Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

@Mycophile - Yes, if doctors were more accurately assessing risk, most people would benefit. They're taking into account huge, huge liabilities on those few that it wouldn't benefit, so it's understandable, but still frustrating.

And I hope you find the right combo.. but Mark my words - LESS IS MORE!

@DeadManWalkin' - Lol, I don't remember when I wrote that, but I just recently had an SO while both were using and it went horrible. I always do things for me, to a fault, so no worries there.

Life’s a beach. Wish I were at the beach house this long week. Instead I feel stuck.
Can’t gym for two weeks because of an injury I got to my foot while running last Saturday. And I sat out from work because I could hardly walk one day out. Gym would be the healthy thing
I entered a juried art show and I find out shortly—a long shortly—but to overcome the boredom I’m spending . Clothes, art supplies, stocks, clothes books about stocks , books about the exam I keep telling you I’m not prepping for
I’m going to have my art printed to sell and I have to talk to the company about a live print but I doubt they are there on the holiday—that’s exciting ;)

Something I like to think about to keep the doldrums and the spending in perspective. Then everything pales in perspective :

What are the major things that one should try to attain/ aim for in life? — what do you all think

@DeadManWalkin' - Lol, I don't remember when I wrote that, but I just recently had an SO while both were using and it went horrible. I always do things for me, to a fault, so no worries there.
You wrote that on 2018. I think you can't do -EVERYTHING- for yourself, but you can always take more than give. If it's improving itself, i would never do it as a "favour" to someone. I would and i have done this before, just pretend that i am sober and be doped up all the time, just for the fun of scam. The naive girls don't really see the effect of drugs on me, it's insane.

Self love -> loving others -> loving life.

What are the major things that one should try to attain/ aim for in life? — what do you all think

Actually I had a doctor once who drew a “pie” with relative sizes of pieces of what you need to be your best self.
There was probably family, SO, work....spiritual maybe—it was all there I can’t remember.

and she was brilliant and this wasn’t necessarily so but what she drew up was so cool, wish I knew where I put it.
If anyone has anything similar would love to see it

I am aiming for title of master of philosophy. I am aiming for more women, that i can regularly meet. Also i am looking forward to read more germany, i know now very little of it. Also, i am looking forward of my opioid detox ending. I am also kinda looking forward about how i am going to feel when i don't have anymore benzos, that i have for my home rehab.

@Mycophile - Yes, if doctors were more accurately assessing risk, most people would benefit. They're taking into account huge, huge liabilities on those few that it wouldn't benefit, so it's understandable, but still frustrating.

I’m trying to understand what you are driving at here, since I have an interest in medicine. Can you say it again

I think you are saying something like: “the benefit to the few outweighs the many”?

@DeadManWalkin' - i like who I am as a person, but it doesn't necessarily invite in my ideal woman. All I'm saying is id be willing to become more prosocial if it was for an angel who deserved it.

At first a psychiatrist like yours would feel like hitting the lottery, but if he doesn't actually take the time out to see about you, he's no good.

Yes, definitely find a new psychiatrist ASAP.
You have klonopin so that should at least help you in case your anxiety escalates while quitting Dex. My anxiety was through the roof.

If you're serious about quitting Dex, you should cancel your scripts if you do happen to see your current doctor again. Also, you can't have any stashed in your house if you know you're going to take kratom. Kratom triggers your Dex use.

I don't think you're serious about quitting because if you were, why would you want @madness00 to tell you if taking Dex/Adderall would interact with Wellbutrin? The Wellbutrin and the other suggestions made here were to keep you off of amphetamines, not to mix with it.

It's up to you if you ultimately want to quit or not, but it doesn't seem like you do just yet.

I agree about the jitters and awake in a bad way feeling that can happen on Concerta. Yesterday was a good reminder of why I always need to have something to take the edge off of it. It works really well if I have either Gabapentin, phenibut or kratom to take the edge off, but I had none of those yesterday. I was super irritated after taking Concerta in the morning and when I was short with you, I knew I had to get something for the anxiety/irritability. So I went to get the kratom capsules and the difference is night and day!

Concerta is a great energy boost on top of my antidepressant and helps with ADHD.
You were talking about drinking and antidepressants. Drinking is horrible on Effexor XR. I can't even get a buzz on it when I drink and it makes me feel like crap. It's not even worth it. Good thing is I don't care about drinking anymore. Since you don't want to try Wellbutrin, see what your next psychiatrist suggests. He or she would know best. Keep us updated if you go to a new one, I'd like to know what you're prescribed. Might be something I want to try someday.

Yeah, at 1st it was great having a psych like him, now not so much.

Well, you are kind of right in a way (not that I don't ultimately want to quit...I mean IN A PERFECT WORLD I'd just like to take them like 1-2 days a month for a little fun and that would be it, but moderation is hard. It's not really the risk of mixing Dex w/ Wellbutrin that concerned me nearly as much though as much as the risk of drinking on Wellbutrin.

I believe I can give up Dex eventually but not drinking right now. I'm too prone to drink for either anxiety relief OR just fun for it to be safe for me to be on something that can cause seizures when combined with it.

I mean, the deal is, obviously I like how dex makes me feel but not the side effects and know they aren't worth it, but the temporary relief from both my depression and fatigue and escape from reality makes it hard to imagine NEVER HAVING ACCESS AGAIN.

The thing is, I don't know where to buy it on the street and I don't use the deep web or know how or think I'd order illegal substances online, so Dex is literally the only drug I really like where if I don't have a script it means I have ZERO access to it, and while ultimately that would be a GOOD thing, I'm just this sort of person who has trouble imagining not having ANY access to certain things or drugs I like.

I want ACCESS....but NOT to be using it more than like once or twice a month max. That's why yes, I am cancelling my script, but with the bottle I have, if it lasts, I may end up giving most of it to my friend to hang onto and just keeping a few spare pills for emergency situations like having to work on very little sleep. And I mean, you know as much as me they have some very good uses, like helping with work...so there's that, but no, it's not worth it.

I gave my friend my Kratom 6 months ago and haven't used it other than like a couple times since (when I discovered the head shop near me that sells it, but then after using it a couple times I threw it out) because I didn't usually have ready access to it, and honestly, I think its easier for me not to use something not only when I don't have it in MY house, but also when I know I CAN access it IF I REALLY NEED TO.

When I gave up both weed and Kratom the one main thing that would get me through the days I wanted to use them was the thought and reminder I gave myself "HEY LISTEN, IT'S OUT THERE, YOU CAN GET IT IF YOU WANT, AND MAYBE someday you can use it again...but just NOT TODAY OK? I mean, you can handle ONE DAY without it right?" Then one day becomes months or years without it.

That was the mantra I told myself anytime I craved Kratom for nearly a year of abstinence from it, and for weed when I took a 988 day break from it.

But if I think that if I give up my script I will NEVER EVER be able to use it again....not gonna lie, it's tough...yet I know I have to, hence the idea of giving my one and only bottle to my friend for safe keeping.

Also, I kind of have some weird OCD symptoms where I get overly anxious about being too tired to do important things if I don't get enough sleep, and I frequently don't sleep well, so knowing I have Dex has helped me put my mind at ease many nights before early work meetings or long days at work, knowing I could rest easy cause even if I didn't sleep a wink the dex would get me through the day.

I know that might sound weird, but yeah....that's why I need better anxiety meds hahaha.

Someone else might say "just drink coffee" and I'd say 1) coffee only goes so far if you have SERIOUS sleep debt 2) I already drink WAY too much and need to quit that as it worsens anxiety.

I guess I've got some issues hahahhaa......but you're mostly right, and ultimately, only my actions will prove how serious I am.

We'll just have to see.

Last edited:
^ You'll quit when you're ready. I get it, it's really scary thinking about not ever having it again. Every month, I would freak out when I got down to my last pill as if my world would end once it was gone. It makes you think you can't live without it. It's a lie. You can live without it and you are so much stronger than you think! I respect your honesty though.
The great thing is that you're thinking about quitting. One day, you'll get fed up enough and do it. Just know that you can.
Just like you, I would think "If only I could control my dose!" It seems like it should be so easy, right? I learned that there is no such thing as control or moderation for me when it comes to amphetamines.

I'm not judging you at all. We quit in our own time. I have certain substances that help me and I'd never breathe a word of it to my psychiatrist, kratom as you know and phenibut. It's just nice to have around for a mood boost.

^ You'll quit when you're ready. I get it, it's really scary thinking about not ever having it again. Every month, I would freak out when I got down to my last pill as if my world would end once it was gone. It makes you think you can't live without it. It's a lie. You can live without it and you are so much stronger than you think! I respect your honesty though.
The great thing is that you're thinking about quitting. One day, you'll get fed up enough and do it. Just know that you can.
Just like you, I would think "If only I could control my dose!" It seems like it should be so easy, right? I learned that is no such thing as control or moderation for me when it comes to amphetamines.

I'm not judging you at all. We quit in our own time. I have certain substances that help me and I'd never breathe a word of it to my psychiatrist, kratom as you know and phenibut. It's just nice to have around for a mood boost.

Yeah, I'm your classic poly substance abuser: I was using Kratom 3 days a week for a year (more than that I'd get WD), then both that and Dex, then I realized the Kratom was becoming a problem so I stopped, and then immediately once I stopped I started using twice as much dex to replace it lol.

At least as far as the fact that I rest easier knowing I have a stimulant stronger than coffee to help me get my work done if I don't get enough sleep, I'm now considering that Concerta might have a place there for that being a happy medium as stronger than coffee but less problematic than dex/adderall.

The only thing is the jitteriness it gave me the few times I took it.

I really don't want that as it's one of my least favorite things about Dex, so I don't really know how I'd combat that if I did start using Concerta or how often it would give me the jitters, and I certainly would not want to take it every day or even every other day unless I absolutely had to.

My brother who has a script for it has ADHD and he lives in Japan and has worse ADHD than me and unlike me he actually has self control with dex/adderall (not with booze though, he's an alcoholic just like me lol....he quit drinking like a year ago).....and I believe if he had a script he'd use it responsibly, but it sucks for him that he can't get it cause he lives in Japan and over there they are SUPER drug nazis worse than the U.S. and the only stimulant psychiatrists will ever prescribe is time-release Concerta, so that's what he takes even though he really wants an Adderall or Vyvanse script.

He's always talking about how much he hates Concerta, but that he feels better taking it than nothing at all.

But I didn't use it enough times to really know how I'd respond.

I think I took it like 5 times or something and one of those times I felt really good on it and the other few I got jitters.

Actually, what might have something to do with it is that the Concerta he gets are time release and he hates the time release and likes it to hit harder so he opens his capsules and like removes the thing in it that makes it time release to make it instant release cause he likes that better.

So last time he was home with me and had his Concerta and i wanted to try it a couple times, and most of the times I tried it where when he'd removed the time release like he likes, and that's when I DIDN'T like how it felt.

Then I think it was only 2 times he DIDN'T remove the time release and I took them as prescribed with the slower release in tact, and one of them I really liked it, and I think maybe the other I didnt.....so maybe 50/50 on taking them with it, so maybe I would in fact like time release Concerta.

Is the Concerta you take time release or instant release?

How long does it last and do you prefer time release or instant release?

Are they both available in the U.S.?

Also, have you ever tried Adrafinil or Modafinil and if so, do you like them?

I've never tried Modafinil but I tried Adrafinil only like twice and totally didn't like it.

I felt like not only was there no euphoria, but it made me jittery and stimulated in a bad way and I also felt like coffee produced more energy, and I just threw it out.

Maybe I'll try it again someday though as an experiment.

Yeah, I'm your classic poly substance abuser: I was using Kratom 3 days a week for a year (more than that I'd get WD), then both that and Dex, then I realized the Kratom was becoming a problem so I stopped, and then immediately once I stopped I started using twice as much dex to replace it lol.
As you know with me kratom is and probably always will be a problem. Hell my dumbass took up drinking just to compensate cutting my kratom dose in half. lol
As far as how am I feeling...does nothing at all count as a feeling?

Last edited:
As you know with me kratom is and probably always will be a problem. Hell my dumbass took up drinking just to compensate cutting my kratom dose in half. lol
As far as how am I feeling...does nothing at all count as a feeling?

So kratom is your drug of choice? Sounds like you have anhedonia. It sucks.

I've accepted the fact that I will always be addicted to something or another. When a specific drug becomes sooo good that I completely lose my identity in it, that is when I pull the plug.

At least as far as the fact that I rest easier knowing I have a stimulant stronger than coffee to help me get my work done if I don't get enough sleep, I'm now considering that Concerta might have a place there for that being a happy medium as stronger than coffee but less problematic than dex/adderall.

The only thing is the jitteriness it gave me the few times I took it.

I really don't want that as it's one of my least favorite things about Dex, so I don't really know how I'd combat that if I did start using Concerta or how often it would give me the jitters, and I certainly would not want to take it every day or even every other day unless I absolutely had to.

My brother who has a script for it has ADHD and he lives in Japan and has worse ADHD than me and unlike me he actually has self control with dex/adderall (not with booze though, he's an alcoholic just like me lol....he quit drinking like a year ago).....and I believe if he had a script he'd use it responsibly, but it sucks for him that he can't get it cause he lives in Japan and over there they are SUPER drug nazis worse than the U.S. and the only stimulant psychiatrists will ever prescribe is time-release Concerta, so that's what he takes even though he really wants an Adderall or Vyvanse script.

He's always talking about how much he hates Concerta, but that he feels better taking it than nothing at all.

But I didn't use it enough times to really know how I'd respond.

I think I took it like 5 times or something and one of those times I felt really good on it and the other few I got jitters.

Actually, what might have something to do with it is that the Concerta he gets are time release and he hates the time release and likes it to hit harder so he opens his capsules and like removes the thing in it that makes it time release to make it instant release cause he likes that better.

So last time he was home with me and had his Concerta and i wanted to try it a couple times, and most of the times I tried it where when he'd removed the time release like he likes, and that's when I DIDN'T like how it felt.

Then I think it was only 2 times he DIDN'T remove the time release and I took them as prescribed with the slower release in tact, and one of them I really liked it, and I think maybe the other I didnt.....so maybe 50/50 on taking them with it, so maybe I would in fact like time release Concerta.

Is the Concerta you take time release or instant release?

How long does it last and do you prefer time release or instant release?

Are they both available in the U.S.?

Also, have you ever tried Adrafinil or Modafinil and if so, do you like them?

I've never tried Modafinil but I tried Adrafinil only like twice and totally didn't like it.

I felt like not only was there no euphoria, but it made me jittery and stimulated in a bad way and I also felt like coffee produced more energy, and I just threw it out.

Maybe I'll try it again someday though as an experiment.

One of these 3 things can help with Concerta edginess or jitters: Gabapentin, phenibut or kratom. You take klonopin, right? A benzo gets rid of the jitters too. My current psychiatrist doesn't prescribe benzos so I use gabapentin or kratom to get rid of that side effect. I can never take Concerta on its own.

Concerta is basically 24 hour Ritalin. Ritalin is the "instant release" version. Concerta is extended release. I have tablets, they can't be opened and emptied out. I feel the effects at least 4 hours. I'm prescribed 20 mg tablets twice a day. One in the morning, the second one in the afternoon. My insurance is very particular and I can only get 20 mg tablets with my plan. There are higher doses that are taken once a day, but I can't get those.

Yes, Concerta is available in the US. The generic version is methylphenidate ER (extended release)

Yes, I have tried Adrafinil and Modafinil. I tried those soon after quitting Adderall. Adrafinil was a huge help with PAWS for at least a month, it was better than nothing. I stopped adrafinil and modafinil eventually because it's just not powerful enough for ADHD. Not for me anyway. That's why I had to go with Concerta in the end. Concerta isn't euphoric either and that's a good thing. The euphoria was the problem with Adderall and amphetamines in general, it makes you want to redose constantly.
Like your brother said, Concerta is better than nothing. You should take it only the way it's intended and just use it as help with ADHD, nothing more, nothing less.

So kratom is your drug of choice? Sounds like you have anhedonia. It sucks.
and weed. Pretty much 9 years of daily use with weed and 6+ years of kratom with various other opioids mixed in from time to time. During this time my brain has been on and off daily benzos, pregabalin, mirtazapine, alcohol, nicotine, etc.

Last edited:
and weed. Pretty much 9 years of daily use with weed and 6+ years of kratom with various other opioids mixed in from time to time. During this time my brain has been on and off daily benzos, pregabalin, mirtazapine, alcohol, etc.

Anhedonia happened big time after quitting Adderall. I can't live with it...
It literally feels like death...don't give a damn about anything or anyone at all. That's why I always have to find something else to take. I can't tell you how to fill that void, but hopefully you'll find a way that isn't too self-destructive.

@madness00 Check out Bill Burr's Monday Morning Pawdcast from July 1st. Justin Long is on there with him. They're shooting the shit and talking about the gay pride parade, I'm laughing so hard.

Bill said he was walking his daughter down the street and there was a lesbian with no shirt or bra and her tits were covered in glitter. haha

Had to cut down on my opioids due to not getting my next script until Monday instead of today. My mind is now starting to clear up and all the worst thoughts I block out are coming back so just had to take all my remaining Dihydrocodeine and an OD-on-paracetamol amount of Co-Dydramol to make it all go away. Tomorrow's gonna be a bitch.

Anhedonia happened big time after quitting Adderall. I can't live with it...
It literally feels like death...don't give a damn about anything or anyone at all. That's why I always have to find something else to take. I can't tell you how to fill that void, but hopefully you'll find a way that isn't too self-destructive.
Basically how I feel, add in that I was a schizoid before starting drugs my brain was already a bit off, that said one thing I at least have going for me is that I'm a very controlled drug user when it comes to controlling usage amounts. With the exception of weed I can easily take only the amount of the drug that I have planned for the day, this has been tested from opioids to alcohol to methamphetamine.