• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] INFECTED MUSHROOM - April 6 - Metro - REVIEWS!

college_dropout said:
Any Melbourne Bluelighters going???

Me plus my 'two' are going =D
wanna meet up before hand for a drink somewhere?

Originally Posted by college_dropout
Any Melbourne Bluelighters going???
Hells yeah =D =D I will b there dancing up a storm!! Got my phats ready, been listening to all kinds of psy plus infected's new album (yeah what the fuck is with artillary!) all week and I'm having massive troubles sitting still just thinking about this one :D
Originally Posted by college_dropout
fucking mad to hear, as would Release Me, Spaniard
Dude these are my favorites too! I have a feeling they will play at least one of these.. they're just too classic to leave out of a 3.5hr set! =D =D

Insomnia played me a few seconds of some of the ttracks and i think my ears bled :\

It was such a let down.

So definantly NOT going.

Anyone know if tix will be available at the door and how much they might be? Thanks.

androoo said:
Me plus my 'two' are going =D
wanna meet up before hand for a drink somewhere?
I'm heading in with my bro to this one. So we're probably gonna head straight to the Metro. Plus I'm gonna follow ilikeacid's suit and wear phatties so I wouldn't set foot in a pub or bar beforehand in those.

college_dropout said:
I'm heading in with my bro to this one. So we're probably gonna head straight to the Metro. Plus I'm gonna follow ilikeacid's suit and wear phatties so I wouldn't set foot in a pub or bar beforehand in those.

we can't afford IM but we'll be at the afterparty :)

Come on folks....im curious...

I know it sold out...how was the music?

So. fucking. good!!!

While I wasn't impressed at all by their new album, to see them live is insane. They are really that good. Fantastic!!! They played Bust A Move :D

college_dropout said:
So. fucking. good!!!

While I wasn't impressed at all by their new album, to see them live is insane. They are really that good. Fantastic!!! They played Bust A Move :D

If they were at least half as good as they were at QBH (bliss) and earthcore (outdoor sep/oct one) in 2003 (Did you go to any/all?) they would have been good. Few fiends from the net in other countries gave "average" reviews of past year so yeah, hopefully I'm well enough (pain/injury wise) maybe next time. They look like being the Metallica of the psy scene. Release crappy albums "since their best" but still know how to play awesome live :>

I've seen Infected several times: at QBH, at Earthcore, EC in the Park twice, and last night.

Last night was arguably as good a show as i've seen from them. Ballistic, mental, crazy, with the full strut and it just pumped. Utterly brilliant. I agree the new album isn't much chop, but they've picked the best tracks and thrown them in the live set, along with some of the best of their older stuff.

For the people who decided not to go cos they thought it would suck: FOOLS! ;)

DQ said:
For the people who decided not to go cos they thought it would suck: FOOLS! ;)

Seeing as I'm not one of those, I can reply. Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing isn't it ;) Plus the cost of "a night out" (entrance fee, drinks, whatever) can add up to a $100-$300 cost and not everyone is willing to chance this on a "sucky or good" event so to speak :D That said, I still don't know if I would have gone if I wasn't injured, probably the same reason I haven't seen Metallica live since '89. I just don't want to risk the fantastic memory of when I last saw them live to being tarnished by a "less than perfect" performance, which metallica and infected mushroom both did last time I saw them =D (a perfect perfomance that is, not less than perfect. hehehe)

They were excellent. Agree Vicious Delicious isnt that great but the show at the metro was worth the $65... Last time I saw them at the metro I didnt think they were that great. Been good at earthcore in the park though.. I think they played longer this time than last time at metro.....I was pretty fucked up and not sure what time I left but it felt like they played for 4 hours or something. The live guitar and shit was wicked... everyone just went mad when they came on...

Last edited:
uTranceMe said:
They were excellent. Agree Vicious Delicious isnt that great but the show at the metro was worth the $65... Last time I saw them at the metro I didnt think they were that great. Been good at earthcore in the park though.. I think they played longer this time than last time at metro.....I was pretty fucked up and not sure what time I left but it felt like they played for 4 hours or something. The live guitar and shit was wicked... everyone just went mad when they came on...

Heh, the "I was pretty fucked up" kind of defeats the review. I've been to sets/gigs before "not fucked up" and found some to be average where reading reviews from fucked up people stating it's the best. Always laugh at the "My god, they played brilliant! Their music peaked just as I was peaking, perfect timing" ;)

Not saying it wasn't awesome for you but it's just hard to know if you are "spot on" with your review until a sober person backs you up =D There's been quite a few gigs I've been to and in hindsight I wish I had gotten fucked up that night as it would have made an "average" set fantastic :D

Here's a lesson for all the kids: Dont get so mashed before the gig that just as they come on you have to run out side to get fresh air and calm down and you end up missing half of the set :\

What I did here was Rock as Fuck!! =D Live set up was impressive, very crunchy guitar sound blew me away!

They're playing again Wednesday night at Prince Bandroom. Hopefully this one will be as good as Friday was - from what I remember of it :\

lol... aight dude , sorry for the vagueness..!! They were definately better than when I saw them at metro beforehand. That time I think they played for about an hour and a half 2 hours tops. The live elememt was an added bonus ( I was unaware they evn played some sets with live instruments) They just seemed to be right on top of their game this time around..

Its funny what an earlier poster said about metallica before. I saw them when they headlined the Big day out a couple of years back and they blew me away. Ive got a friend who saw them before that and at the big day out and he said it was like chalk and cheese. What a difference rehab makes....

totally blown away by the show and not just because of infected... the performance was tops, the crowd was fucking insane and the vibe was just amazing! Probably the best time i've ever had at a club event.

The extra melb show is this weds at Prince Bandroom. $30 Doors at 8pm infected on at 10pm. Definately wont top the metro show but will still be an absolute cracker! I'll be straight as an arrow for this one.