Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

My mental health is fairly bad right now but I am doing a lot to try to grow and move past most of this.

he dragged me around for 4 hours while he was trying to get himself situated with all his belongings.
^ have witnessed this tons of times. I would have bailed after like 20 minutes. You must have a lot more patience than me bro.

@coast: the stuff I'd heaven but very addictive...

Yes, phenibut is addictive, but I know to never go cold turkey. I was in the depressive phase of bipolar and lost sight of who I am and the purpose of life in general. Phenibut is making me feel like a normal human being and I'm going to use it to start putting my life back together. I'll switch it up with Gabapentin from time to time for a break. Phenibut goes great with Concerta. Concerta makes me on edge and anxious on its own. Now I take phenibut first thing in the AM and wait about 4 hours later, then add Concerta. It's nice and smooth.

I'm sorry the job didn't work out! Are you on the hunt for a new one?

Good to hear.

I too am feeling good. Everyday has been better than the last. I have big aspirations, minimal drug urges, and made some good friends, so no reason why this won't continue.

YAY! I'm glad things are going so well! :)

I'm excited because I'm about to order some sushi. haha

Haha, welcome to the party Hylight.

Medication, for some people, and for all intents and purposes, makes them "normal". But it doesn't matter what others think, what do you think?

Feeling very optimistic. And after a 28 day weight, my doctor has informed me on the phone that he has finally been told what do/prescribe for me. I'm seeing him tomorrow :) fingers crossed!

I love this.

@ChemicallyEnhanced Glad it all worked out! Keep us updated on the effects.

Thanks, Madness! :)

I got Depakote which I actually really like as it's GABAergic and feels almost like a weak benzo. It affects me like a benzo would too: anxiolysis, somnolence, general lack of coordination. terrible short term memory loss and slurred speech.

My genius cousin came over and started a grease fire on the stove. The microwave is burned up and the ceiling too. Insurance is going to replace everything in the kitchen and even repaint the entire house. Here's the catch, I have to live in a hotel room for 6 to 12 weeks while they're working on it. Insurance is going to pay for room and food. It's extremely nerve wrecking for someone with anxiety. I really don't want to leave my house for a place I don't know and I'll have to be surrounded by strangers when I leave my room and have to go to different places for food. It's a nightmare for me.

When I see the psychiatrist next month, I'll tell him about the situation and maybe he'll be more willing to prescribe me a benzo. I just imagine being extremely uncomfortable the entire time. It's a huge inconvenience. I'm still waiting to see when I have to leave.

I hope every one is well! :)

Man, that's a long time to be in a new environment.

But i wonder, what are the restrictions and limitations of the whole, "we'll buy your food" component? That sounds like you could maybe take advantage of it.

Who knows, maybe the new place will be really nice, and your neighbors even nicer. Maybe you meet your best friend. The world is full of opportunity and while a change can be nerve wracking, change is inevitable and just one more skill you can add to your toolbox is coping with it. I hope you can get the benzo, i guess, but even if you don't you WILL survive! And be extremely well fed.

:)

Man, that's a long time to be in a new environment.

But i wonder, what are the restrictions and limitations of the whole, "we'll buy your food" component? That sounds like you could maybe take advantage of it.

Who knows, maybe the new place will be really nice, and your neighbors even nicer. Maybe you meet your best friend. The world is full of opportunity and while a change can be nerve wracking, change is inevitable and just one more skill you can add to your toolbox is coping with it. I hope you can get the benzo, i guess, but even if you don't you WILL survive! And be extremely well fed.

:)

Haha! How do you know the right thing to say? I hate change. I go into it kicking and screaming like a baby. You're right, maybe it won't be so bad. They said they'll provide the food as long as I'm there with vouchers so I'll see how that goes. Thank you for making me feel better!

Is everything good with you?

Yeah, I'm doing well. Just bored on days I don't have work. I'm moving out of the shelter soon - gunna do an overnight at the group home next week, and have an interview with Boston Housing for a voucher coming up. Just waiting for my case to be dismissed in February so I can go back into the corporate world.

Just talking about my life bores me. I miss drugs TBH but if I get one more violation they're gunna do a dangerousness evaluation on me -_-

Yeah, I'm doing well. Just bored on days I don't have work. I'm moving out of the shelter soon - gunna do an overnight at the group home next week, and have an interview with Boston Housing for a voucher coming up. Just waiting for my case to be dismissed in February so I can go back into the corporate world.

Just talking about my life bores me. I miss drugs TBH but if I get one more violation they're gunna do a dangerousness evaluation on me -_-

I know you miss drugs, but that would only have you sliding backwards.
It's great news you're moving out of the shelter and finding housing! You should be really proud of yourself! I'm proud of you. You've come a long way. Keep up the excellent work! ;)

So far it's been a positive experience at the hotel. My room has a kitchen, a living room, bedroom and bathroom. It's like an apartment. I have the A/C blasting because it's hot as hell outside. The only thing I'll be dreading is having to leave here in a week or so to go to my appointments. No big deal though.

That's awesome! How's the food?

Pretty good! There are a few restaurants around here to choose from. I went grocery shopping today to stock up since I'll be here a while. That way I won't have to go out every single time to find something.

It's quiet for the most part, but occasionally it sounds like someone is trying to get in the door and I sit up in bed like "What the fuck is that?!" I double locked the doors anyway. Housekeeping comes once a week. At least I won't be bothered all the time.