• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Dec 6, 2003 - QBH - Carl Cox Global Tour

Ben Sims and Carl Cox at the same party! This thread should be 3 pages of excitement, these guys are maybe in the top ten 10 DJ's around the world, they are magicians in the techno scene, this is easily got the potential of maybe the best party in Melbourne in a long time, could even be the best party, get excited damn it!

My engagement party is on the same night (we had the date first you bastards), so I can't go. But there are people seriously planning to make the 1hr drive to Melbourne from the party, watch Carl Cox 's set, then drive all the way back again.

That's inspiring dedication :)

How annoying, they should ban parties in December, it's when I have a break from all of that stuff, not that I've been to a proper event for almost 6 months anyway, but still..

Unfortunately I can't go cause I'm working overtime the next day, and I can't afford it, but I'm sure it will be a good party, it's quite possibly one of the one's atm that looks the most promising.....

Full event details...

header_fg.gif

QBH - SATURDAY 6TH DECEMBER
1 Queensbridge St, Southbank.
10pm - 7am

CARL COX (3 Hour Set)
He is indisputably the world biggest DJ - in every sense of the word!

A powerhouse of a man, with seemingly limitless reserves of energy, Carl has a passion for his craft that has never for a minute faded into cynicism. With a history dating back to the very start of the acid-house revolution, the first nights of Paul Oakenfold’s The Project and Danny Rampling’s Shoom club, Carl has always continued to push musical boundaries, to work hard and to do it on his own terms. Despite his many career accomplishments, Carl has always maintained a connection with the dancers on the floor, never isolating himself from his audience. His DJing reflects his open mindedness and the experiences that his world travel brings. It is this that has earned Carl Cox the distinction as one of the best entertainers in the world.

Whether you have Melbourne memories of Carl peforming at the rear of the Palace in the early nineties, the sweat box that was the Dome show in 1995 , The Royal Exhibition Buildings on NYE 1997, the Boiler Room at The Big Day Out in 2001 or from some where else across the globe in the last 15 years - don’t miss out on his first visit in 3 years for a 3 hour Global shake down when he hits town this December.

BEN SIMS
London-based Dj / producer Ben Sims has undergone a steady rise to prominence over the past few years. A self-confessed vinyl addict, Ben’s own recordings clearly reflect his long-standing passion for hardgroove and a Chicago funk based sound. As a result, his studio output is very much dance floor orientated, and constructed for manipulation by the DJ. Since the launch of Theory Records, Ben’s material has enjoyed success on numerous prestigious labels such as Primate, Primevil, Code Red, Tresor to name a few. Following the completion of many reputable remix projects and the launch of three further labels – Hardgroove, Native and Symbolism – his records have found constant club application from many of the scene’s most respected players. Truly a master of turntablism, and an artist not to be missed. Ben Sims – accept no substitute.

Agent Mad is proud to announce the full line-up for the Melbourne GLOBAL TOUR:

GLOBAL ARENA:
Ben Cromack
Ant J Steep
Simon Digby

NEW & USED ROOM:
Andy Murphy
Angela Maison
Agent 86
Derek K
Matt Wilko

33&1/3 ROOM
Brewster
Sunshine
One LC
Lex

Full Price tickets $50 +b/f available from:

188D (St Kilda)
Alley Tunes (Hawthorn)
CC Music (Geelong)
Central Station (city)
DMC (Prahran)
Euphemism (Windsor)
Gaslight (city)
Inthemix online
Ministry of Style (Fitzroy)
Mighty Music Machine (South Yarra)
Mooks (Chadstone, Chapel St, China Town, Hawthorn, Highpoint, Little Collins, St Kilda)
Polyester (Fitzroy)
Slap Records (Fitzroy)
Strange Days (Windsor)
Tickemaster7 (outlets, online or phonecharge 136 100)

Fucking quality lineup there kids.... Ben Cromack is warming up the decks for Carl! About time he got a gig like this, and a few of us fought hard to make sure he got it.

And Ben Sims... what can one say? I've seen a lot of techno DJs in my 7-8 years in the scene. Sims is without a doubt one of the most flawless 3 deck technicians in the world. This will be special :)

Getting very close now and I am REALLY starting to get excited big time!

Get ready kidzzzzzzzz! Just heard some recent sets from Ben Sims and Carl Cox and phew are we up for some serious techno music, bring it!!!

i thought there woulda been a LOT more interest about this event......tsk tsk......

Could be that not many ppl can be bothered posting as you can see it has more than enough ppl who viewed the thread so they know about it. I mean I cant be bothered posting anymore either hehe but there should definately be interest in this party coz if there isnt then Melbourne plainly sucks but I hope this is not the case, it should be full no doubt. This is going to be the best party of the year by far I think, less than a week away.

BUMP TIME!!!

So can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to ROCK :)

Anybody have any idea of set times? I definately don't want to miss any of the action. Well except Digby.

The set times as posted on www.agentmad.com.au/news.php

MELBOURNE
New & Used Room
12.30am - 01.30am Derek K
01.30am - 02.30am Angela Maison
02.30am - 03.30am Agent 86
03.30am - 05.00am Matt Wilko
05.00am - Close Andy Murphy

33&1/3 Breaks For Broken Legs
01.00am - 02.30am Sunshine
02.30am - 03.30am One LC
03.30am - 05.00am Brewster
05.00am - 06.00am Lex

Global Main Room
10.00pm - 11.30pm Ant J Steep
11.30pm - 12:30am Simon Digby
12.30am - 01.30am Ben Cromack
01.30am - 05.00am CARL COX
05.00am - 07.00am BEN SIMS

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
Hmmm not too bad, though I think they have put Ben Sims a little too late for a peak time set, as he obviously will be playing a more tougher set I think Carl Cox should of started off around 12 - 3 and Sims 3 - 5, that would of been the way to go, but who is complaining, its gonna be rocking either way I guess.

they put carl cox on at that time i reckon cos at 1:30 the majority of peeps will be there. any earlier n ppl might miss some of his set

Dont get me wrong this still will be a top night but I am disagreeing with the set times, Ben Sims is playing at a time where he wont play his funked up tuogh sets, he will be finishing off the night and may even go off techno the way things look, he should of been on at the peak of the night. 3:30 to 5:30 and Cox 12 - 3:30 or something like that. Only if I was in charge hehe

Hopefully we are still not disappointed.

Ah fuck it, best party of the year by far, bring ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!