• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] Opioids (codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, heroin, etc.) and Ecstasy

Generally it's a bad idea. Tylenol aka acetaminophen aka paracetamol puts quite a bit of strain on the liver, so does MDMA... I wouldn't mix them. Opiates compete for the enzyme which metabolises MDMA, this can lead to unexpectedly high plasma levels which can be dangerous.

It depends, it's definatly not the most dangerous thing to do, but I wouldn't do it.

if you have a headache the X your gone thake that night will also kill the pian...atlist it always did for my

BilZ0r said:
Opiates compete for the enzyme which metabolises MDMA, this can lead to unexpectedly high plasma levels which can be dangerous.

What about opioids such as hydrocodone and oxycodone? So far I've only heard that fentanyl and codeine can be dangerous to mix with MDMA.

Lets see if I can remeber this. Hydrocodone turn to hydromorphone, and that is mediated by CYP2D6. Oxycodone is converted to oxymorphone and that is mediated by cyp2d6 also...

Yes, I wouldnt mix with either of them.

That said, I know lots of people who have mixed high doses codeine and OC and been fine. Still, in a cyp2d6 poor metaboliser, or just if your plain unlucky, these combinations are potentially fatal.

Should be fine. Unless the pain killer your taking is oxycontin or something as strong. Even then opiates and MDMA generally don't have adverse reactions. I always take heroin oxycontin and the tail end of stimulants. Moderation is the key.

i just got told that you wont feel the head ache after peaking ne way haha.. true? Ah well, its just i have a minor flu, and i dont wanna feel like arse tomorrow night. but ah well ill be happy as larry ne way!!

BilZ0r said:
Lets see if I can remeber this. Hydrocodone turn to hydromorphone, and that is mediated by CYP2D6. Oxycodone is converted to oxymorphone and that is mediated by cyp2d6 also...

Yes, I wouldnt mix with either of them.

That said, I know lots of people who have mixed high doses codeine and OC and been fine. Still, in a cyp2d6 poor metaboliser, or just if your plain unlucky, these combinations are potentially fatal.

Ok, thanks. I'm a little worried because I have a small oxycodone habit and I plan to drop some MDMA tommorow. I guess I'll avoid taking any oxy tommorow, but I'll still have it in my system. I'm only going to take 1 pill, maybe only 1/2 a pill, so I think I'll be okay.
I'll also be tempted to take opiates during the comedown, I guess I'll try to take a benzo instead or just a little melatonin to help me sleep.

Each time I have rolled and have had a headache it went away about 30 minutes after dropping. I have never taken any asprin for a headache prior to dropping...

You should be fine if your last opiate was 42-36 hours before your roll. Take a whole.

I've taken pain killers before/after rolling quite a few times... (OTC meds)

Like if it's a Friday and I'm coming home from work. I know I'm going to be going out later, but I have a headache that I want to get rid of before it flares up anymore... so I'll take two mersyndol day strength... have something to eat... avoid alcohol... maybe even lie on the couch with my eyes closed for a while... and by the time I am ready to go out the door I am generally fine...

I'd say it doesn't make much difference to the ecstasy... the effects aren't weaker or stronger... If anything I find ecstasy helps with headaches or other things like period pain...

I don't think it's all THAT bad so long as you're not taking superstrong pain relief... and if you're taking an asprin-based pain killer make sure you eat something... after rolling you've prolly got an empty tummy and asprin/ibuprofen can make your stomach hurt like buggery...

The potential problem with opiate based painkillers (and Oxycontin i.e. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone i.e. Vicodin, both apply here) is, as BilZ0r correctly said above, is that the same enzyme (CYP2D6) in the liver/renal system metabolizes both *codones and MDxx. The risk is that the level of MDMA (or opiates) in your system will remain too high for too long.

If you have "a bit of an Oxy habit" (I know what I you mean, I used to chip Oxy sometimes) then you probably know about potentiators like Tagament, white grapefruit juice and etc. You're bascially doing the same thing.

If your usual Oxy dose is... say... 20mg or 40mg (and do you snort? chew?) I would drop about 33% off it. I would also start with a half an MDMA just to be safe and drop the other half after you're sure you're ok.

It would help to know more about your Oxy use and tolerance. I never got much above 100mg in a day but I know quite a bit about about Oxy and its effects so I'd be happy to give you more specific suggestions.

OTC painkillers (aka APAP, aka Tylenol, Asprin, etc.) are a bad thing to be taking when your taxing your system. Tylenol works because it breaks down... oh... just barely before it starts doing liver damage. You don't really want to be taking it when you have reduced renal/liver capacity or your on anything hard.

That's very general advice but people as a whole VASTLY underestimate the long-term cumulative damage acetominphin can do. The biggest problem is that the damage doesn't usually show for months.

My advice: Steer clear of it. Asprin if you really must.

Last edited:
i have head aches after i take e.. some times for like a week later, and i always resist from taking pain killers for it, just incase it does some thing fuked! Last pill i took was at 4am sunday morning. It is now nearly 2am tuesday morning. Will it be safe to take one when i wake up? :p

i just realised that made no sence. ill repeat myself. Dropped my last x at 4 am sunday morning. Can i take a pain killer when i wake up *pfft* i need to sleep more or some shit.

porslyn said:
i just realised that made no sence. ill repeat myself. Dropped my last x at 4 am sunday morning. Can i take a pain killer when i wake up *pfft* i need to sleep more or some shit.

What kind of painkiller?

SwissBanker said:
The potential problem with opiate based painkillers (and Oxycontin i.e. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone i.e. Vicodin, both apply here) is, as BilZ0r correctly said above, is that the same enzyme (CYP2D6) in the liver/renal system metabolizes both *codones and MDxx. The risk is that the level of MDMA (or opiates) in your system will remain too high for too long.

If you have "a bit of an Oxy habit" (I know what I you mean, I used to chip Oxy sometimes) then you probably know about potentiators like Tagament, white grapefruit juice and etc. You're bascially doing the same thing.

If your usual Oxy dose is... say... 20mg or 40mg (and do you snort? chew?) I would drop about 33% off it. I would also start with a half an MDMA just to be safe and drop the other half after you're sure you're ok.

It would help to know more about your Oxy use and tolerance. I never got much above 100mg in a day but I know quite a bit about about Oxy and its effects so I'd be happy to give you more specific suggestions.

OTC painkillers (aka APAP, aka Tylenol, Asprin, etc.) are a bad thing to be taking when your taxing your system. Tylenol works because it breaks down... oh... just barely before it starts doing liver damage. You don't really want to be taking it when you have reduced renal/liver capacity or your on anything hard.

That's very general advice but people as a whole VASTLY underestimate the long-term cumulative damage acetominphin can do. The biggest problem is that the damage doesn't usually show for months.

My advice: Steer clear of it. Asprin if you really must.

Thanks for the info. I usually chew 20-40mg of oxy each day. I also usually drink a lot of grapefruit juice so it will take longer for the opiates to metabolize. I didn't end up taking MDMA last weekend because of bliz0r's suggestion. I think I will avoid mixing MDMA with opiates all together. However your suggestion of dropping my dose by 33% (and obviously not drinking any grapefruit juice that day) is a good one.

s0nic said:
Thanks for the info. I usually chew 20-40mg of oxy each day. I also usually drink a lot of grapefruit juice so it will take longer for the opiates to metabolize. I didn't end up taking MDMA last weekend because of bliz0r's suggestion. I think I will avoid mixing MDMA with opiates all together. However your suggestion of dropping my dose by 33% (and obviously not drinking any grapefruit juice that day) is a good one.

I don't think the danger is pronounced, so long as you know what the risk is.

The risk is simply this: The MDMA and the Opiates will stay longer in your system. If you are on 40mg a day and you are doing this every day you probably are feeling about nothing from the dose. Oxy builds tolerance like crazy. You probably have quite a bit of tolerance at this point for that dose. You didn't tell me how long you've been taking it so... I don't know for sure.

I find it hard to imagine that 20mg of Oxy and 120mg of MDMA are going to cause you a real problem.

Take your 20 of Oxy, then take half a bean see how you feel and drop another half if you feel ok.

Go ahead. Drink grapefruit juice. I doubt that will do much more than extend things for you. You aren't approaching anything like an overdose even with the increased serum levels.

As for Oxy try (when you are NOT doing MDMA) snorting it. You'll probably need less that way. I haven't found it impacts duration much.

I've only been on oxy for about 3 weeks, before these 3 weeks I hadn't had any opiates for over a month. Before that I was on oxy every day for about 5 weeks.
I dont know if that makes any sense :). Basically Ive been doing opiates on and off for the past 3-4 months.

I still get high from 40mg, I think Im naturally sensitive to opioids because I used to get really high from a dose as low as 10mg.

The reason I dont snort my oxy is because I only have 5mg roxicodone pills and percosets. I guess the roxicodones are snortable because they dont have any APAP, but I usually dont snort them because there's such a small amount of oxy per powder ratio.

Next Friday Ill take 20mg of oxy and half a pill and see how I feel. Thanks again.

i love in australia and i think most of u are american??? We'd have completely different things..
some examples are.. panadol, paracetamol, herron, asprin, nurofen.. heard of any of those?

s0nic said:
I've only been on oxy for about 3 weeks, before these 3 weeks I hadn't had any opiates for over a month. Before that I was on oxy every day for about 5 weeks.
I dont know if that makes any sense :). Basically Ive been doing opiates on and off for the past 3-4 months.

So you must have at least a bit of a tolerance.

I still get high from 40mg, I think Im naturally sensitive to opioids because I used to get really high from a dose as low as 10mg.

The reason I dont snort my oxy is because I only have 5mg roxicodone pills and percosets. I guess the roxicodones are snortable because they dont have any APAP, but I usually dont snort them because there's such a small amount of oxy per powder ratio.

Next Friday Ill take 20mg of oxy and half a pill and see how I feel. Thanks again.

Yep. Give it a shot. Carefully.

porslyn said:
i love in australia and i think most of u are american??? We'd have completely different things..
some examples are.. panadol,

Acetaminophen.

paracetamol,

Acetaminophen.

Pretty sure this is aspirin.

Pretty sure this is asprin too.

nurofen..

Ibuprofen.

heard of any of those?

I would avoid all the acetaminophen stuff 48 hours before/after MDxx.

aspirin and Ibuprofen are fine I think. Be careful regardless.