• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELB - CARL COX - Jan 29th @ Room680

i thought it was weird too.
but my friend who i went with is friends with the girlfriend of the guy who owns it.....and she said it was the residents.

its unlike any club to NOT post the supporting acts...

who knows....

When you have CARL COX THE MAN himself playing at a venue, I don't think local/resident needs to be mention much. Just Carl himself will rock the house down....

Can't bloody wait!!! BRING IT ON!!!

I seen Coxy play yesterday, he absolutely smashed the dance floor. I definately rate it up there as the best of the last few years, from anyone!

Mark James
Tahl
Simon Coyle vs Simon Digby
Feigan
Andrew Padula
Ivan Gough
Dee Dee vs Slack

Thats the official lineup of support :)

Ok well, i'll still be seeing you all there, but unfortunately i'll be watching from the sidelines.....big Australia Day party capped off with me trippin whilst drunk whilst running on the road....

Result: open wound on hip, opened elbow, cut hands....badly bruised....

So i'll be there, but just to listen ;) Hoping to see you there Muzby, and Syntech....and Mr Audio :)

Has anyone else got tix on the door? I always get a little nervous about that whole scenario :\

Kaylene said:
yeah just wanted to rub this in! carl coz lives near me

yeah i like carl coz too. he's a nice guy. got a wife, 2 kids and works as a mechanic. i'd be even more chuffed if i knew carl cox... ;)

(dont worry only stirring ya...)

no tickets on the door

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

i wanna go but i have no money!!!

The worst party (if you could even call it a party as it felt like a regular sat night room night) I have ever been too! Disgusting to say the least!

Crowd = Was the worst I have ever witnessed in my time in partying, hence leading to the fact I will never step foot in this venue again unless its a party with 10 great techno internationals then there could be a chance (Which aint gona happen).

Venue = Revolting, no point in dancing nor standing as ppl are just walkin up and down as if not knowing what they are there for.

Music = I could have sat home and listen to the radio and got more variety, though I will not blame the man Cox for this as he read the crowd's no idea for music and gave them wat they wanted, so he knows wat djing is about.

Anywayz I am off to BDO, hopefully Cox plays a good set there, anywayz whoever didnt go, believe me you made the right choice! Ciao.

^^
thats such a shame!
is there anyone else who is gonna report on the event.

was it chockers Mr Audio, or didnt they fill the venue?
i like Room as a venue, theres nothing wrong with it!

It wasnt that bad. The place was packed for a while, though most people left after Carl Cox had finished. You could always find some room to dance. I didnt see any bluelighters there but those I spoke to were mainly like people who used to be in the scene but left, but still remembered the good old days. Nearly everyone had like jeans on, didnt see much raver gear around and it was a bit laid back/casual. I've been wanting to see CC for a while so maybe I'm a bit positive about it all, but I had fun. He did get me going with some of the tunes, though a few were kinda repeditive and similar.

and who was that who sent me an sms asking if i knew wot time carl cox was on..

i didnt know the number and it is bothering me... (and i cant be assed calling it..)

Mr_AuDiO said:
The worst party (if you could even call it a party as it felt like a regular sat night room night) I have ever been too! Disgusting to say the least!

Oh my god!!! How long have you been partying??? You don't like the music? Obviously not long if you don't like the music and you don't know that Room680 holds more like a club nite.

MUSIC = C.Cox played an AWESOME set!!! Especially the last 1 and a half hours. He rocked the house down hard!! Reminded me the set he play at QBH 1 yr ago. Even Simon Digby played AWESOME techno after C.Cox's set. I can't believe you didn't like the night! It was good that C.Cox played differently to what he was playing at QBH last time during the start. But he slowly build it up. He really knows how to play according to the crowd.

CROWD = The crowd wasn't good? I don't know what you were looking at? The girls were hot!!! Obviously they were mostly clubbers. Most of the people dance, but clubbers style. No room to dance? Obviously if its in a small venue like Room680, you just have to deal with it and dance clubber style instead of shuflling. :)

VENUR = However, it was abit packed. Carpet was damn sticky, hard to dance. But everyone enjoyed themselves.

Overall, it was a damn good night. Music was awesome, women was hot! What more can you ask for?:)

Silentdancer: HEHE how long have I been partying? Listen your funny but already with a post like that you have not only got no idea about music but you are why parties crash hehe drugs is what makes you go out so please dont tell me what music is, or the venue was good, or the crowd was good or cox was good. Cox played a ripper at QBH this was all cheese like you are also.

Over and out.

It was chockers... everywhere you stood it seemed like a walkway to somewhere. No wonder it sold out, but I reckon they've got their club capacity pretty much nailed down to the man, if one more person had been let in it would've been gridlock.

Marc James played before Cox, he was up and down, but tried to drop some techier sounds at the end. His last record wasn't really audible over the cheers when the star stepped up. Carl Cox did what he does best, took the party and rocked it. IMO The first hour slammed, his second hour was sort of here and there, and then the last hour rocked again; he made a few remarks on the microphone about having to get more gigs in his new home town and why he likes Melbourne parties; played a very 'easy to read' techno mix set overall. Simons Digby and Coyle kept the funky techno groove going afterwards, to a far less packed but still energetic crowd.

The music was loud. Damn loud. And the floor was sticky. Damn sticky.

BigTrancer :)

Mr_AuDiO said:
Silentdancer: HEHE how long have I been partying? Listen your funny but already with a post like that you have not only got no idea about music but you are why parties crash hehe drugs is what makes you go out so please dont tell me what music is, or the venue was good, or the crowd was good or cox was good. Cox played a ripper at QBH this was all cheese like you are also.

Over and out.

Wwwooaaahhhh!!!
Looks like I've asked a very sensitive question. Think theres a over reaction there.
I'm just giving my personal comment and asking a very simple question...
If it did offend you (which it seems like), I'm sooorrryyyy....
:)
peaceeeee....:)