• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

>>Apprently smoking using foil, as in the aluminium vapours have been though.. don't know how trustworthy that it tho>>

Well, strictly speaking, aluminum deposits in the brain have been linked to alzheimers. Now, the thing is, you'll ingest more aluminum drinking a soda out of a can than smoking out of it.

ebola

I was at a mates house smoking some really good shit, and i think i might've had i dunno, about 5 puffs out of a bong and we went inside to get a jumper (coz its winter here) and we went back outside and he got me to hold the bong, and i dropped the weed coz i was shaking so badly, just my arms, for no reason at all. I couldnt stop it, but yeah i blame it on the good stuff. But it might be the cold as well, but more because you're really high.

I notice that i get twitches and muscle spasm sort of things from smoking weed when im around alot of people or cold. I think it exagerates my social anxiety which is kind of annoying. I find that having a few beers before i smoke solves the problem, probably because the alcohol masks the anxiety.

yeah i went to school high a long time ago, and while in my homeroom class, i felt extremely paranoid. my whole torso (especially my shoulders and arms) were shaking and twitching. that and i couldn't find a comfortable position to put my legs in.

I know paranoia, anxiety, and a racing heart are all really coming effects of MJ... but my question is: has anyone else every gotten uncontrollable shaking and trembling throughout their whole body when they were having a bad high?

I did for a while. My whole body would just shake and shiver and I felt like I had no controll over my body. It made me stop smoking for a summer and even now when I smoke the bad highs are always in the back of my mind.

I know this thread is a bit old, but remember there are so many other factors involved besides the weed smoking. The worst part of smoking weed is thinking everything is a result of your weed smoking. But when you stop for a while (maybe a year or more), you are going to face some of your biggest problems head on and realize how bad your diet, excersize habits are and how much you relied on weed and a combination of other things every day.

I almost wish I could just go back to thinking weed is my biggest problem because I have a lot of muscular and heart related problems from all the smoking (cigarettes too) and generally not taking care of myself.

That said, there is no question that weed was actually helping some of my problems because it's been like 3 years or more since I smoked and I still feel like I need something to calm down and I got tired of anxiety pills (been over 2 years off them also).

Without giving out my medical history, weed is probably one of the better self medicating drugs out there. Just don't forget that the munchies and ruining your lungs by smoking cigarettes with it are probably your biggest problem. There are times when I didn't eat enough also, weed makes you forget the most basic things sometimes. I lost over 20 lbs one week because I just smoked weed and didn't eat (was depressed over something but still, wtf I can't think of anything that has held my appetite more than just making my brain stoned all week). I was really weak and had cramps after that. Some people I know look like they probably smoke more than they eat so maybe that's the problem. EAT SOMETHING! LOL.

this hasnt happened to me during a high, but i have twitches and spasm like feelings when i have my first hit or two from the bong. dosnt happen everytime, but it happens!

Sometimes my body will jerk or my arm...etc. This happens more when i am dehydrated for some reason. That could be the answer.

I smoked a few weeks ago for the first time in about 6 months.

I was shaking as if my body was shivering.

I'm curious if this is unique to Indica. Black market cannabis is predominantly Indica.

[[ has anyone else every gotten uncontrollable shaking and trembling throughout their whole body when they were having a bad high? My whole body would just shake and shiver and I felt like I had no controll over my body. ]]

[[ I'm curious if this is unique to Indica. Black market cannabis is predominantly Indica.]]
^^
>That is an interesting observation. In fact, in my experience, the uncontrolled shaking and what not, are produced when Indica, opens up the ganglionic "gates" (plexuses) and the neural associations are letting go of that position and change associations. This occurs when your body is out of wack and those association that had occured where not of a stabilized nature.
The body is maleable and weed that is not a stimulant like sativa, opens up the gates, and the reason you lose a lot of energy and want to chill out. Sativa has the oposite affect. So when you feel on a low alternate for a while with sativa and see where it gets you with the shakes. Any other autonomic movement of your body which you have not control over, also goes with all this.

Observe and learn!

Last edited:
This can also happen with synthetic cannabinoids, and is not entirely dose dependent. I took a very large dose of JWH-073 over a period of about ten minutes when I first got it because I thought it would kick in very fast like most smoked drugs. I guess that was a stupid mistake, but no harm was done. I did not get the shakes from that, it was just an intense trip and I thought I might be dying or suffering brain damage for a very long 5-10 minutes.

I smoked 14mg a few days later, much less than that first dose. I got the shakes this time. I was in the kitchen when it started. My arms and legs were shaking, and my torso was moving side to side a lot and twisting a little. I barely made it back to my bed without falling. It got more intense after that. It didn't really bother me, though I was worried that this was a sign that the chemical was toxic. I'm glad I found out that weed causes the same thing sometimes.

Later, I got some muscle twitches from an 8mg dose, but it was not even close to the shaking I got before.

Someone else experiencing the same side effect from JWH-018 has posted a trip report on Bluelight.

This side effect may be something that all cannabinoids share in common. It can definitely happen with JWH-073 and JWH-018.

Damn when this thread was created i was having my first ever tokes, 5+ years later im bonging an ounce a week. :)

I didnt know this was a common occurance. Usually its either my legs that twitch or my upper body that shakes. I figured I was a rare case because people sometimes looked at me funny and ask me if I'm cold or something.

Doesnt really happen all that much anymore

I dunno if its always accompanied with being pale, but one time I had to sit out of gym because I was so high I couldn't stand and felt like I would pass out. I sat down and my gym teacher asked me if I had the swine flu lol. I laughed and said I had a stomach ache.

I hate these twitches sometimes though, back when my mom drove me to school to make sure I don't smoke in the morning (got caught at school once for smelling like weed) I would sneak down and do waterfall tokes before I had to go. I would sit in the car twitching so bad lol.

IMO if you twitch its good shit and you're really fucking stoned.

i've had a few friends of friends experience these symptoms but nothing like this has EVER happened to me. i think it has to do with people's brain chemistry. some people just cant handle it. but i know one thing for sure, if i DID have symptoms like this i would never smoke. thats for DAMN SURE lol. thats kinda scary

Happens to me, too. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Don't smoke because of it -- the twitches are pretty intense (one time on strong stuff it got so bad I couldn't do anything but lay down for 45 mins).

This used to happen to me every time I burned, it's pretty much how I knew i was high lol. I guess I eventually grew outta of that a while ago