• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Growing advice, tips, tricks and experience: Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks AE. She was the only seed to sprout out of 10 seeds or so unfortunatly. I would have loved to get a few more in the ground, and at a better size too. But I am very happy with her :)

I can't wait to try out my own DIY potting mixes.

I'm not sure what I'll settle on but I'm definitely going to be using my NFT system, aeroponics (my Amazon system) and will use passive hempy buckets (fytocell).

The great thing about my greenhouse is that because it's so big I can afford to experiment like this, as I'm not restricted to a small grow area inside my flat and will have the room and enough free sunlight to do whatever I want. Tha majority of plants will be legal fruit and veg, but I'm also going to grow my autoflowering cannabis a couple of indica-dominant hybrids. I just need to actually finish constructing the damn greenhouse first!!

Last edited:
here ai my gal

Attachments

• 24022011151.jpg
    24022011151.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 24022011150.jpg
    24022011150.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 24022011146.jpg
    24022011146.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 69
  • 24022011155.jpg
    24022011155.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 77
I can't see any obvious nutrient deficiencies when looking at the foliage, but I'm sure that once you improve the ventilation I'm sure it will start to look a lot healthier, go ahead.

hi AE so can you see the pics? Its just i cant see any thing at my end when i says attach thumbnail, if you can pls let me know asap thanks

Yes I can see it. Considering the lack of proper ventilation, it actually looks not too bad.

Once you get the ventilation sorted, it'll be able to breath properly and I'm certain it'll start to look a lot better.

Where do you live again? If you live here in the UK you could put it outside in a couple of weeks and you could potentially get a cannabis tree, with ounces of bud. If I were you I would do that and whilst it's outside, sort out the ventilation for the next grow.

Last edited:
ok thanks ill try nd put a couple more, and by the way its only the one girl i have, thanks fo the advice

no but i have just looked back, yea i do live in the uk, and that might be poss, few things to consider as you know, so can you explain for me , she cant breath properly because there is no extract taking air out of the area? Is that correct? Because she is getting fresh air blown in

The extraction is what's important. You need to extract air from the top of your grow area (which is where heat rises to). This removes the heat from your lamp, humidity given off by your plant(s) (plants transpire, giving off a lot of water) and stale gases given off the plant. As well as having an extraction (different from the intake) you need to have an intake, bringing in fresh air. If you only have one fan, then use that as the extraction and have a passive intake (just a hole, so air is pulled in from the extraction fan).

Instead of extracting into the house where the air will only get recycled and go back into your intake, ideally you need to extract outdoors and intake from the house. You can extract through the window using a window box (a box built around the window with a blind hiding it, and ducting leading inside). Alternatively, if you can't extract outside, for whatever reason, extract into the loft and through a chimney stack.

Until you get your extraction and intake sorted out you won't be able to grow properly. Okay, you may be able to grow a plant, but it won't be as healthy as it would be if it were sorted.

I would either transfer it outside or get it sorted if I were you. It's very important. You won't ever be able to grow a plant that's really healthy until you sort out the ventilation and unfortunately just an intake won't suffice.

ok thats great thanks fo the advice, i mean there is no point growing half a plant eh, i will sort out an extraction asap, actually where she is she is in a cupboard with in a room, so could i leave the cupboard door open and leave a window open so the fresh air from out side comes in ? The distance from the window to my girl is about 4 feet, and i would be able to leave it open during the light cycle and close the window and door in the dark, how does that sound as a temp measure, because i cant see the point of going though it all to have it be a waste of time and energy and of course money, so i think i mot get an in line fan, i have been looking at them today, so thanks fo all you help and advice

i have made provision for the extract to go out of the chimney so really if i can get an extract fan i should be ok ? Its just then i need the carbon filter as well eh, its shit because wen i decided to start i was working and money wasnt a problem and i should have got all the kit in one go, but i didnt think i would enjoy it and get into it so much

I would run the extraction ducting over to the window if you can do it stealthily. Like I said, what I did was build a box surrounding the whole window and drill a big hole and attach ducting with a flange, so that the air is extracted out the window.

My concern with what you suggested is that the air will just circulate in the room and won't actually be forced out the window itself.

wat i meant was once i get the extract fan i can position it at the top of the cupboard and extract into the chimney and out into the atmosphere, i meant using the open window as a passive intake, or i could just open the window and run the flex into the base of the cupboard how does that sound?

wat i meant was once i get the extract fan i can position it at the top of the cupboard and extract into the chimney and out into the atmosphere, i meant using the open window as a passive intake,

Yes you can do this. But you should intake from the house, not the outside.

Extract into the chimney in the loft, intake from the room the cupboard is in.

Simply put, extract outside, intake air from the indoors.

right we got there at last, thats wat im going to do, wat are my chances of not using a carbon filter if it goes out the chimney? Its just ill be able to get the extract fan very soon but WILL have to wait a few wks for th filter, any way thanks for bearing with me i dont mean to sound dumb!! But i really appreciate all the advice i get som you and the others hers on bl cheers to you all

^ you can do it, but you're more likely to get caught than not.

People have been known to extract out the chimney and be all right towards the start of their grow, but one day walk home from work/college and find their whole street has taken on a strong smell of ganga, with people forming crouds trying to find the source.

In any grow, there's no compromising on carbon filters. You also should not skimp on the quality of your CF, as cheaper ones often don't even last one grow. I got one and after about three weeks it was as if it wasn't there.

^ you can do it, but you're more likely to get caught than not.

People have been known to extract out the chimney and be all right towards the start of their grow, but one day walk home from work/college and find their whole street has taken on a strong smell of ganga, with people forming crouds trying to find the source.

In any grow, there's no compromising on carbon filters. You also should not skimp on the quality of your CF, as cheaper ones often don't even last one grow. I got one and after about three weeks it was as if it wasn't there.

Agree if your not in compliance with the law take every precaution and dont be cheap. This is an expensive hobby but once you acquire all the necessary materials your good.

Status
Not open for further replies.