Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

No, I don't react more strongly than other people. As I've said, there are plenty of others on the Quitting Adderall forum who went through the exact same thing I did.
I don't know why the link doesn't work for you.

I've never had a problem with Gabapentin, it's been very helpful for me. You can't stop cold turkey if you take it consistently just like most medicine, but it's always been great for me. It's up to you whether you try it or not. I like the feeling of Adderall much better than Concerta, but Adderall or any amphetamine is not sustainable. Every one falls into the same trap of raising their dose and the drug stops working like it used to. We all have to quit at some point. I've been off of it for one year and that is no small feat.
I'm proud of that.

You seem adamant about trying to prove me wrong or something like I don't know what I'm talking about. I just know what worked for me. Good luck, hopefully you find what works for you.

You DO react more strongly than many people on THIS FORUM...and your point on Gabapentin being ok FOR YOU vs the guy who posted me saying it was DISASTROUS FOR HIM is just the point: people react differently.

I've talked to multiple people if you check my "quitting dexadrine" thread, and others, some of them mods, have said that they were on much higher doses than me and much longer than me and recovered fully in under a month.

On the other hand, some people like yourself and many others DON'T, but frankly it's kind of annoying me that you seem to be saying it's impossible for people to recover much more quickly than you have, and discount the experiences of others on this forum.

People have a wide range of how they respond, and I'm already starting to feel better after one week, though I know I'm not out of the woods yet.

Also, it's not true that for everyone Adderall/Amphetamine is not sustainable, some use it for years.

EVERYONE does NOT ALWAYS fall into the same trap.

I'm not "adamant about proving you wrong", but you seem very adamant that every other poster here who has said they recover more quickly is wrong?

Why are you doing that?

Why are you saying that recovery time does not vary between people?

No, I don't react more strongly than other people. As I've said, there are plenty of others on the Quitting Adderall forum who went through the exact same thing I did.
I don't know why the link doesn't work for you.

I've never had a problem with Gabapentin, it's been very helpful for me. You can't stop cold turkey if you take it consistently just like most medicine, but it's always been great for me. It's up to you whether you try it or not. I like the feeling of Adderall much better than Concerta, but Adderall or any amphetamine is not sustainable. Every one falls into the same trap of raising their dose and the drug stops working like it used to. We all have to quit at some point. I've been off of it for one year and that is no small feat.
I'm proud of that.

You seem adamant about trying to prove me wrong or something like I don't know what I'm talking about. I just know what worked for me. Good luck, hopefully you find what works for you.

Coast2Coast: I sent this to you in a PM, and maybe you'll feel it's not cool putting it here, but I'm going to anyway because you seem to be acting like you think WD time cannot vary between people. I am in NO WAY discounting your experiences and believe you and those you are referring to experienced what you say, but I am also taking into account the experiences of others not similar to your own, which you seem not to want to take into account.

I won't know where I fall until my experience is over regarding comparison to others,
all I know is I'm starting to feel better after 1 week.

PLUS:I HOPE EVERYONE WHO'S POSTS I SHARED IS COOL WITH IT, BUT THEY WERE PUBLIC SO I THOUGHT, WHY NOT?

I am not trying to say that there are not many people who react as strongly as you do to Dex/Adderall and take as long as you to get off them, what I'm saying is that there are also many people who do NOT have the same problems as you and who take WAY WAY less time to recover than you, and you are discounting their experiences.

Please looks at these posts:

Wilson Wilson wrote:

I am scripted basically the dose you are taking. It's not outside the therapeutic dose range. The max prescribed daily dose for dex in adults is 60mg. So it's certainly on the high side but it's not insane, you are actually under the max dose. Plus you have only been on it for just under a year. I have been on either Vyvanse or dex for over five years.

Tapering will be more comfortable than going cold turkey on it, but if you don't want to taper you can just stop completely and what will happen is you will feel lethargic, tired, lazy for a week or two then you will be back to normal. Just expect to be lethargic for a few weeks. You seem to have a stronger reaction than me so tapering is probably a good idea at least a short taper like 1-2 weeks. But yeah it won't be physically severe in either case. Most of the withdrawal is psychological for stimulants, especially the comedowns."

CFC said (regarding people like you who have protracted WD): I SAID: I know I have talked to people here who say "oh, it's not bad, it doesn't last long", but I was just talking to someone who knows a lot who says it CAN be VERY bad and take months to years for the brain to recover, and on a number of sites they say that for people who really abuse it like I have for over 6 months it can very often take months or even years to feel normal again.....and I don't know who to believe.

CFC said: So what you have there is a spectrum of different experiences of quitting, because different people recover in different ways.Which gives you some ballpark comparators, but you won't know how you fit within that until after it's happened - so try not to worry about something that may never happen. (THIS IS MY POINT! NOT EVERYONE REACTS LIKE YOU AND NOT EVERYONE REACTS LIKE THEM!!!)

Dersheiber said: I have long runs of 60mg daily. When I stop it's not difficult. When busy with work, I quickly forget all about it.
You'll be alright. Compared to other problems life will throw at us from time to time, it's child play. Insignificant.
Don't worry about it. You can handle this.

Then I asked: How long do you think WD would last for you if you quit cold turkey till you felt 100% of at least 90%?

Dersheiber said: Not long. A few days maybe, if I were sitting around focused on the idea of "Am I still in WD ??"

Derdoktor 69420 said: "full blown withdrawals probably lasted about a week-ish for me."

Giga IV said: "Adderall wd is 99% psychological. I stopped 40-120 mgs of Irs a day.

Expect to sleep for a few days, then you will want to eat everything. You may feel unmotivated and or depressed.
But from my experience the rebound anxiety was the worst part, constantly worrying about everything, and nothing at the same time. There is no physical dependence. It is 99% in your head. The few physical symptoms you experience are due to malnutrition, and lack of sleep.

Gearhead19 said: The withdrawals themselves will last at most for 2 weeks too a month if you stop cold turkey. I was on 45 mg of dexedrine spaniels along with 40 mg of instant release Adderall."

Chemically Enhanced said this: I went cold turkey from an all-day-every-day (I took Xanax every second night to sleep) 3 month binge. It was like I was nodding on an opioid. I went to bed and woke up 36ish hours later feeling totally fine. That was it.

So Coast2Coast: My point isn't "trying to prove you wrong" that dexadrine/adderall WD CAN for SOME people even MANY people, take a long time, like months or even years, but that ALSO it CAN for MANY people take MUCH LESS TIME, that your experience was your experience and you can't speak for what others may go through, and really CFC said it best: Ok what you have there is a spectrum of different experiences of quitting, because different people recover in different ways. Which gives you some ballpark comparators, but you won't know how you fit within that until after it's happened - so try not to worry about something that may never happen."

Mycophile, CTC is just stating her experience. Of course everyone reacts differently. I think it's fair to say that one builds a tolerance to drugs, like she's saying. I also think it's fair to say some people may be happy on a consistent dose, and recover fast, like you're saying.

It seems like she had a rough experience. It seems like she just has your best interest in mind and warning you of Potential dangers, so try not to let it get to you.

Mycophile you make a lot of good points.

Let's try to leave it at that.

Good luck to you Mycophile :) and sorry for speaking for you CTC :p

Last edited:
Mycophile, CTC is just stating her experience. Of course everyone reacts differently. I think it's fair to say that one builds a tolerance to drugs, like she's saying. I also think it's fair to say some people may be happy on a consistent dose, and recover fast, like you're saying.

It seems like she had a rough experience. It seems like she just has your best interest in mind and warning you of Potential dangers, so try not to let it get to you.

Mycophile you make a lot of good points.

Let's try to leave it at that.

Good luck to you Mycophile :) and sorry for speaking for you CTC :p

I totally understand that and hope I haven't started a big argument...which I possibly have and don't want to, so I apologize ahead of time if I piss you off Coast2Coast.

I feel that she SEEMS to be saying that she thinks most people are NOT able to get over the experience so quickly, and discount the experiences of those who have.

I am NOT discounting your experience C2C, or those who have had an equally hard time with Dex/Add WD that you speak of, I'm saying that it seems to be, from what I've read, pretty much equally common for WD to be short or long, and that it ranges all over the place.

I am also sorry for your experiences and what you went through Coast2Coast, and glad you are doing better now.

I totally understand that and hope I haven't started a big argument...which I possibly have and don't want to, so I apologize ahead of time if I piss you off Coast2Coast.

I feel that she SEEMS to be saying that she thinks most people are NOT able to get over the experience so quickly, and discount the experiences of those who have.

I am NOT discounting your experience C2C, or those who have had an equally hard time with Dex/Add WD that you speak of, I'm saying that it seems to be, from what I've read, pretty much equally common for WD to be short or long, and that it ranges all over the place.

I am also sorry for your experiences and what you went through Coast2Coast, and glad you are doing better now.

Haha No worries and I see your point, neither one of us is wrong. There are 2 parts of withdrawal: acute withdrawal is shorter and PAWS is the second part which could be longer, up to a year or two. It's true that not every one experiences PAWS. I'm hoping you will not, but it is definitely good to be aware of it just in case you're not back to normal in a few months. The emotional toll of PAWS is what causes relapse a lot of times, but I was determined to quit.

Tapering would probably make quitting easier for some, but I had to be real with myself. Taking Adderall would lead me right back to abuse so tapering was not an option for me. I went cold turkey after my last pill and canceled the rest of the scripts. If you think you can handle a taper without being tempted to abuse it, go for it. I just urge you to be honest with yourself though.

Anyway, we're good. ? I'm sorry if I was a bit sensitive.
And thank you @madness00 for speaking for me haha What you said was accurate.

Ok peeps, now I gotta head out to Wild Bill's Tobacco for some liquid kratom and caps. Be back a little later. :)

That trip was quick and painless. The liquid kratom tastes so gross, I wanted to puke. Anyone familiar with CBD gummies? Are they worth it? I noticed them in the store, but walked right by it to the kratom because I'm not sure if it works.

Haha No worries and I see your point, neither one of us is wrong. There are 2 parts of withdrawal: acute withdrawal is shorter and PAWS is the second part which could be longer, up to a year or two. It's true that not every one experiences PAWS. I'm hoping you will not, but it is definitely good to be aware of it just in case you're not back to normal in a few months. The emotional toll of PAWS is what causes relapse a lot of times, but I was determined to quit.

Tapering would probably make quitting easier for some, but I had to be real with myself. Taking Adderall would lead me right back to abuse so tapering was not an option for me. I went cold turkey after my last pill and canceled the rest of the scripts. If you think you can handle a taper without being tempted to abuse it, go for it. I just urge you to be honest with yourself though.

Anyway, we're good. ? I'm sorry if I was a bit sensitive.
And thank you @madness00 for speaking for me haha What you said was accurate.

Ok peeps, now I gotta head out to Wild Bill's Tobacco for some liquid kratom and caps. Be back a little later. :)

Thanks. I'm glad this didn't become an argument cause I totally acknowledge your views and experience of others...wish that link for that quitting Adderall site would work for me but my comp. is wonky these days and blocking all sorts of sites.

I mean yeah, there's always a HUGE range in how people react to substances, and I'd think even more w/ the WD from amps because while there IS very real WD, it's not the same kind as w/ opioids and gabergics and much of it is PAWS and psychological, but that being said...the brain and body are not really as separate IMO as many would like to think.

Psychological problems can become real physical problems and physical problems can manifest in psychological ways

How can you personally tell the difference between PAWS and ACUTE WD?

Last edited:
That trip was quick and painless. The liquid kratom tastes so gross, I wanted to puke. Anyone familiar with CBD gummies? Are they worth it? I noticed them in the store, but walked right by it to the kratom because I'm not sure if it works.

What kind of liquid Kratom did you use? (I know we can't mention brands..)

Did you make it yourself or buy at a store?

As for CBD Gummies, and CBD in general, while I can't mention brands, my deal is: I've vaped 2 seperate types of PURE CBD and they did NOTHING, I've used what one poster on here said were VERY high quality CBD pills (but pure, no addictives) and only once or twice did I THINK I felt something.

However, there's a common brand that makes gummies, drinks, lollipops, vapes, etc, and adds a number of ingredigents including: GABA, L-Theanine, White Willow Bark, Passionflower, Damiana I think and some other stuff, and their products, especially their drinks, have a nice but subtle effect on me.

Yet, the fact that I've tried what someone in the know says are higher quality CBD pills and did NOT get good effect from them leads me to believe that the CBD products that have worked for me do so because of all the other additives and NOT the CBD.

I mean, I can't be sure...but it's what makes them different from the others.

I find CBD to be SUPER overrated so far, but I have heard that it works best mixed w/ THC and because I mostly stopped smoking weed like a year ago I have never combined THC w/ CBD so I wouldn't know.

A little off topic: but you and I both like Kratom and Dexadrine/Adderall: 1) have you ever combined the 2 and if so, did you like it?

2) if you did like it, do you find taking Kratom to be at all triggering in terms of maybe making you want to take Adderall/Dexadrine?

Cause unfortunately I do.

I really like the combo, and I like stimulating Kratom more than sedating Kratom, and once I realized I could make Kratom more stimulating by adding an Amp, and make the Amp more relaxing with the Kratom, almost every time I took Kratom I'd take Dex.

Then I stopped taking Kratom and only used it 6 days like a month ago (went almost 6 months without it before that), but was still using Dex, and one of the days I fucked up and took Dex was cause I took Kratom and it made me tired and I knew it would go perfectly with the kratom (which it did...) and I fucked up.

Now I'm even more wary of using Kratom, at least till I am almost completely over any Dex WD or PAWS, and even so, I personally have had issues with Kratom by itself if I use it more than 2 days a week so I gotta be careful with that as well.

Thanks. I'm glad this didn't become an argument cause I totally acknowledge your views and experience of others...wish that link for that quitting Adderall site would work for me but my comp. is wonky these days and blocking all sorts of sites.

I mean yeah, there's always a HUGE range in how people react to substances, and I'd think even more w/ the WD from amps because while there IS very real WD, it's not the same kind as w/ opioids and gabergics and much of it is PAWS and psychological, but that being said...the brain and body are not really as separate IMO as many would like to think.

Psychological problems can become real physical problems and physical problems can manifest in psychological ways

How can you personally tell the difference between PAWS and ACUTE WD?

Thank you and I didn't want to fight with you. You're a long time member as well and I relate to you in many ways.
The psychological aspect of PAWS can be debilitating. I'm bipolar, but coming off of that shit made me feel bipolar squared. Adderall made me numb from a lot of my emotions, it was like an armor for me. I kinda liked it for that reason, things didn't bother me that much while I was on it. When the drug was completely out of my system, all these emotions came flooding back in. I was happy to laugh again. I remember not being able to genuinely laugh on Adderall. I was glad some happy emotions were coming back, but some really dark ones came back too. I didn't have the Adderall to shield me from reality anymore. The depression, anxiety, complete lack of motivation, mood swings and anhedonia was overwhelming. I realized it was PAWS when it was 3-4 months in and I still felt like shit. What's tricky about PAWS is it comes and goes in waves. You can wake up one day feeling awesome, you might eventually have a couple of good days, then the darkness comes right back like "What the fuck?!" That's why it's good to be aware of PAWS or you'll think you're losing it. You have to be patient with yourself throughout the process.

Here's a great article about PAWS, let me know if you can see it:

^well, let's just say that there are better deals elsewhere, more CBD medicine for less.

Ah ok, I'm assuming you mean the intranets? hehe Wild Bill's prices are ridiculous! I only went to the store because it was an emergency. I'm about to move to a different location, plus it's a holiday in the US today so mail isn't running. Ordering is out of the question right now, but I usually prefer it.

What kind of liquid Kratom did you use? (I know we can't mention brands..)

Did you make it yourself or buy at a store?

As for CBD Gummies, and CBD in general, while I can't mention brands, my deal is: I've vaped 2 seperate types of PURE CBD and they did NOTHING, I've used what one poster on here said were VERY high quality CBD pills (but pure, no addictives) and only once or twice did I THINK I felt something.

However, there's a common brand that makes gummies, drinks, lollipops, vapes, etc, and adds a number of ingredigents including: GABA, L-Theanine, White Willow Bark, Passionflower, Damiana I think and some other stuff, and their products, especially their drinks, have a nice but subtle effect on me.

Yet, the fact that I've tried what someone in the know says are higher quality CBD pills and did NOT get good effect from them leads me to believe that the CBD products that have worked for me do so because of all the other additives and NOT the CBD.

I mean, I can't be sure...but it's what makes them different from the others.

I find CBD to be SUPER overrated so far, but I have heard that it works best mixed w/ THC and because I mostly stopped smoking weed like a year ago I have never combined THC w/ CBD so I wouldn't know.

A little off topic: but you and I both like Kratom and Dexadrine/Adderall: 1) have you ever combined the 2 and if so, did you like it?

2) if you did like it, do you find taking Kratom to be at all triggering in terms of maybe making you want to take Adderall/Dexadrine?

Cause unfortunately I do.

I really like the combo, and I like stimulating Kratom more than sedating Kratom, and once I realized I could make Kratom more stimulating by adding an Amp, and make the Amp more relaxing with the Kratom, almost every time I took Kratom I'd take Dex.

Then I stopped taking Kratom and only used it 6 days like a month ago (went almost 6 months without it before that), but was still using Dex, and one of the days I fucked up and took Dex was cause I took Kratom and it made me tired and I knew it would go perfectly with the kratom (which it did...) and I fucked up.

Now I'm even more wary of using Kratom, at least till I am almost completely over any Dex WD or PAWS, and even so, I personally have had issues with Kratom by itself if I use it more than 2 days a week so I gotta be careful with that as well.

I got the liquid kratom from a store yesterday. I think I chose a crappy brand. I've had much better from a place online. So that was a waste of $20...actually $40 because I got 2 bottles. Haha

It seems like CBD doesn't work well for some people. I've tried pure CBD oil from a quality place online and I did feel kinda relaxed, but it was nothing to write home about. Maybe when you're used to certain substances CBD is like "Meh." in comparison. Weed probably does make it better, but I never smoke because it usually makes me paranoid. So yeah, I might just stop trying to bother with CBD.

Kratom is great to take the edge off of Adderall. I would take Adderall earlier in the day and kratom much later to help with any anxiety or a crash.

I can see how the kratom made you want to take Dex and the Dex made you want to take kratom. What's interesting about amphetamines is I've noticed it makes people more likely to indulge in certain substances. Some people find that they smoke like a chimney while taking the pills, others drink alcohol to take the edge off. Basically, the medicine seems to trigger unhealthy habits. When there wasn't kratom available, I would drink wine later in the day to get rid of the anxiety. It increased my drinking quite a bit. At one point I even tried someone's Suboxone a few times to relax! Just remembered that. Adderall definitely influenced that decision.

I was able to take kratom as some form of help during PAWS. It helped a little, but it still wasn't enough on its own anyway. If you think kratom would make you want to take Dex, then it's probably best to avoid it.

Why did you say you don't have access to Gabapentin or Concerta? You see a psychiatrist, right? Can you get an appointment? Or even try a different one if you can.

Oh, I meant to tell you I was looking at the Quitting Adderall forum the other day and Wellbutrin seems to be the favorite antidepressant there for coming off amphetamines. They said Wellbutrin helps because it has a stimulant effect. I think you mentioned wanting to try it.

Last edited:
IIRC, Wellbutrin is great to help quit meth, amphetamines, cocaine, and to stop smoking.

I have been on it before, and it definitely is a stimulant/antidepressant. It's a noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

I got the liquid kratom from a store yesterday. I think I chose a crappy brand. I've had much better from a place online. So that was a waste of $20...actually $40 because I got 2 bottles. Haha

It seems like CBD doesn't work well for some people. I've tried pure CBD oil from a quality place online and I did feel kinda relaxed, but it was nothing to write home about. Maybe when you're used to certain substances CBD is like "Meh." in comparison. Weed probably does make it better, but I never smoke because it usually makes me paranoid. So yeah, I might just stop trying to bother with CBD.

Kratom is great to take the edge off of Adderall. I would take Adderall earlier in the day and kratom much later to help with any anxiety or a crash.

I can see how the kratom made you want to take Dex and the Dex made you want to take kratom. What's interesting about amphetamines is I've noticed it makes people more likely to indulge in certain substances. Some people find that they smoke like a chimney while taking the pills, others drink alcohol to take the edge off. Basically, the medicine seems to trigger unhealthy habits. When there wasn't kratom available, I would drink wine later in the day to get rid of the anxiety. It increased my drinking quite a bit. At one point I even tried someone's Suboxone a few times to relax! Just remembered that. Adderall definitely influenced that decision.

I was able to take kratom as some form of help during PAWS. It helped a little, but it still wasn't enough on its own anyway. If you think kratom would make you want to take Dex, then it's probably best to avoid it.

Why did you say you don't have access to Gabapentin or Concerta? You see a psychiatrist, right? Can you get an appointment? Or even try a different one if you can.

Oh, I meant to tell you I was looking at the Quitting Adderall forum the other day and Wellbutrin seems to be the favorite antidepressant there for coming off amphetamines. They said Wellbutrin helps because it has a stimulant effect. I think you mentioned wanting to try it.

Yeah, I agree on Dex/Adderall amps making people want to use other substances a lot of the time. Not only does it make me want to use Kratom but yeah, the more Dex/Adderall I take the more I drink, (especially Italian red wine which is my favorite)..not while ON the amps, but for the crash/comedown cause it feels like shit and I either get tired and crabby or twitch and paranoid or a combo of both, and of course alcohol COMPLETELY eliminates that, but then I'd get drunk and be hungover and use Dex for the hangover cause I get REALLY tired when I get hangovers and amps help with it....in fact.....my number one hangover cure is a combination of Kratom, Dexadrine and coffee...all in whatever doses work best, plus obviously enough hydration and food...and my hangover is GONE.

Really, Kratom is MUCH better for hangovers IMO cause since I'm on Klonopin (yeah, I know you shouldn't drink on it....I've never felt "unsafe" in terms of CNS depression, but the rebound anxiety is BAD.....), but yeah, since I'm on Klonopin I get rebound anxiety when combining it with too much booze when I'm hungover the following day AND I get tired and if I don't take Kratom and only take an Amp the Amp plus the rebound anxiety is BAD BAD anxiety....whereas Kratom DESTROYS the rebound anxiety AND helps with fatigue and headache.....and then that will enable me if I want to also take some Dex for extra energy.

I totally need to drink less so that will be another good thing about quitting Dex/Adderall/amps.

I don't think Kratom will ALWAYS trigger me to use them, I can't be sure, but it did a couple weeks ago cause I was in ACUTE WD from the Dex (not PAWS) so I was REALLY tired and depressed and thought the Kratom would lift my mood (which it did)...but you know Kratom is hit or miss as to whether you'll get an upper or downer effect based on strain and so many other factors......so I think since I was already so tired from the Dexadrine WD the Kratom made me MORE tired and then I totally wanted the Dex cause otherwise I couldn't enjoy the Kratom.

But either way, I kind of can't really use a lot of Kratom frequently, only very sporadically, as I love it too much and escalate usage and get WD. I can get away with it like every few months for a little while like 2 days a week...and that's about it.

I like Kratom MUCH more than I like Amps....Kratom is really my favorite drug probably with Shrooms being the only one I like as much or maybe A LITTLE bit better.

As for Gabapentin and Concerta and Wellbutrin, well I MIGHT end up being able to get them but I totally have to switch psychiatrists like this month for many reasons and I don't know what the new doc will be willing to prescribe.

My current psych is cool in some ways in that he seems willing to prescribe most stuff...which is what we like, and I bet he'd prescribe those things....BUT....he's just a pill pusher and I actually need more than that now and REALLY need a psychiatrist who is willing to frequently sit down with me and talk and help me figure out what meds will work best and how to possibly taper my Klonopin lower and deal with a bunch of different stuff etc......and my current psych responds to NOTHING but refill requests.

I mean, I have probably called and texted him like 5 times asking to meet with him and talk and he never responds, only to requests for meds.

It's funny, cause it's like, most psychs are the opposite and WON'T prescribe as many scheduled substances as this dude, and he's pretty cool (seriously, only doctor I've ever met who looks to have ink on most of his body but his face, including his neck, and he's 65 years old!!) but most psychs totally WILL REQUIRE you to meet with them even more than you want to....and both of those have been gripes of mine in the past.

Now I finally find a dude who is willing to prescribe all sorts of stuff, but yet he refuses to actually help me figure out how to taper off meds, deal with side effects or discuss important shit.

It's pretty hard to find a psych. who is both willing to prescribe a lot of meds (particularly scheduled/controlled substancesI mean) and ALSO be of real help and talk to you about important stuff.

So I'm gonna have to see who I can find soon, but Gabepentin has been a med I've wanted to try for a while, and I have some curiosity about Wellbutrin. Concerta on the other hand I've taken since my brother has a script, and i don't like it very much. Makes me jittery and awake but not in a good way. But if I REALLY NEEDED IT for WD from amps or something else then I guess maybe I'd ask for it.

Last edited:
IIRC, Wellbutrin is great to help quit meth, amphetamines, cocaine, and to stop smoking.

I have been on it before, and it definitely is a stimulant/antidepressant. It's a noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

So would you say in general that Wellbutrin helps with a lot of addictive tendencies and make people crave drugs and alcohol less?

What about over eating?

I've been eating too much lately and wouldn't mind something to curb that haha (but not in the unhealthy way amps do by just making you less hungry when you really need to eat...)

Maybe it could be useful.

Do you think it helps with anxiety and depression enough that I wouldn't also need to be on some other antidepressant like an SSRI though?

Also, can you safely drink on it and would something bad happen if I ever took stuff like Dex/Adderall on it or Kratom or Phenibut on it??

I have to be very wary about my meds cause I do use certain drugs obviously...

Yeah, not exactly sure why it helps with smoking, but it does, apparently.

It does suppress appetite as well, IME.

It could potentiate anxiety, I have heard, but for me it didn't. I don't experience much anxiety as it is.

It lowers the seizure threshold so drinking on it, not only causes a horrid hangover IME, could make you seize.

The risk of adding amphetamines to the bunch is heart problems, IIRC.

I'm glad you're going to see a new psych instead of your seemingly "pill pushing" current doctor. They'd know a lot more about this stuff than anyone.

Yeah, not exactly sure why it helps with smoking, but it does, apparently.

It does suppress appetite as well, IME.

It could potentiate anxiety, I have heard, but for me it didn't. I don't experience much anxiety as it is.

It lowers the seizure threshold so drinking on it, not only causes a horrid hangover IME, could make you seize.

The risk of adding amphetamines to the bunch is heart problems, IIRC.

I'm glad you're going to see a new psych instead of your seemingly "pill pushing" current doctor. They'd know a lot more about this stuff than anyone.

Hmmm, well I'd DEFINITELY not risk heart problems so I wouldn't take amps on them, though I drink a lot of coffee but maybe that's not as much an issue...

I don't want my seizure threshold lowered either, and I mean, I'm certainly going to have times i will drink VERY heavily, (I don't always drink heavy when I drink...well, depending your definition....) so that is sounding more and more like Wellbutrin might not be for me.

Then again, it's hard to say because I mean, doctors will pretty much tell you it's dangerous to drink on ALMOST ANY psych med, and I have found it not to be true FOR ME: they say not to drink on SSRIS, yet I started on Prozac at 14 and switched to Lexapro at 33 I think, and I never drank till I was 18 so i have literally NEVER had a drink in my life where I was NOT on an SSRI and never had issues.

Then they say not to drink on Klonopin, and yet other than rebound anxiety I only ever had one really bad blackout experience (it was cause I'd been off my Klonopin for 9 months, then when prescribed again I thought I could go right back to my old dosage, without realizing my tolerance had dropped, then went drinking very heavily....BAD IDEA).....but generally speaking, I have gotten drunk probably hundreds of times on Klonopin with really only one incident (that does NOT make it safe though....).

But seizures may be a different matter and I'm not messing around with that...

It's tough cause I mean, here on this forum with drug users we kind of know the difference between what doctors reccomend not to mix, but what in reality a whole lot of people can probably do safely....and then what drugs you REALLY REALLY CANNOT mix or you are in for SERIOUS danger.

I wish that doctors would be honest about the level of danger in mixing certain meds/drugs, because what I think inevitably happens for addicts who also have mental health problems is, like I did with SSRIs and Klonopin mixed with booze, we'll find out that, at least in OUR cases, the warnings not to combine things often end up to be a complete non-issue, then we might assume that even more warnings are not serious when in fact they are.

I'm not likely to do that as I'm gonna check here and the whole internet, but I think doctors think that if they put a warning not to do something on it because it MIGHT have a bad effect then it will scare everyone away...yet if it DOESN"T and the user finds the risk to be overestimated....that could really lead someone more reckless to ignore even more serious warnings in the future.

I really think doctors need to be honest about the level of danger, but they kind of can't cause if they say something might be safe and someone dies or gets messed up they can lose their license or go to prison.

So yeah.....thanks....it is sounds like Wellbutrin may not be a good option for me.

What about with Kratom?

Is it dangerous to mix with Kratom? (I still think I won't try it regardless...)

"Do you have a significant other? I wish i did. It would motivate me to get clean, also."
I disagree on the part of someone else motivating you to get clean. When you lose her, you'll propably start doing dope again. Do it for yourself. You are the most important person to yourself. That is what i think.

Not sure who you are talking to bud.

Do you have a significant other? I wish i did. It would motivate me to get clean, also.
I disagree on the part of someone else motivating you to get clean. When you break up, wich will eventually happen, you will propably start doping again. Do it for yourself, that's the spirit!

Madness00: Thanks for the Wellbutrin warning, and no need to answer if mixing it with Kratom is safe.

I'd say there's about a 99.999999% chance I'll never touch it now.

I like to drink too much, and I'm not risking seizures, and even though the risk of heart problems would totally ensure I'd NEVER touch an amp on it, still, I don't even want to be on anything that could do that.

No way. No Wellbutrin for me.

Yeah, I agree on Dex/Adderall amps making people want to use other substances a lot of the time. Not only does it make me want to use Kratom but yeah, the more Dex/Adderall I take the more I drink, (especially Italian red wine which is my favorite)..not while ON the amps, but for the crash/comedown cause it feels like shit and I either get tired and crabby or twitch and paranoid or a combo of both, and of course alcohol COMPLETELY eliminates that, but then I'd get drunk and be hungover and use Dex for the hangover cause I get REALLY tired when I get hangovers and amps help with it....in fact.....my number one hangover cure is a combination of Kratom, Dexadrine and coffee...all in whatever doses work best, plus obviously enough hydration and food...and my hangover is GONE.

Really, Kratom is MUCH better for hangovers IMO cause since I'm on Klonopin (yeah, I know you shouldn't drink on it....I've never felt "unsafe" in terms of CNS depression, but the rebound anxiety is BAD.....), but yeah, since I'm on Klonopin I get rebound anxiety when combining it with too much booze when I'm hungover the following day AND I get tired and if I don't take Kratom and only take an Amp the Amp plus the rebound anxiety is BAD BAD anxiety....whereas Kratom DESTROYS the rebound anxiety AND helps with fatigue and headache.....and then that will enable me if I want to also take some Dex for extra energy.

I totally need to drink less so that will be another good thing about quitting Dex/Adderall/amps.

I don't think Kratom will ALWAYS trigger me to use them, I can't be sure, but it did a couple weeks ago cause I was in ACUTE WD from the Dex (not PAWS) so I was REALLY tired and depressed and thought the Kratom would lift my mood (which it did)...but you know Kratom is hit or miss as to whether you'll get an upper or downer effect based on strain and so many other factors......so I think since I was already so tired from the Dexadrine WD the Kratom made me MORE tired and then I totally wanted the Dex cause otherwise I couldn't enjoy the Kratom.

But either way, I kind of can't really use a lot of Kratom frequently, only very sporadically, as I love it too much and escalate usage and get WD. I can get away with it like every few months for a little while like 2 days a week...and that's about it.

I like Kratom MUCH more than I like Amps....Kratom is really my favorite drug probably with Shrooms being the only one I like as much or maybe A LITTLE bit better.

As for Gabapentin and Concerta and Wellbutrin, well I MIGHT end up being able to get them but I totally have to switch psychiatrists like this month for many reasons and I don't know what the new doc will be willing to prescribe.

My current psych is cool in some ways in that he seems willing to prescribe most stuff...which is what we like, and I bet he'd prescribe those things....BUT....he's just a pill pusher and I actually need more than that now and REALLY need a psychiatrist who is willing to frequently sit down with me and talk and help me figure out what meds will work best and how to possibly taper my Klonopin lower and deal with a bunch of different stuff etc......and my current psych responds to NOTHING but refill requests.

I mean, I have probably called and texted him like 5 times asking to meet with him and talk and he never responds, only to requests for meds.

It's funny, cause it's like, most psychs are the opposite and WON'T prescribe as many scheduled substances as this dude, and he's pretty cool (seriously, only doctor I've ever met who looks to have ink on most of his body but his face, including his neck, and he's 65 years old!!) but most psychs totally WILL REQUIRE you to meet with them even more than you want to....and both of those have been gripes of mine in the past.

Now I finally find a dude who is willing to prescribe all sorts of stuff, but yet he refuses to actually help me figure out how to taper off meds, deal with side effects or discuss important shit.

It's pretty hard to find a psych. who is both willing to prescribe a lot of meds (particularly scheduled/controlled substancesI mean) and ALSO be of real help and talk to you about important stuff.

So I'm gonna have to see who I can find soon, but Gabepentin has been a med I've wanted to try for a while, and I have some curiosity about Wellbutrin. Concerta on the other hand I've taken since my brother has a script, and i don't like it very much. Makes me jittery and awake but not in a good way. But if I REALLY NEEDED IT for WD from amps or something else then I guess maybe I'd ask for it.

At first a psychiatrist like yours would feel like hitting the lottery, but if he doesn't actually take the time out to see about you, he's no good.

Yes, definitely find a new psychiatrist ASAP.
You have klonopin so that should at least help you in case your anxiety escalates while quitting Dex. My anxiety was through the roof.

If you're serious about quitting Dex, you should cancel your scripts if you do happen to see your current doctor again. Also, you can't have any stashed in your house if you know you're going to take kratom. Kratom triggers your Dex use.

I don't think you're serious about quitting because if you were, why would you want @madness00 to tell you if taking Dex/Adderall would interact with Wellbutrin? The Wellbutrin and the other suggestions made here were to keep you off of amphetamines, not to mix with it.

It's up to you if you ultimately want to quit or not, but it doesn't seem like you do just yet.

I agree about the jitters and awake in a bad way feeling that can happen on Concerta. Yesterday was a good reminder of why I always need to have something to take the edge off of it. It works really well if I have either Gabapentin, phenibut or kratom to take the edge off, but I had none of those yesterday. I was super irritated after taking Concerta in the morning and when I was short with you, I knew I had to get something for the anxiety/irritability. So I went to get the kratom capsules and the difference is night and day!

Concerta is a great energy boost on top of my antidepressant and helps with ADHD.
You were talking about drinking and antidepressants. Drinking is horrible on Effexor XR. I can't even get a buzz on it when I drink and it makes me feel like crap. It's not even worth it. Good thing is I don't care about drinking anymore. Since you don't want to try Wellbutrin, see what your next psychiatrist suggests. He or she would know best. Keep us updated if you go to a new one, I'd like to know what you're prescribed. Might be something I want to try someday.