• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

Getting more stressed out each day. Not looking forward to the police hearing but atleast I have 1 mg xanax to take before going in. Just want it to be over ugh

Some good news regarding the case. Still as nervous about friday.
Keeping my head up though. Gonna smoke a big joint and watch some joe rogan podcast to celebrate the good news.
Hope you are all doing well.

Wish you all the best, keep moving forward having momentum in life can help propel us through hard times though it can be very draining. Whats your favorite joe rogan episode?

Having a good day so far. I had clonidine left over so i have been taking it when I get overwhelmed and benzos are not enough.
This whole sober thing is best for me but I think i have PAWS.
I am very emotional but this is the first time I've been sober in years

Hi all,

This thread should be a safe haven for those with MI, where we can chat with each other and talk about how we are feeling for the day.

I have Bipolar Disorder, and today i feel pretty stable. I've been sober for a week now because i have a probation piss test coming up, but will soon do some meth. The thing is, i stay up all night when on it, so it could quite possibly make me hypomanic.

But what's wrong with a little hypomania when your on Lithium, Lamictal and Vraylar? Can't be that bad of a crash. I mean, i've done meth before on these meds and i was fine.. I obviously don't recommend it but self medication is such a big part of my life, unfortunately.

Anyway, hopefully i can get to know some of you and we can talk about problems, successes, and just anything that's on your mind.

:D
How do I feel?
Like caca.

@SAT4N_420

Part of feeling hopeless is the come down from hypomania. It will get better in time, until it comes back, unfortunately. I've been there before too.

Medications saved my life.

It sucks that it came at a really bad time.

Do you have any thing you like to do to to pass the time?

Because it will get better. Distractions can help pass the time.

No shame in going to the hospital too if needed.

I feel fantastic. I just rode my new bike along 10 km of high elevation single track mountain trail and feel a bigger sense of achievement than I have in years. It took 90 minutes, I pushed it up the really steep bits, and got yelled at by punk kids trying to speed past on the downhill but I made the distance without injury and only puked right at the finish.

I’m 51 and a month ago my life was nothing but mainlining meth and banging Asian hookers. This is way better, despite the total body ache and the high potential for sudden cardiac arrest.

Had the usual morning fight with my husband. According to him im blaiming every thing I don't want to do on my PTSD.
Yesterday I showed him this video about ptsd and stress response/anxiety in rats where they explained conditioning. My ex used to have these like 5 hours sessions where I had to account for something I did like every detail, and I could not even just say what was true because he just would not believe me and would keep me there until I had answered everything "right". That happened loads of times.

Tried to explain to my husband that that's why I get all quiet and can't really answer him properly when we have a discussion/argument. For me every "serious" conversation is super stressful. But my husband don't seem to get that it's not just me wanting to get out of an uncomfortable situation. It's like literally hell for me. Especially now with the police hearings and having to think about all this shit again

Sorry blue friends rambling here again as asual

Had the usual morning fight with my husband. According to him im blaiming every thing I don't want to do on my PTSD.
Yesterday I showed him this video about ptsd and stress response/anxiety in rats where they explained conditioning. My ex used to have these like 5 hours sessions where I had to account for something I did like every detail, and I could not even just say what was true because he just would not believe me and would keep me there until I had answered everything "right". That happened loads of times.

Tried to explain to my husband that that's why I get all quiet and can't really answer him properly when we have a discussion/argument. For me every "serious" conversation is super stressful. But my husband don't seem to get that it's not just me wanting to get out of an uncomfortable situation. It's like literally hell for me. Especially now with the police hearings and having to think about all this shit again

Sorry blue friends rambling here again as asual

That's why you think twice before committing your life to someone else.

My ex used to have these like 5 hours sessions where I had to account for something I did like every detail, and I could not even just say what was true because he just would not believe me and would keep me there until I had answered everything "right". That happened loads of times.

Tried to explain to my husband that that's why I get all quiet and can't really answer him properly when we have a discussion/argument. For me every "serious" conversation is super stressful. But my husband don't seem to get that it's not just me wanting to get out of an uncomfortable situation. It's like literally hell for me.
Holy fucking christ, thanks for sharing that, maybe it was not easy, that sounds horrific. :(

Has your husband had any kind of counselling himself or made any effort to educate himself about PTSD?

Aware I'm kind of jumping into the discussion here and am a little altered so I'll keep this post short in case I missed something further back or misunderstood something or just say something dumb, but IMO obviously conflict resolution when said conflict is a trigger for any PTSD symptoms is something that needs to be done the right way, ie, there is most definitely a wrong way to approach an argument, or even a discussion, preferably, the juxtaposition of these terms is noted. That being the case if your husband isn't aware of where the lines are then he has a moral duty to become aware of them, in some places there are various services that can advise him on this, ah god I'm sorry I thought I'd be coherent enough to be able to say something useful but I don't think I am in fact, all the best to you anyway.

Thanks for your answer @Vastness ! don't think he's really able to be as considate as I need. He probably has some empathy problems I think. Can't answer as long as I would like. We are going try it a few more weeks but I think a divorce has been coming for a long time so.

On my way to like the 6th police hearing regarding my ex now. As nervous as always. Wish me luck blue friends <3

It went good! Got more positive news! Totally fucking anxious exhausted wreck though, 1,5 mg of xanax was not even noticable due to my anxiety levels lol. Bought some beer so gonna relax when I get home. Or try at least!

I think this is a great thread, I don't have any confidence in myself,I just started a new job and already I'm think I wont do good at it,I worry too much about what people think about me, it's why I left my last job.

I start thinking everyone is looking at me and judging me,is this a sort of mental illness?

I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

I think this is a great thread, I don't have any confidence in myself,I just started a new job and already I'm think I wont do good at it,I worry too much about what people think about me, it's why I left my last job.

I start thinking everyone is looking at me and judging me,is this a sort of mental illness?

I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

The bolded bits - yes it is - that is anxiety