• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Growing advice, tips, tricks and experience: Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea man, I planted her very late in the season. If you go back a few pages in this thread you'll see this season's harvest :)

their actually about a foot tall and probably no more than 4 weeks old.... =D

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Unknown (2).jpg
    Unknown (2).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 98
thanks, the second photo does em a bit more justice.. was takin with a phone :p

the yield will be fuck all but they were givin to me unexpectedly and for free so I cant complain :)

just finished trimming and manicuring them an they are coated in crystals =D didnt really expect em to be as sticky as they are considering their organic bushies... but at the end of the day, I guess its all about the strain :\

I had a small indoor setup several years ago in my apartment... but now I live on a large rural property... I've got 14 seedlings, less than a week old... and plan to just plant them in the ground in my vegetable garden and water/fertilize them the same as the rest of the garden... all my veggies turn out great... and my indoor herb turns out great... but indoor I check PH and nutrient levels and all sorts of crap...

My question is... Should I seperate my herb from the rest of the veggies and treat it special? Or since its outdoor will it be better off like the rest of the outdoor plants?

Thanks =D

Diesel, BB x Hashplant, BB x Widow, Maroc, Fresian Dew.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 73
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks like your getting some nice weather MD. Your young ones are looking great :)

Question about feeding... I will be using cns17 along with some natural supplements. How will I know when and when not to feed? Is it like watering? Just feel the soil, if its kinda dry do I feed?

Question about feeding... I will be using cns17 along with some natural supplements. How will I know when and when not to feed? Is it like watering? Just feel the soil, if its kinda dry do I feed?

First why are you using CNS17 in soil?

Heres how I go about the whole feeding schedule because really each strain is different.

First off I use Ocean Forest because its a little hot so for the first couple of weeks little ones wont need any feed.

Then read the label of the nutrient your gonna use. If it says a tablespoon per gallon of water start with a teaspoon.

Now I feed respective to how much each strain/plant drinks. Some plants obviously drink more which can handle more food in return.

So lets say I have a plant in a five gallon pot and it drinks a gallon of water every day. Then on feed days I'll pre-water half a gallon or more then feed half a gallon of my feed mixture.

Now the next day or probably the next evening inspect each one. If any have browned tips then that was all the food they could take. If the look fine then the next time I feed Ill kick the mixture up to 2 teaspoons until I reach max dose. I know some people that take it even further and and go above the recommended dose but then you have ppm issues and Nute- lock up can occur. Plus your usually washing away more money than your gaining in the end cause they will only uptake so much.

I hope that makes sense hit me up if you want more help.

~CHEM- My first outdoor was exactly what you described. I had grown indoors and grew veggies with great results. What I didn't into consideration was the size of the canopy by the end of the year. Also with all the plants in one planter some seemed to over power others and it was much harder to treat individual problems be it nutes, water, bugs, or mold. I would say grow the same strain and keep em spaced and you should be tits.

Last edited:
First why are you using CNS17 in soil?

Heres how I go about the whole feeding schedule because really each strain is different.

First off I use Ocean Forest because its a little hot so for the first couple of weeks little ones wont need any feed.

Then read the label of the nutrient your gonna use. If it says a tablespoon per gallon of water start with a teaspoon.

Now I feed respective to how much each strain/plant drinks. Some plants obviously drink more which can handle more food in return.

So lets say I have a plant in a five gallon pot and it drinks a gallon of water every day. Then on feed days I'll pre-water half a gallon or more then feed half a gallon of my feed mixture.

Now the next day or probably the next evening inspect each one. If any have browned tips then that was all the food they could take. If the look fine then the next time I feed Ill kick the mixture up to 2 teaspoons until I reach max dose. I know some people that take it even further and and go above the recommended dose but then you have ppm issues and Nute- lock up can occur. Plus your usually washing away more money than your gaining in the end cause they will only uptake so much.

I hope that makes sense hit me up if you want more help.

~CHEM- My first outdoor was exactly what you described. I had grown indoors and grew veggies with great results. What I didn't into consideration was the size of the canopy by the end of the year. Also with all the plants in one planter some seemed to over power others and it was much harder to treat individual problems be it nutes, water, bugs, or mold. I would say grow the same strain and keep em spaced and you should be tits.

It makes sense, thanks. To answer your question... we are using a Basement Mix. It has tons of nutrients. I dont like Ocean Forrest because I refuse to feed my plants cork, hair, and pliers.

Diesel, BB x Hashplant, BB x Widow, Maroc, Fresian Dew.

Thanks for posting that mate. They look awesome - much bigger/healthier than I was expecting. They'l have to go in the ground sooner rather than later before they get too rootbound. Well done though!

They seem to be liking the 511 mix. I'll have to take cuts of each of them to make mums. I'm planning on grafting all the different strains onto a stem so that I can take clones whenever I grow, to keep plant numbers down.

Also, I was wondering, do you have you got any Paradise Ice Cream seedlings?

Last edited:
UPDATE/QUESTION

Just fed my plants for the first time yesterday. They seem fine. However, I woke up this morning and noticed on some plants 1 or 2 leaves are a bit spotty. Is this something to be concerned about? Please look at the picture below. You can see on the left leaf there is a speckle of yellow. Again, this is only on a few leaves throughout my entire crop.

NSFW:
DSCF2109.jpg

^lol, no. I think you're worrying too much (not that that's entirely a bad thing). If it were on more than a few leaves and was worse than that then I would be concerned. edit: why are you feeding them? I assume you're using a normal multipurpose or potting soil and not a compost devoid of much nutrients? If you are then feeding isn't necessary, especially if they're not looking hungry.

Also CNS17 feeds are for hydro and coco according to their webpage. I am guessing you're using the 'hydro' nutrient and saw that it says it can be used for plants in peat moss, however I do not think that's a very good nutrient to use in a potting compost like you seem to be using (from what I can see in your photo). An organic nutrient would be far better, or at least a chemica/inorganic nutrient designed to be used in soil and not a hydro system.

I am thanking the canna-gods that we have had rain today for the first time in what seems like a couple of months. I can finally cultivate the soil which up until now has been like cement.

Last edited:
I use CNS17 in conjunction with Pure Blend. I was told by the dudes at my local shop to use this. I purchased them from the same guy... he said to water them for a week because the soil has nutrients. Then start feeding them for 2 weeks (following the schedule) then move them to flower.

I I was told by the dudes at my local shop to use this.

There's you problem right there. Unfortunately taking advice from people working in grow stores is that last thing you want to do, seriously.

I would not feed them until they need feeding (when you see a bit of yellowing). Switch them to flower when you see roots through the drainage holes, not in 2 weeks and don't follow any nutrient schedule. You must read the plant and feed it etc. according to what the plant is telling you to do.

No, the opposite.

That said, you can have nutrient lockout and be feeding it loads, whilst you still get some chlorosis (the technical name for yellowing).

btw... They have soil and hydro CNS17. I'm using the soil version.

I can't find the soil CNS17 online (apart from the 'ripe' version). Are you sure it's made for soil? Can you post a link of details of it?

Here's the link I looked at and I couldn't see the soil version.

If it's not made for soil and soil only then I wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.