Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

**** Melb EARTHCORE review thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok wot can I say.. I had an awesome time!!

highlights of the weekend:

catching up with a few people
meeting alot of cool people
seeing infected mushroom
that 5 min shower at 7pm sat that was heaven
swimming in the river
getting a tan

low points:

missing hallucinogen
not enough sleep! it was hell having to go to work today :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it was a large event I managed to keep the personal thought of it being a smaller event and had a grand time. Thought Infected's day break set was the best I have ever seen which I would put down to the timing of the rain and lightning etc.

Had a ball with all sorts of mates and loved hangin by the river during the hot days. Also the Hotel room on the way home was the best idea I've ever had and made for a safe and comfy journey home.

Good tunes, good friends, good times. Found a nice mix of expected and unexpected in both :)

whoa!!! how good was that???? =D

four days in the bush listening to cool beats. Heaven just doesnt get any closer then stomping to infected mushroom and hallucinogen in the rain =D =D

got home tonight after lots of travel, lots of fun , lots of chats and lots of meeting people. Met a heap of people from here (to many to name) but big hugs and smiles and hellos to you all =D wish i had met more of you, its cool putting faces to names :)

i agree with wazza, wasnt a doof feel but then again it wasnt really a doof but rather a club/rave/psy festival all rolled into one.

So many ravers there lol

lost my sandals and so much other stuff that i cant even think of right now, lost my brain and myself but i found it again sorta :p

all in all i'm one happy doofqueen and i'm looking forward to going back to melbourne for new years eve to stomp to sento sesto at tribadelic =D

edit...how did the meetup go? i kinda ummm forgot to go 8(

Last edited:
I remembered to goto the meetup, pity no one else remembered.8(

What an amazing time. ALMOST up there with Rainbow Serpent. Definately one for the memory banks (if i could only remember it).

Great people, great tunes, great weather, great times.

Hey to all the Bluelighter's i got to meet / say hi to; Cowboy Mac, Wazza, Doon, Babydoc, Doofqueen, and anyone else i forget. Hope you all worked hard.

well.. not the best earthcore i've been to.. but mostly due to the fact i was probably feeling crap more time than i was feeling good. And the fact that i had a headache ALL day/night tuesday for some bizar reason.. lack of sleep maybe? but yer.. thanks to everyone that was there and especially
Null :)) the music was good.. best times were b/w 3 or so in the moring and mebe 8am in the morning? no idea? infected and blank & jones were good. the drive home was LONG. good to see everyone though.
- DoH

As expected, earthcore was the grand daddy of doofs/ festivals and while it was a little too sanitised and commercialized for my liking, experiencing Infected Mushroom and Hallucinogen with sunrise AND a lightening storm as a backdrop, goes down as one of those very special moments. :) :D :)
Highlights include;
  • The River - such a welcome relief
  • Suzuki's set - I wish he wasn't clashing with Ponsford so i could have caught more of him.
  • Commando Water Missions - So much fun on Sunday arvo, although heat stroke from running around for 3 hours in the sun was not so fun :(
  • Psy Stage - such a long trek to find it, but well worth it when the sight of tweaking candy ravers became too much.
  • Ponsford's closing set - pure perfection!
Lowlights:
  • The people who felt the need to play hard ngr on Thursday and Friday nights. The stages were shut down for a reason - so people could sleep!
  • People who continually commandeered my hammock! ;)
  • Promoters who fucked workers around as to when they would be paid..
  • The 8 1/2 hour drive home :(
Thanks to everyone who made this such an amazing party (you know who you are), long live the fairy mofos and bucket punch!

Does anyone know final (official) numbers?

Last edited:
Great vibe
great mates
and amazing music!!!!

Fractal Glider just blew me away
especially loved fractal glider going off with fireworks in the sky a great rave experience.

And infected mushroom have once again proved why they are my favorite artists going around at the moment. total bliss with the sun coming up and lightning striking in the sky.=D =D

Biggest four-day trading on record

Big weekend: Undera General Store's Jan Avery said the weekend's Earthcore festival was good for business. Picture: Ray Sizer
By Simon Pollard

December 2 2003
Shepparton News

Shops in the town of Undera are rejoicing and relaxing after recording their biggest four-day trading period on record.

Buoyed by about 5000 visitors to the nearby Earthcore music festival, the town's hotel and general store said record sales had caught them by surprise.

Hotel publican Max Lear has been behind the bar for 32 years, and said he'd never seen Undera so busy.

"I had my reservations whether we'd get much business out of it, because they had their own bar set up on-site, but we've done a hell of a lot of business since Friday," Mr Lear said.

"I've never seen traffic like it in Undera. It started Friday and is still going.

"It's my best weekend in 32 years here."

Undera General Store owner Jan Avery said the influx had caught her by surprise, after a different music festival in March failed to live up to expectations.

"The ones back in March came in and told us to stock up on everything, and sales were no different to usual, so I got a little bit of extra stock this time, but not much," Ms Avery said.

"But I've had extra staff on all weekend and ordered extra deliveries.

"Ice, water and cigarettes were the main sellers.

"It's been the biggest weekend I've seen, and certainly a good kick-start after the drought. If we could have one of these every six months we'd be very happy."

Meanwhile, Earthcore organisers yesterday said they were pleased with Undera's first hosting of the decade-old event, and hoped to return next year.

A spokesman said the festival attracted its anticipated 5000 people and went off without a hitch.

Ah, a great article to see about how locals are directly affected (postively) from events :)

^^
definately. its too often u hear ppl bitchin about the music being too loud, too many "young hooligans" etc.

bitchin that we couldnt go!

well i had an awesome weekend!

it started off a bit slow as only me and dogah went up by ourselves but after saturday when we ran into people we knew (1234 and the gang :)) it turned out to be a fantastic weekend.....

i wont elaborate as everyone else has already complained about people STUPID CAR STEREOS ON FRIDAY NITE :p and thanked god for the coldness of the beautiful beautiful river!

i had such a good weekend, i actually got enough sleep, and had a nice recovery in a hotel in shepparton before driving home :) *nice to see wazza there as well*

anyhow, for my first earthcore i was mighty impressed! it may not have been the most comfortable weekend but it was SOOO much fun! can't wait to do it again!

p.s- and its awesome to see a small town support this event too....

omg we had a hard trance boot rave right near our tent on thursday and friday, we were so narky :(

i can't say i agree with waz and doofqueen that it didn't have a doof vibe but more of a club vibe. I found that the vibe was a perfect mix of doof and festival, like offshore meats rainbow serpent. As for the vibe up the front during infected and hallucinogen, well that truly was one of those magical doof vibes, dancing with randoms face to face, hugging everyone and moshing my tits off, loved it :):D:D:D

dancing up the front during infected has to be the most profound and intense experience of my life.. everything came together perfectly for me, and omfg the crowd/vibe was insane!

i have a vivid memory of the rain starting.. there was a HUGE lightning strike and at that very moment the boys start playing bust a move, everyone goes nuts! omfg, what an experience!

Ohmigod. It was $1.15 alright? I could have sworn I didnt apply GST.....I wanted it to be quick and simple. After all there were 4492 guys... :p
Yah! for psy trance, and Infected mushroom and Disko Pussy and Elad.
Anyone know where Disko Pussy plays in Melb?
I thought ec was fantastically well organised, I had a BALL and met the most amazing ppl.
Thanks all
:)

I had absolutely wicked time. Didn't really go see anyone on friday night as I chose to sleep instead (luckily since that ended up being the last time I would sleep until Tuesday night...). On saturday spent most of my time at the Pharmacy stage by myself (that is the qlder coming out in me) and a lil bit of time at the psytrance stage. Was stupid enough to go back & sit at camp for a couple of hours which inturn built up fluid in my lower leg muscles & made it extremely hard to dance after about 3:30 :/. Tried so hard to dance (& even stand up) for infected mushroom, but it became almost impossible.
My flight home to qld 6am monday morning did not go down well at all, definitely a bad decision on my part, same with my 2pm meeting at work that afternoon.

I will definitely be making the trip down for the next earthcore (that is if I haven't already moved to Melbourne by then!

Anyone know where Disko Pussy plays in Melb?
Check out Teriyaki.

But be warned i've never heard her play anything near as psychedelic as she did at ec 8o

`eternity-dre said:
dancing up the front during infected has to be the most profound and intense experience of my life.. everything came together perfectly for me, and omfg the crowd/vibe was insane!

i have a vivid memory of the rain starting.. there was a HUGE lightning strike and at that very moment the boys start playing bust a move, everyone goes nuts! omfg, what an experience!

like me and you, i think there was at least a thousand people who shared almost the exact same magical experience during infected, it all just worked out :)

It was awsome, that lightnight during infected really topped it off. The news said it was a once in a life time storm, cause continuous lightning bolts like that is really rare. Bloody awsome just watching it go off for like 20mins or so. Cant believe someone stole the ducks though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.