• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Food Society - MEXICAN IMMINENT - SIGN UP HERE MOFOS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay firstly we've all agreed Mongol this month. I'll post tonight about what's going on. Don't keep crapping on. Just a single post

What you would like cuisinewise...

cOtb Has chosen African and will be going into the list

Ruski - Koren BBQ???

Last edited:
Korean BBQ:

You basically get a plate/multiple plates/continuous plates of seafood, beef, chicken, pork, vegetables with dipping sauces, salads et al with a BBQ in the centre of every table. You then BBQ your own food to the way you like it and eat it straight from the grill. Nice little idea eh?

Might be similiar to some Mongolian Resteraunts.

No I know wat a korean bbq is... I meant is that your choice?

korean bbq sounds EXACTLY the same as mongolian - could we please try and diversify? i already have a limited rotation of things i cook at home, i don't need my eating out to be similarly limited

wagamama is overpriced and overrated, not to mention bland, so if you go there - count me out :\

flower drum however, i'm SUPER keen to try - i'm willing to fork out if anyone else is :)

could we also consider everyone's rather varied geographic locations and try to make it even position wise? i recognise that st kilda et al is awesome for food but i'm not prepared to constantly travel there when i have fantastic restaurants 2 seconds let alone 10 minutes away....

also for the record, though i'm sure it won't really matter, sunday or a weeknight is best for me.

that's enough whinging from me for one evening (in this thread)

Korean BBq is NOTHING like Mongolian - you'll see, MP, when you've tried BOTH :p
for starters, you cook Korean yourself. Mogolian gets cooked on a giant kettle drum by old men with funny hats and beards

My vote - Moroccan. Perhaps even the Moroccan Soup Kitchen (Nth Fitzroy), although we'd all have to behave ourselves. And it's a no-alcohol place. But an experience, to be sure. They basically look at you and bring you what they think you'd like!

Oh, and if we're going to do "traditional American" i'll throw the suggestion of Soda Rock Diner out there, corner of Chapel and Toorak. C0TB and I went there a little while back and had a ball. Chilli Dogs. Five Dollar Shakes. Each booth even has it's own jukebox! =D

Last edited:
ohhh moroccan is awesome....there is a moroccan place on nicholson st!!!

come to the dark side :D

i'm trusting you on the korean/mongolian thing :|
but i like funny men with hats and bears. or men with funny hats and beards. either or.

Trust me MP, Korean and Mongolian BBQ are different in flavour as well as experience. Don't do the Korean in summer though.

And save flower drum for meee! We'll be down soon enough!

Yeah my vote is for Korean BBQ. And Adam is right, there is a diff. I've been to both too :)

Both in Adelaide funnily enough.

Lebanese food is definatly my fave. There arnt too many cheap - good value Lebanese restaurants over this side of town :( If anyone knows anywhere to get good, cheap Lebanese food, do tell

Yeah, The Cedar Tree in Bay Street Brighton.

Very good food, reasonably priced.

ruski said:
Yeah my vote is for Korean BBQ. And Adam is right, there is a diff. I've been to both too :)

Both in Adelaide funnily enough.

There is an awesome Mongolian BBQ in Magill, we went there a lot. Awesome.

^^ Thats the one I was referring to, next to Transport SA. Hehe :)

i would like to try a lebanese restaurant (ie. not just kebabs)and or middle eastern.

real hommus (a la middle eastern grocer on smith st) pwns.

orgasm in a chickpea.

id love to be a part of this.
but please not on saturdays during the day, otherwise ill never be ale to come :(

friday night possibly?

Spanish tapes. I know the place. Its mind blowing, and if you are a on a budget and eat a lot then I probably wouldnt go. Modiva in the cbd, next to the forum, is out of this world!!

I would love love love to take people there

^ are Tapas all dripping in oil/based on oil?

Has anyone said good old Italian? You can't go past a fab gourmet woodfired pizza or spaghetti marinara. I vote Fasta Pasta ;) < j/k

im not out for sat dinner, just saturday at like 12.30.
maybe we could do a sunday brunch?

and i vote for italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.