• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Food Society - MEXICAN IMMINENT - SIGN UP HERE MOFOS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good times. but i had no idea there would be so much based around prawns. i don't like prawns. great day out anyways. we should definitely do it again :D

It was an excellent food filled afternoon. :D We discussed at the pub afterwards about setting up a regular cuisine appreciation evening. Maybe a monthly thing? Im not the best organiser of things so Ill leave it in COTB's hot little hands but it would be a fun thing to do- or maybe a lunch so the people with kiddies can come along.

I am absolutely insane about food. You have no idea ! I think this is a great idea and I can already think of about 1000 places we should check out.

Ooh, cuisine appreciation sounds good! :D

Let's do Indian soon :D

Don't let C0TB organise it!
She keeps making us meet as places that are closed. Or that simply don't exist any more :p

^^^I totally concur...

How do people feel about Mongolian BBQ?

What's a Mongolian BBQ?

Well, imagine taking a bowl, going upto a table and selecting either/and/or/multiple pork, beef, chicken, tofu, prawns, other seafood. Then going to another table and selecting from a range of Asian veggies (and other vegies) then putting in your own sauces from a wide range.

Finally you give it to a guy standing by a 2 metre round flaming BBQ where he cooks it all, pops it back into a the bowl and away you go :D...

It's awesome, and I know a few places that rock, ooh did I mention it's ALL YOU CAN EAT??? hehe... And cheap :D

20031108Genghis%20Khan:%20The%20best%20of%20the%20best%20in%20Mongolian%20BBQ%200.jpg

IMG_2808-2005.04.21-12.15.32.jpg

cooksjour.jpg

Last edited:
<3

But if C0TB doesn't organise it nobody will know where it is / what time we're meeting and will all be sitting at home by themselves watching Australian Idol. :|

I for one do not want that. Remedy? C0TB for organiser!!! :)

In case it wasn't clear, I was going to set the dates / do the bookings and take venue / cuisine ideas from people and try to make it a monthly thing.
Don't stress pets - - - you'll all get a chance to shock and amaze people with your incredible foody finds. =D

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
But if C0TB doesn't organise it nobody will know where it is / what time we're meeting and will all be sitting at home by themselves watching Australian Idol. :|

I for one do not want that. Remedy? C0TB for organiser!!! :)

In case it wasn't clear, I was going to set the dates / do the bookings and take venue / cuisine ideas from people and try to make it a monthly thing.
Don't stress pets - - - you'll all get a chance to shock and amaze people with your incredible foody finds. =D

australian idol > food :|

p.s. i'm not sure if your resume of organising food related events qualifies you for this job? ;)

<3

Mary Poppins said:
p.s. i'm not sure if your resume of organising food related events qualifies you for this job? ;)
^For the record and to clear my name as food event organiser, it was only the once that I sent a group of hungry youths to a place that was shut...

How was I to know Mexicans don't eat on a Monday? :(

^ i'll leave the fact of monday being the most common night restaurants are shut out of the equation...

and what about the mexican restaurant that wasn't mexican? fess up now c0tb!

FaTz said:
How do people feel about Mongolian BBQ?

Mongolian BBQ is rad... there's one in sydney. I think it's the ultimate in all-you-can-eat!

Mary Poppins said:
^ i'll leave the fact of monday being the most common night restaurants are shut out of the equation...

and what about the mexican restaurant that wasn't mexican? fess up now c0tb!

how easily some people forget... :p

Alrighty: heres the wish list so far

1) Mongolian BBQ
2) Indian food (bleeeeah, but Ill go anyway and just eat pappadums and rice) :p
3) Mexican in a place that actually is Mexican and still exists
4) Fatz's house, make him do all the bloody work. I guess this would be some sort of chicken dinner
5) I request teppinyaki with extra sake
6) Maybe we should throw in the vegetarian/vegan type cuisine for those who dont eat meat (and bring along a chiko roll to stave off the cravings)

Sound good?

FaTz'z house might be okay, but I don't think it would be for quite a while. And we would need to convince my new house mates....

Mexican I can do maybe, hell i did work at a Taco Bill's...

And I got a few people PM'ing me asking about places... The Khan Mongolian BBQ in the City... I'll go find the details now....

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.