• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Dec 6, 2003 - QBH - Carl Cox Global Tour

Fine hehe last bump from me until I see youz there, as I am busy the whole day tomorrow, so ciao ciao and get ready!!!

Well I spent about an hour waiting around outside trying to hail a cab, and I could hear the crowd going NUTS from outside :( But I also hear it was hell cramped, so it wasn't a total loss ;)

So, give me details!

My mates went and said they could of done with 800 less people and had an uncomfortable night. Apaarently Carl Cox went off as usual but evenrything else was rather poor.

Last time I went to QBH it had good numbers but wouldn't want any more this time they way over did it.

OH my lord, that was fantastic. Doon, Airwalk and myself had a spot that for the most part was not cramped at all! We were just right of the front stage at the edge of the dance floor. Had a fantastic view of the crowd + stage and must say, it was one of the best nights out I've ever had. I am totally sore from dancing myself silly especially during Ben Sims. Carl Cox played a fantastic set. I am glad I finally have been able to see the man play. It will be remembered for the rest of my life. Fantastic night! Just had an sms from Airwalk stating how he absolutely loved it.

Once again, it was fantastic. Seeing the crowd going nuts, especially when Born Slippy was dropped was a jaw dropping sight. Seeing the whole place jumping as one was an awesome sight! Great great great great great!

You see people, this is what techno parties about. I dont want to hear ppl complain about it being too full? Are youz crazy? The more people the better, I went upstairs and looked down at the crowd and man its about time Melbourne got that European party feeling, it was the bomb. Very impressed with crowd vibe also, always screaming and chanting for Cox and Sims, great sets from the two of them, geez was this a good night, these are the nights that need to be coming to our shores more often, this is what life is about, techno lives on, bring it, bring it and bring it!!!

I must say that was an awesome experience and Carl Cox would have to be the the most entertaining dj i have ever seen! and i too will remember that night.

I had my doubts ever since it was anounced for QBH but got me ticket on friday, realising i couldn' t miss such a famous dj. I would of rathered a larger warehouse style event but that rarely happens these days anyway like it used to.

I loved the way Carl Cox interacts with the crowd, bops and moves his body along with that solid baseline, added by a cheesy grin. His definately got his shit down pat.

Also Simon Didgy played always makes my night and never lets me down. (If anyone could help me out im dying to get ahold of the name of this track i love of Digbys lately, he played it in his morning set contains some repetative lyrics and a really cruisy tune, if anyone knows what im on about?)

wellity wellity wellity

i had a fantastic night i dont really care if it was packed i still managed to get a sweet spot with wazza and airwalk where we rocked it out most of the night to the big black man, i was a walking erection the whole set, i dont know if that was just from hanging with two sexy men, i think it had to do more with the orgasmic set that was played!!!!

sims rocked it hard and kept me going after the mammoth set from the fat black man

was a little bit dissapointed with digby's set but hey after all that you cant really go complaining.

shout outs to wazza and airwalk for a grear night be feelig the mist in my face soon!!!

hell yeh! i had the best time ever!

and i dont think it was cramped either, we were at the other set of stairs furthest from the entry and there was plenty of room.

there was hardly any shirtless marios, spoke to heaps of randoms, and Carl Cox went off. i got about 10 pics at least (even tho they were a bit far away) so i'll be treasuring those.

yay!! wicked fun, and i like techno even more now.

Best night EVER!! I think it pips the post of the 02 Two Tribes as my best night out.

Good crowd, good music. All it needed was some naked girls and beers and would have been in heaven.

I had a shit wicked time! Cox well he was amazing - I haven't seen a crowd that pumped and jumping for an entire set in years!

I tried moving to the dancefloor at one point but I couldn't move so I retired to the stairs near the main enterence I was happy there :)

This bot had fun! Wish more parties were like that...

Hmmm?

What else can i say about this party that hasn't been said already. Melbourne has lacked a crowd pleasing event such as this for a long time now... the last real Bumpin party where the crowd went nuts like this was at Pure Flow, where the other BIG BLACK MAN, Major Rush belted out a killer techno set along with his microphone enduced antics that pleased and involved the crowd as much as his music :D

What a night to remember! Personally i found it great walking through the crowd and seeing old faces that had obviously been into Techno long before i even knew how to spell the word, partying side by side with the new generation of Techno lovers. With the one thing we all had in common was the respect for the music itself. Best crowd atmosphere i have experienced here in Australia to date. Who could complain about the amount of people... isn't that what partyin is all about?

What a Night to Remeber!
Lets do it again Melbourne.

What else can i say about this party that hasn't been said already. Melbourne has lacked a crowd pleasing event such as this for a long time now... the last real Bumpin party where the crowd went nuts like this was at Pure Flow, where the other BIG BLACK MAN, Major Rush belted out a killer techno set along with his microphone enduced antics that pleased and involved the crowd as much as his music

That's so spot on!

The night was so good because it lacked the usual bunch of shirtless marios and kandy kids who have jsut discovered pills and think that fluffy fluro is the best colour in the world. Instead it was full of jaded old folk such as ourselves who can appreciate good music when they hear it.

Just tell me, who couldn't get excited by the sight of a big black cox.

I normally pay out on QBH as a venue and would normally have some rather negative things to say about the high heel wearing chicks and the muscle tops. But not this time folks

There was a certain vibe this event had which is difficult to explain.

The music was by and far the best five hours of techno I've heard may ever and was great to here the contrast between UK Techno and US Techno from two stars at the top of the game. But there a very distinct X factor which I've been having trouble putting my finger on. It may have been that I only knew maybe 6 people in the whole place so there wasn't an expectation to very overally social. It could have been that the crownd seem to exhibit a rather virgin quality mixed with a jaded quality.

The whole night gave me goose bumps and was the best time I've had at an indoor event since perhaps Belfast 8 or PvD in 2001, funnily enough both where at the same venue.

Had an awesome time with wazza and Doon.

Pity the night had to end, lets just hope that I don't have to wait another 3 years to Carl Cox.=D