Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

Christmas was pretty good! Glad to spend it with my new family. Yeah I'm trying to make the best out of my situation. Within the last 6 months I started taking Lamictal (bipolar) and gabapentin (for anxiety).

I love my lamictal. Does a wonder on depression and still lets me have (a bit of) hypomania in the spring. Though we had to up it to 400mg after last spring because i broke through but at least i wasn't manic.

I love my lamictal. Does a wonder on depression and still lets me have (a bit of) hypomania in the spring. Though we had to up it to 400mg after last spring because i broke through but at least i wasn't manic.

Yes I really do like my lamictal too. I had more of a problem with rapid cycling depressing, but I still had manic episodes too. Currently been sustaining myself on 100mg. Will probably need to go up a little more soon though. My psych doesn't prescribe benzos for anxiety, which is disappoint, but gabapentin seems to help quite a bit. I would just like a benzo to help at times of severe anxiety (mostly my social anxiety in crowds).

And wow, 400mg sounds like quite a bit. Is there a cap dose? Do they wean you off it?

I think 300 or 400 is the "max", but i was in a psych ward and met someone on 1,800mg of seroquel, along with a high dose of depakote, so anything is possible lol.

Glad the gabbapentin is helping. Best to stick with something less addictive if it works for you.

What are your thoughts on Valproic acid? I cant really get depressed so I dont need depression meds, but anyone ever tried deprakine?

Basically the same as depakote, IIRC. I knew people on it they said it was fairly sedating. Wellbutrin was the best antidepressant for me, but i carry very low anxiety so that's probably why - wellbutrin can exacerbate anxiety issues but is a great stimulating AD.

^ "Occultist junkie robes", that's too funny!

I'm feeling pretty good for someone who hasn't slept...not manic, that's for sure. Kinda sleepy, but just didn't sleep. Ah well.

Yes I really do like my lamictal too. I had more of a problem with rapid cycling depressing, but I still had manic episodes too. Currently been sustaining myself on 100mg. Will probably need to go up a little more soon though. My psych doesn't prescribe benzos for anxiety, which is disappoint, but gabapentin seems to help quite a bit. I would just like a benzo to help at times of severe anxiety (mostly my social anxiety in crowds).

And wow, 400mg sounds like quite a bit. Is there a cap dose? Do they wean you off it?
Are you on anything else? I’m on 225mg Effexor, 300mg/Limictal and 5mg/Abilify.
I thought the Limictal was helping the first few months ago but now my depression is outweighing the good times. I’m bipolar II and major depressive. I’m so tired of going on line this. Which is why I self medicate, another thing I’m so sick of doing! What help out there could be next? My insurance won’t cover the ketamine treatment. I might try the MDMA treatment but I have to be off meds a few weeks which I’m scared to do. I feel like I’m at the end of the road far as finding something to even put a smile on my face.😣

Are you on anything else? I’m on 225mg Effexor, 300mg/Limictal and 5mg/Abilify.
I thought the Limictal was helping the first few months ago but now my depression is outweighing the good times. I’m bipolar II and major depressive. I’m so tired of going on line this. Which is why I self medicate, another thing I’m so sick of doing! What help out there could be next? My insurance won’t cover the ketamine treatment. I might try the MDMA treatment but I have to be off meds a few weeks which I’m scared to do. I feel like I’m at the end of the road far as finding something to even put a smile on my face.😣

I'm tired of it too so I get it. I was very hopeful about TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) treatment, but that's for treatment-resistant major depression only. The bipolar part disqualified me for that. Even though I have major depression, they were afraid the bipolar part would trigger mania if I used the machine. A bunch of bullshit. There are ketamine treatments available in my state, but that's clearly only for the wealthy. Again, a bunch of bullshit. Antidepressants are useless because I'm treatment-resistant. Microdosing shrooms is supposed to help, but not every one has access to that kind of thing. I will never trip on LSD and crap like that trying to find answers. It could make things worst. I wish I had the answer for you. Stay strong. *HUGS*

Damn I got manic/psychotic again. Well atleast theres one thing Im good at!

Bummer. Do you have medicine to stop the mania?

Actually I'm kinda wondering if I'm mentally ill at all. That's the label they love to spread so it seems like you don't know what you're talking about. Some of us are hypersensitive and allergic to the bullshit going on in this world. We can't just ignore the obvious horrendous things going on. Anyone who can function in a world where people in power are pedophiles and sacrificing babies are sociopaths/crazy people who are considered the norm. It's sickening.

There are few willing to stand up and do anything about it. Many turn a blind eye towards malevolence because it feels safer to just avoid it. We only further create a problem by refusing to step in and change the facts, but the fact is, so few of us are able to face that change without knowing the facts. Other virtues of the Moon besides Hypersensitivity are Motherliness and Benevolence. Though the ruling malfunctions of the moon are Psychosis, Schizophrenia, and Lycanthropy. From what I understand, psychopaths and schizophrenics are bitter enemies.

I tend not to think on who's crazy and who's not. I feel what I feel and I act on these feelings as if they were my own children. Protecting them and safeguarding them from the word I believe is called evil.

Evil is not malevolence. It is a construct of that. Malevolence feeds evil and those who seek to do horrible things create that evil. Problem is, they feel so rewarded in the process that they lose sight and do not believe they are causing it to exist. I have been in a few scruffs and felt a brief satisfaction in overpowering and defeating my opponent. But that is not a lingering feeling that will lead to happiness.

My current mental health: I am not as happy as I would like to be. But I will continue to work for it.

Might be hypomanic I'm envisioning banging almost every female who walks into work, talking a lot and sleeping poorly.

After having kept a lid on it for a month I’m feeling mania brewing in my head which will inevitably lead me to act out the obsessive stim/sex binge fantasies I’m having.

I know some big doses of seroquel would nip it in the bud but I kind of want to let rip a bit (and don’t have any seroquel)

Not really hating myself but sure as shit not really admiring myself right now either....