I could come off mirtazepine again in 6 weeks. I feel disgusted i need a psychotropic in general. I used to work in pharmacy in Britain, this was enough.

I was tried on sertraline in April. I tapered off in late June.

Sertraline is an SSRI type medication with side effects that I could not deal with - but it obliterated any anxiety.

Not sure about MDMA theory, it's not legal in Australia at this stage which is a shame.

They were not sure they had found the right video. Im going to a new police hearing next week. Also have to find a job due to some circumstances. Not the best timing. 2000 $ in debt. '2 computers and 1 ipad died in 48 hours also so had to borrow even more money for a new computer. Relapsed with the self harm thingy like a stupid 14 year old emo yesterday also. This is ridicolous.

It could be worse though. Still trying to stay positive. Im also kinda in the process if figuring out what life really is, my whole vewing point of the world/universe our existance has kinda changed. Feels like im on the right path in someway, tiny tiny baby steps atleast.
Stay positive blue friends <3