• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Pharmacy REVIEWS!. Sat 10th Sept. @ The Metro

hitomaro said:
the metro is horrible, but whats so bad about QBH? like everyone says its horrible, but im not sure why.. i thought its pretty good, or maybe that was just a one off, only been there once..

I don't like the 'club' feel for raves!

I know most of them have that feel, however for the 'big' ones, I expect more.

yeah im not a fan of clubs either! aslong as its not qbh i guess.that place sucks!
a warehouse would be sweet as!

anywhos.the 2 lined up so far sound good :) im missed the pharmacy i wanted to go to,due to crooknes.so im due for another!

Well... I've heard this shall be at the Metro... :(

Damn shame for Pharmacy's 5th B'day bash!

kaitracid said:
Where did you hear this shitty news from kandyraverchick

Fortunately, at this stage, just through word of mouth.

Unfortunately, it's from someone who's deeply involved in the Melbourne rave scene, who's not prone to giving out misleading info.

Let's just hope it's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

If it's at metro I'll fuckin set fire to the place before hand and all the other shitty places it could be so the only place they can have it is at a warehouse or something good like that!!!

Maaaaaaan i really hope its somewhere good. i gave up going to pharmacy parties cos of the shitty venues chosen ... everyone i talk to is hanging out for an altona party - lets crash the joint and run a renegade party!! haha

nuh - seriously - im in the "decide whether im going after venue is chosen" category

Altona is great, but in order for it to be held there it needs to be a reasonably large event, and as of late Pharmacy really hasnt been.
I have also heard the news about new the new owners, not wanting rave events in their property and you cant blame them really.
Rave parties dont get a good rap unfortunatly.

I dont mind the metro and I dont mind QBH either, even though I agree that they are too small.
But..there really arent many options left in Melb.

I went to a pharmacy up at room 680 once, now THAT was something to complain about.

If I was Yoji and these DICKS tried to tell me I could only draw a crowd of 2000 ravers to fill this shit venue called "the metro" i would be pissed and samurai sword everyone's fuckin arse!!!

Every raver and his dog will be out in force for Yoji - he will draw WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE for metro or QBH...If only all you IDIOTS would say NO TO G then we wouldn't be in this mess where the only places that will take raves are shit ones!!!

yeah i think metro can hold more like 3500-4000 (its only licensed for 1800 i think), and thats the numbers that they usually get through there.... cept for pharmacy seems to pack them in even more than most.... but they had absolutely no hesitation announcing the last 3 or 4 or however many pharmacy's have been at metro, so it has me thinking why they would hesitate now... they have to know that people will hold off on getting ticks, and i dont think they would have a prob filling up metro even with slightly reduced sales... so im hopefull that its another venue... my only issue is, i hope they arent announcing it because it isnt confirmed yet, not bcoz its a shit venue

Oi oi saveloys!

Just to let everyone know who is wondering; Pharmacy's 5th
Birthday will be held at the Metro- we were hoping to secure a
warehouse space in time for our 5th birthday however even
best laid plans can come unstuck. We're still working hard on
this for future events- but i'm sure everyone understands how
hard it actually is to make happen (as evidenced by the lack of
large scale warehouse events on lately). Altona, Moorabbin
etc are not going to happen again in the near future- you can
thank the minority who ruin the fun for everyone else for that.
Rest assured we are working on a few things for the not too
distant future..

While understandably some people have various misgivings
about the suitability of the Metro as a venue I have supreme
faith that we have worked out the teeth issues and this is a
brilliant venue that will truely shine if people give it a chance...
We have taken onboard a great deal of feedback from previous
events and thus will be making a few keys changes which will
reduce the stress in moving around.

For one example the Bourke Street Bar will only operate as a
chillout space with some funky beats, couches and beanbags
rather than a full fledged dancefloor- this will ease congestion
through the center of teh venue making for easier movement
upstairs to the Gods Bar and the Rebar... Also, a lot of people
mentioned there was nowhere to just hang out and chat. BAM!
Done..

Quite besides that the Metro allows us to truely shine and
provide Pharmacy's trademark sound and lighting rig. The
sound will rumble halfway to hell, the lights and lasers will
shine to the heavens and the Kontinuum Krew will have the
opportunity to expand their fked up projections even further.
We'll be throwing in some twisted performers too (if I can get
what I want it will be something never witnessed in Melbourne
before!)...

The important thing is that Metro is licensed to hold 2500
people, however this event will be strictly limited to 2000
people only to allow as much room as possible to dance and
explore. With a lineup including Yoji Biomehanika and Nick
Sentince plus the announcements yet to come- THIS EVENT
WILL SELL OUT. Get yo9ur tickets early to avoid
disappointment.

ahhhhhhhhh shit, i'll still head down for this but can't miss yoji, i'd see him at springvale community centre if i had to

What??? Altona has new owners??? Ive programmed lights for a shitload of raves there, and everytime Ive been, same lil short ass owner walking round. Thats tight, Altona is da best place to do a rave. DO IT AT ALTONA!!! hehehehe

the announcements yet to come are they gonna be the local pharmacy djs like master kaos and hellraiser etc or does anyone rekon more internationals will head down

Amen Peterpoppa, thats the kinda stuff we like to hear!!!! *high fives*

Not only do we love to dance, we also love to CHILL!!!! Im very pleased that you have taken our sooky la la on board and actually turned it into something better! Im definately going nowz... =D

OH yeah definately get some LESS ANAL SECURITY!!! I mean seriously if ur sitting down with ur eyes shut for a second how the FUCK CAN U BE SLEEPING ... durrrrrrrrrrrrrr specially with those loud choons..

I recommend the friendly staff man who runs the door at PHD.. the one with the groovy moustache.. hes friendly as hell!! with a touch of " dont fuck with me " =D