Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Two Tribes - Melbourne Park - REVIEWS

seaman >>> meh
schumacher>>> meh

rother >>> :)

HAWTIN >>> =D

i wasnt gonna go this year. but now i must.

From reading other forums Future seem pretty admant that the proper lineup hasnt been released, so I wouldnt get too excited about anyone 'supposedly' coming as yet. Tho they do keep saying this year is going to be 'huge'... and I'm yet to see any real hugeness as such in the current rumours.

I'd love to see Jan Johnson tho.. but as far as I was aware she's just a performer, so that'd mean she would have to be singing for someone spinning trance? I assume also for that kinda effort they'd be bringing out a big-name trance DJ to accompany her? Heres hoping. :)

I'll be at 2Tribes.. for the pure reason of being able to dress up crazy and run around with friends all night. Hopefully theres some great acts for me to get excited about. It'll be a fun night regardless. Tho slightly disturbing that they've been giving out free tickets on Nova already...

stace.

^^ MIKE isn't big name trance enough for you? :) For anyone who missed him at GK03, see this guy.....fucking brilliant set then at GK....really top quality trance...not too hard, not too airy....just right :)

That said i hope JJ isn't vocalising with MIKE....it'd ruin it (even as good as JJ is)....

For those who don't know... Electrochemie LK and Thomas Schumacher are the same person :p

and whoa! that is a great line up, shame that I will be most likely working on the GP again.

Hello all!

It's looking like I'll be making it to this one! I'm flying over from the states to visit the lovely COTB, and I'd love for her to drag me along.

=D

<3

Originally posted by asmodeus256
I'm flying over from the states to visit the lovely COTB, and I'd love for her to drag me along.

^Pfft! You mean you thought there was a chance I wouldn't take you along?! ;)

-=Jumps around=-
This will be freaking *huge*.
Not only does it mark the end of Duckboy and my detox's, but it also means that I have an amazing boy to party on with [asmodeus256 =D].

Excited.

So very excited.

tnargus said:
^^ MIKE isn't big name trance enough for you? :) For anyone who missed him at GK03, see this guy.....fucking brilliant set then at GK....really top quality trance...not too hard, not too airy....just right :)

That said i hope JJ isn't vocalising with MIKE....it'd ruin it (even as good as JJ is)....

I've seen MIKE... twice. You are correct tho, he is fantastic. Its just that I'm waiting for something new and interesting to get excited about. I'm still gonna be there and I dont doubt the acts will be great.. I'm just waiting for a real confirmed lineup before jumping around.

Hold on.. how would *live* vocals ruin a trance set? She wont be MC'ing.. now thats a great way to fuck up a set.

stace.

I'll be going to this!!! Marks 1 year of my official 'raving' days.. Two Tribes 2003 was the first rave that I went too... So I have to go to this.. And looking at who's going... Sounds like another meet up happening!!!! 8)

^^ meh tis cool.....congrats on the 1 yr anniversary....TT05 will be my 2 yr anniversary....TT03 was my 1st rave...

I'll be there, with a week to recover from Sydney TT the week before I should be all good to go.

Looks like quite a crew going, looking forward to meeting/catching up with you guys =D

^^ With an avatar like that, you are someone i think i must meet ;)

These names are also being toted as part of the Two Tribes lineup:

Dj Hyper
Ali B
Annie Nightingale
Jan Driver
Dj Vadium and the russian persussion

Word also is that LTJ Bukem, DJ Zinc and MC Conrad are all booked into other gigs for Adelaide TT etc, unsure if they are going to make it to melbs. Apparently this year TT is making a big effort to have the full Melbs line up at Sydney, Adelaide + Perth...

There is also a rumour floating around certain places that the big name trance dj yet to be announced is none other than Tiesto himself....this however i will believe when i am standing infront of him at Melbourne park...

However, the following acts are 100% confirmed:

Thomas Shumacher (DJ Set + Live set as Electrochemie)
Anthony Rother
Andy Farley :D:D:D

Full line up is very very iminent....that is next day or two...

Last edited:
well future still haven't released the damn line-up yet, but I'm pretty certain all mentioned artists will be included, excluding the prodigy (private tour), and the rumour about tiesto can be put to rest as he already has a gig in finland or something on the 13th :(

But i wouldn't miss a two tribes party for the world, yes they are quite frantic and absolutely crazy, but oh so much fun, even if this line-up doesn't tickle my fancy all that much.

The main attraction for me are the trance acts Rank 1 (yeeeehah), MIKE and signum, and i think i'll check out richie hawtin for a decent techno fix.
My friends are keen to see some trickery from grandmaster flash so i'll probably hit that also, hopefully there won't be many clashes and/or lock-out's like last year, nor any bloody OD's on GH-mutherfuckin-B :X

Anyone know what dave seaman is like, and armand van helden? D