• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

plain pure white82% light reflection diffused, it is far superior to foil. foil will wrinkle and create burn spots, with HID lighting, white semi glossy poster board would work better, or painted ply wood, white plastic, or visqueen.

mylar is very cheap, did as reflective emergncy blankets at the dollar store, but also wrinkles and sharply dispurses light, at 90 +%, so wrap it tight around wood, walls, or thick cardboard and staple then tape.

white paint, or thick white plastic is easy to sanitize, and very effective, maybe more at the end of the day.

i run 24/7 veg, and have harvested plenty potent, but mediocre yields and vigor with fluro flowering, use a broad spectrum, side lighting, read about daisy chaining CFL'S, or put together as many 2-3' T8's as possible.

dint let what you have stop you from trying, learning, and seeing if you want to stick with it and save for a 400w HID, preferably with a MH/HPS capabilities.

learn the methods, mediums, others trial and errors with systems matching your needs. learn aeroponics and make an aerocloner, and chose one of the bunch to play with cloning.

after my crash course with nutrients, Earth Juice products are fairly priced, full of multiple organic or naturally sourced ingredients, complex ingredients naturally = complex smoke and happy plants/roots.

Canna is superior, essentially a 2 part, but with a line of fine supplements, that are rarely used but $$$.

Botanicare anything is a safe bet.

SuperThrive, high P jamaican batguano, worm castings, full spectrum PH drops, nitrozyme?, CocoCoir perfect CEC.

a 10 gallon rubbermade tote, a mid range pump, air pump medium bubble stone, digital timers, surge protectors, floor covering, ventilation, 10' 1/2'' inside diameter white vinyl tube, 2 spaghetti drippers for each pot/grow bag, a new zealand hydroponics PPM temp indicator, a 400w dual mh/hps ballast, a 400w hps ballast running one hps and one mh, with visqueen.

vegetating a simple home made ebb&flood, with 24/7 atleast 2000 lumens, will jump the right plants up fast and well and ready to flower in 5-6 weeks.
this is clean, efficient, economical, self serving, a large O & CO2 exchange, so easy and modifiable overtime. they both drip and E&F only run a few minutes a day, and if you take care of the rez, you wont be having to clean it out constantly, have a matching one, the more nutrient in the container the more stable it stays, try 3-5 gallons at a time, and adjust the PPM or EC each time.

Intresting. So you believe that 24/7 is better than 18/6?

I got together another light which brings me up to 46watts atm. working on getting more. I just germinated yesturday so I still have a day to figure it out.

Will 46 watts be enough to get them to sprout untill I get some cash to obuy a light fixture? (although my school gives me free light tubes, they dont supply the actual lamps)

defintiely get rid of the foil. order some mylar off the internet if you cant get it at stores.

Oh yes, True2Love, safety is your number 1 priority when growing. You need to buy a small fire extinguisher that can be used on all types of fires, including electrical ones. You also need to buy a smoke alarm (both types, i.e. an optical one and one that relies on ionisation), which should be stuck to the top of your grow tent using velcro or double-sided sticky tape and you should place your ballast, which can get quite hot anyway, onto a fire-proof surface such as a brick so that if it becomes faulty for whatever reason, it will not set the surface onto which it is placed on fire. These precautions are absolutely essential.

You also need to ensure that the circuit which the ballasts, lights etc are run off of can take the large current it draws, otherwise you'll trip the circuit breakers constantly which you don't want to happen.

Foggers can be bought from some electrical stores and work through using the piezoelectric effect to vibrate the water at such a high frequency that it produces a 'dry fog' with water droplets that are extremely small. If you aim a fan at the top it will disperse the fog quite evenly throughout the tent. You need to place the fogger onto a net pot used in hydro setups, which should be attached to a cut out piece of styrofoam to allow it to float on the top of the water. This will allow it to stay at the level of the water and prevent you from having to refil it constantly. If you use one or perhaps two of them they will increase the relative humidity just as effectively as the more expensive centrifugal foggers that costs hundreds of pounds! You can even use it with a hygrostat (which can be bought cheaply if you know where to look) to control the humidity accurately to within one or two percent. Increasing the relative humidity to optimum levels will increase your yield. Again, environment is key.

I would recommend you build a scrog net to fit your tent yourself as you are able to do that sort of thing as a carpenter. Make the squares about a couple of inches wide. Alternatively you can buy a Budbox utility shelf (don't get the curved one designed for scrogging, as ironically it doesn't work as well as the utility shelf) - they come in different sizes.

Last edited:
NSFW:
xyB52.jpg

Found this picture on 420chan, thought it would be relevant to this thread.

Last edited:
24/7 veg is debatable, 18/6 would be lesser.

the debate really would be between 24/7 vs 20/4.

you taking CFL'S?
i believe thats 90 lumens per watt, so that would be maybe 4100 lumens, blue light 6500 kelvin is what you want to vegetate, it has a lower lumen rating, but higher PAR (penetrating light), your lumens are cut in half after 12" distance.
you should reflect the light broadly if its a single bulb, or rotate the sprouts often to avoid stretching for the "hot spot", this is why 2 400w lamps us more efficient then a 1000w lamp, spread and positioning.

keep it back at first, then gradually closer, when they develop some true leafs, start pulling the light back slowly, causing them to easily reach for the sun.
;)
some say more blue light, medium humidity, a consistently moist temperate medium, and warmer temps promote more female hormones in seedlings.

try and get the skinnier tube fluros, namely T8, or T10 lights, these are considered VHO (very high out put) and are a standard for mothers, clones, seedlings, and vegetating...
metal halide though, even a 250 with florescent supplement lighting will have notable results in vegetation, and end especially flowering health, plant stature, and over all vigor. this is the active participative part, then while flowering everything comes to an anticipative stand still.
;)

CFL moguls become very hot, if you are electrically inclined then daisy channing them is very efficient and safe.

Since small ammounts of personal use marijuana has been decriminalised too grow in my state, I want to get right on it!

I grew outside for the last 3 seasons, last season with my best success yet. But unfortinatley in my time zone its winter =[

So, I decided too try my first indoor grow. I got a good spot, with foil on the walls for a 10% relfective value, a fan for ventilation, and everything else. The thing Im having a problem (well not quite sure of) is light.

I have as of right now a 13w flourlecent bulb, and a 20w flourlecent tube. Luckly the school I go to offers FREE unlimited flourlecent tubes. So I can get more at any time. Will 33 watts be okay too start me off with 4-5 small plants for the first month or so?

Also, I decided instead of 24/7 light for vegetative state to do to do a 18/6 light cycle after reading that some darkness allows the plant too grow. But the question I have is, when I decide too harvest do I just go from 18/6 straight too 12/12 or do I have too gradually bring it down over a period of time like in nature?

Thanks and god bless.

80 mg welcome to indoors :). I'm sure you'll love it.

33 will be enough to start 4-5 plants.( Actually you'll find that under 33 you could comfortably grow 4 girls until harvest = I know they'll tell you otherwise, but they also have stuff to sell you too ;)).

About light circle: when growing keep 14/10, 16/8, 18/6..., - 24/0 as you wish. In any case they'll grow as expected (they'll be no delay in growth or almost none).

When change to 12/12 circle you do it at once. Simply change your timers to 12/12 and that's it.

If you wish to know I'm using 1000 HPS in any of my growing areas (I have 4 of those) and limiting number of plants to 16-18 per area (depends). If you plan to grow more than 6 plants I would suggest to invest into HPS. Also, HPS will give you 1 week compared with FL and 2 weeks if you're using MH for growing phase.

Here's my girls in growing area #2 (whatever). 18 marygreen (my breed). They're sativa dominant and they're already 180cm high (in the 2nd week of flowering). Expecting harvest about January 10.

TCSfW.jpg

Last edited:
80 mg welcome to indoors :). I'm sure you'll love it.

33 will be enough to start 4-5 plants.( Actually you'll find that under 33 you could comfortably grow 4 girls until harvest = I know they'll tell you otherwise, but they also have stuff to sell you too ;)).

About light circle: when growing keep 14/10, 16/8, 18/6..., - 24/0 as you wish. In any case they'll grow as expected (they'll be no delay in growth or almost none).

When change to 12/12 circle you do it at once. Simply change your timers to 12/12 and that's it.

If you wish to know I'm using 1000 HPS in any of my growing areas (I have 4 of those) and limiting number of plants to 16-18 per area (depends). If you plan to grow more than 6 plants I would suggest to invest into HPS. Also, HPS will give you 1 week compared with FL and 2 weeks if you're using MH for growing phase.

Here's my girls in growing area #2 (whatever). 18 marygreen (my breed). They're sativa dominant and they're already 180cm high (in the 2nd week of flowering). Expecting harvest about January 10.

TCSfW.jpg

Just smoked a big bowl of hash I'm like O.O now, lmao. Just saying that incase anyone sees me writing a little weirdd =D

Anyway. thanks for the warm welcome into the indoor scen and I welcome you to the BL scene and can already tell your going to be a valuable addition.

Ya see, I figured you could start off comftoarbley with a small amount of wattage! I use to date this chick who had a friend we'll call Jeff. Jeff had a lovely little plant named Becca. She was a Indica and he just had a basic lamp pointed at her. I mean I didn't know this crap back then so I really didn't bother checking the wattage and all that but he didnt seem too know much either so I'm sure it was a basic bulb similar to what I have.

So yeah, luckly anyway I found another tube in my basement so that bring my wattage up too 48 (20 + 15 + 13).

I'm not sure of al lthe lingo yet, whats this HPS bulb I should invest in?

BTW: Your babies look Beautiful =]

Just smoked a big bowl of hash I'm like O.O now, lmao. Just saying that incase anyone sees me writing a little weirdd =D

Anyway. thanks for the warm welcome into the indoor scen and I welcome you to the BL scene and can already tell your going to be a valuable addition.

Ya see, I figured you could start off comftoarbley with a small amount of wattage! I use to date this chick who had a friend we'll call Jeff. Jeff had a lovely little plant named Becca. She was a Indica and he just had a basic lamp pointed at her. I mean I didn't know this crap back then so I really didn't bother checking the wattage and all that but he didnt seem too know much either so I'm sure it was a basic bulb similar to what I have.

So yeah, luckly anyway I found another tube in my basement so that bring my wattage up too 48 (20 + 15 + 13).

I'm not sure of al lthe lingo yet, whats this HPS bulb I should invest in?

BTW: Your babies look Beautiful =]

OK, if you're growing severall plants fl will do well = no need to invest more. If you're planing to grow more than maybe 8, than consider upgrading to hps = high pressure sodium). Look on google. In which case you alredy have 48W for breeding station or whatever.

OK, if you're growing severall plants fl will do well = no need to invest more. If you're planing to grow more than maybe 8, than consider upgrading to hps = high pressure sodium). Look on google. In which case you alredy have 48W for breeding station or whatever.

Okay, got it. Final two questions. Is the foil okay for reflective value or should i get something else as suggested? And what are the type of light rays good for vegetating, and flowering? (color wise like red,blue etc).

That's extremely useful Roose. Thanks for posting that.

It would be great if someone could do a little experiment to try and help others, by artificially inducing nutrient deficiencies with tailor made nutrients and photographing the results so that people have a better reference to look at instead of diagrams.

I think a lot of the time people over analyse their nutrient deficiencies however, and prematurely jump to conclusions about what the issue might be. Sometimes when they subsequently try and treat the problem they only make the problem worse and fall into a d spiral until their plants die on them. 90% of the time, if they have a good nutrient all they need to do is give the plant a feed or up the dosage. Some nutrients, like Biobizz' organic range (with the exception of fishmix which is excellent), will reliably produce nutrient deficiencies anyway since they're inherently shit and so the obvious option is to change to a different nutrient manufacturer.

20/4 has been shown to be better than 18/6 and both 18/6 and 20/4 are definitely better than 24/0. The plants need a dark period to function properly and 'sleep' in layman's terms.

A desk fan is not proper ventilation. You need powerful inline fans to extract the air from the grow room, preferrably outside and possibly another smaller fan to intake air. The size of inlne fan you need depends on the size of your room and the power of your lights. Tin foil, surprisingly, is not very reflective at all. Ideally you need mylar or failing that, matt white paint on the walls.

OP, no offence, but I would recommend doing a bit more reading before you take the risk of growing. Indoor growing requires quite a bit of an investment of time, money and effort.

Anything above 125W of fluorescent lights starts to become not worth it. 125W is only really suited to vegging a couple/a few plants or either keeping mums in a permanent vegetative stage or starting cuttings or seedlings. For proper growing you need a minimum of 250W HID for flowering at least, but prefferably for vegging as well. A metal halide HID is best for vegging and an HPS is best for flowering, although it can be used for vegging if you so wish, however it can cause a bit of stretch. To run an HID you need a ballast (I would go for a magnetic one personally, since I've not seen much evidence that they're much less efficient than digital ballasts, although bulbs will potentially last longer with a digi ballast). To switch it on and off you'll need a contactor and a segmental timer.

By the way, T5 or T8 fluorescents are a lot more efficient than CFLs. Also, CFLs give off more heat per watt than HIDs (don't let anyone tell you otherwise). Both CFLs and linear fluorescents are a lot less efficient than HIDs, which is why above 125W is not really worth it IMO.

Last edited:
20/4 has been shown to be better than 18/6 and both 18/6 and 20/4 are definitely better than 24/0. The plants need a dark period to function properly and 'sleep' in layman's terms.

A desk fan is not proper ventilation. You need powerful inline fans to extract the air from the grow room, preferrably outside and possibly another smaller fan to intake air. The size of inlne fan you need depends on the size of your room and the power of your lights. Tin foil, surprisingly, is not very reflective at all. Ideally you need mylar or failing that, matt white paint on the walls.

OP, no offence, but I would recommend doing a bit more reading before you take the risk of growing. Indoor growing requires quite a bit of an investment of time, money and effort.

Anything above 125W of fluorescent lights starts to become not worth it. 125W is only really suited to vegging a couple/a few plants or either keeping mums in a permanent vegetative stage or starting cuttings or seedlings. For proper growing you need a minimum of 250W HID for flowering at least, but prefferably for vegging as well. A metal halide HID is best for vegging and an HPS is best for flowering, although it can be used for vegging if you so wish, however it can cause a bit of stretch. To run an HID you need a ballast (I would go for a magnetic one personally, since I've not seen much evidence that they're much less efficient than digital ballasts, although bulbs will potentially last longer with a digi ballast). To switch it on and off you'll need a contactor and a segmental timer.

By the way, T5 or T8 fluorescents are a lot more efficient than CFLs. Also, CFLs give off more heat per watt than HIDs (don't let anyone tell you otherwise). Both CFLs and linear fluorescents are a lot less efficient than HIDs, which is why above 125W is not really worth it IMO.

Exactly...

BUT

we're talking here as a accomplished growers = no good.

80 mg is not a grower, so help him to start. Here's an idea:

80 mg, you have 48 Watts of light and that's all you need to start. Germinate some seeds and place younglings under those 48 W = awesome. When they grow enough switch them to 12/12. Feed them well and don't overfeed them. Grow, harvest and you'll end with the most awesome buds of all of the = one that you grow yourself.

And then, how your hobby grows, your knowledge will grow appropriately. :)

Am I seriously reading that 48 watts is enough to grow a few plants out untill harvest? Sure it's possible I guess if your after crap result's:\

Exactly...

BUT

80 mg, you have 48 Watts of light and that's all you need to start. Germinate some seeds and place younglings under those 48 W = awesome. When they grow enough switch them to 12/12. Feed them well and don't overfeed them. Grow, harvest and you'll end with the most awesome buds of all of the = one that you grow yourself.

Sorry I don't understand. I thought I was helping him with the advice I gave? All I meant was that it would be sensible to not get too excited and jump into it before he's ready. That's all. If he starts off with this little light he probably wouldn't have enough time to buy all the equipment for his grow, unless he's already got the money etc. I think it would be wise for him to wait, do some reading and buy all that he needs first, and then when he's truly ready, go for it.

Wise, I don't really think 48W is enough to go from start to finish to be honest. Even for a micro grow it's pushing it and you'll get hardly anything, so if you're doing this you may as well just buy it from a good dealer in my opinion! I mean 48W is like only two energy saving CFL bulbs that you might use in a lamp to light a room.

Last edited:

Exactly...

BUT

Am I seriously reading that 48 watts is enough to grow a few plants out untill harvest? Sure it's possible I guess if your after crap result's:\

Sorry I don't understand. I thought I was helping him with the advice I gave? All I meant was that it would be sensible to not get too excited and jump into it before he's ready. That's all. If he starts off with this little light he probably wouldn't have enough time to buy all the equipment for his grow, unless he's already got the money etc. I think it would be wise for him to wait, do some reading and buy all that he needs first, and then when he's truly ready, go for it.

Wise, I don't really think 48W is enough to go from start to finish to be honest. Even for a micro grow it's pushing it and you'll get hardly anything, so if you're doing this you may as well just buy it from a good dealer in my opinion! I mean 48W is like only two energy saving CFL bulbs that you might use in a lamp to light a room.

Okay, after reading everytihng I believe I got what to do.

I'm going too start off the first 2-3 weeks with the 48w. I do believe it wil lbe good for this little time. As the plants start too get bigger Im going too convert too a 250W HID light grow system too make them bigger. I dont believe a 48w power supply would make good buds but I do believe it'll get the job done for time being.

As for the ventiliation system, I'm going too have a big fan pumping out and a little one pumping in.

Now I'm wondering, whats a Co2 system?

Okay, after reading everytihng I believe I got what to do.

I'm going too start off the first 2-3 weeks with the 48w. I do believe it wil lbe good for this little time. As the plants start too get bigger Im going too convert too a 250W HID light grow system too make them bigger. I dont believe a 48w power supply would make good buds but I do believe it'll get the job done for time being.

As for the ventiliation system, I'm going too have a big fan pumping out and a little one pumping in.

Now I'm wondering, whats a Co2 system?

Funnily enough, I have a 48W Lightwave T5 light which is more efficient and therefore brighter than CFLs of this wattage. I only really find it useful for up to a week from germinating the seeds. It will keep them alive though I suppose.

In future a 250W light is good for propagating your seeds and can be used from start to finish. I would only do a few plants under it though if I were in your shoes.

When you say a 'big fan' what do you mean? Do you have any sizes in mind?

With respect, I would strongly advise you to forget about the CO2 system for now as you won't get any benefit from it until you've had some experience growing. I'm not sure if you're aware of the costs of all of this (never mind the CO2, I'm talking about everything else). CO2 itself costs a fortune and wouldn't be worth it for you at this stage. Try not to jump ahead of yourself and take it one step at a time. You need to get the basics set up.

How much do you have to spend on your grow?

Funnily enough, I have a 48W Lightwave T5 light which is more efficient and therefore brighter than CFLs of this wattage. I only really find it useful for up to a week from germinating the seeds. It will keep them alive though I suppose.

In future a 250W light is good for propagating your seeds and can be used from start to finish. I would only do a few plants under it though if I were in your shoes.

When you say a 'big fan' what do you mean? Do you have any sizes in mind?

With respect, I would strongly advise you to forget about the CO2 system for now as you won't get any benefit from it until you've had some experience growing. I'm not sure if you're aware of the costs of all of this (never mind the CO2, I'm talking about everything else). CO2 itself costs a fortune and wouldn't be worth it for you at this stage. Try not to jump ahead of yourself and take it one step at a time. You need to get the basics set up.

How much do you have to spend on your grow?

I did the research. I appreciate your concern for m getting into something I may not be able to afford. But I got it. I believe the 5-600 I have is enough too get me started.

this is an incredible compilation of stuff that is useful to growers of all skill levels. It will save you money and give you tons of ideas. I strongly encourage EVERYBODY to read through all the links and check out the ones that you find interesting.

I italicized and underlined the links that had information that i put into effect in my own grow.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

follow the link to get to the links that follow

MAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA (Now a Sticky!)
Compiled by Pontiac, Bounty29 and other ICmag Members

Complete for now, but please post more links...

This is a thread dedicated to all DIY (Do It Yourself) projects and tutorials posted by ICMAG members. Please post any link that consists of a DIY project/tutorial, and i'll add it to the main list.

============================== ====================

Link Count = 206

Cabinet/Small Closet/Tent/μCab Construction & Setup

* Tick's Sogg'n Box (Parts 1-4) Full Construction (Pontiac & Tick)
* New Ganja Boy's All in One μCab (Gantz & NGB)
* The Mills Pride Club (Sumo and Millspride Cab Users)
* Killabrown's 400w Tent (Killabrown420)
* DIY extend-a-closet GROW TENT (synthacide)
* Rubbermaid Tub Grow Boxes (Ambre)
* 250watt Stealth Medical Cabinet (TheGhost)
* "Monolith" Style Vegbox (Latitude18)
* Jumbo Stealth Grow [Multiple cabs] (badgr)
* 150w Tiny Bubbler System (Pipedream)
* DIY Flowering Cab; DIY Veg Cab (ShroomDr)
* DIY Rubbermaid Grow Tub (Red_Greenery)
* $60.00 4x4x6.5 Flowering Chamber [Tent] (OHenry)
* NGB style grow box [Very Detailed] (NOKUY)
* Sugabear's Den [Multiple Cabinet Construction] (sugabear_II)
* Yet Another NGB Style Cab [With Cool Tube] (DiscoDuck)
* Step by Step Stealth Rubbermaid Grow Tub (Blue_adept)
* Stealth Dresser Cabinet Construction (SativaDreams)
* Yet Another Stealth Dresser Cabinet (OldTimers)
* Very Detailed Stealth Dresser Chest Construction (justanotherbozo)
* Budget Grow Box Construction (hermanshooltz)
* Tick Style Sogg'n Box (cellardweller)
* Complete Mini-Fridge Cabinet Build (disfunktional)
* Stealth 600w All-in-One Metal Cab + Sound Dampening (FullMetalJacket)
* Hoover of Green: Genius Vacuum Cleaner μCab (tpyn)

Electrical/Other Utilities

* DIY Flip Flop... or Electrical Light Mover (The Dopest)
* DIY Flip-Flop (kung pow!!!)
* DIY Thermostatic Fan Speed Controller (Harry Gypsna)
* How to Save $100 per Month on Your Electric Bill (nUt_jOb)
* Thermostat Controlled Outlets (The Dopest)
* DIY CO2 PPM Controller (bartender187)
* Plug n' Play Flip Flop Step by Step (00420)

Grow Room/Large Closet Setup

* Framing to Finish 5400W Med-Grow (irie-i)
* Multiple room setup [God knows how many watts...] (sonoma)
* Underground Bunker; 2000w CoolTube Setup (BudBunker)
* 3 Rooms 4200w Recirculating Deep Water Culture (blazeoneup)
* Detailed Stealth and Hidden Grow Room Setup (blazeoneup)
* Large Closet Setup and Diary (bartender187)
* Step by Step Grow Closet Construction (ShantiShiva)
* Stealth Insulated Attic Build (Bender)
* Alumminum Grow Shed for Mother Plants (MrDanky)
* 16KW Commercial Setup from Start to Finish (micro gro)
* Another 16KW Setup [Basement] (LazyMan)

Harvesting/Drying/Curing/Processing

* $31.00 Speed Dryer (OGrefugee)
* Very quick, quick dry method (StayHigh149)
* Hash processing method (vhGhost)
* Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps (Haschishin)
* Cheap DIY Drying Trunk (BonsaiGrower)
* BHO for Dummies [Use Extreme Caution!] (Chiefsmokingbud)
* Hash Making Tutorial (Chiefsmokingbud)
* Oldtimer1's Homebuilt Hash Press - OG Save (Blynx & Oldtimer1)
* SCW's DIY Skuff Tumbler - OG Save (Blynx & SCW)
* DIY Bubble Buckets (smily)
* Watering Curing Tutorial (Texas Kid)
* Step-by-Step: Ice Hash (Rolling_Stoned)
* "Bolt Hash" Processing Technique (Pactivist)
* Hash Press for Under 20 Bucks (Pipedream)
* Peat's DIY Tumbler (Peat)
* Beer Bottle BHO (Maximo)
* Famous Showtime Rotisserie Converted to Hash Tumbler (doobieduck)
* Peat's DIY Trimming Machine (Peat)
* A Perfect Cure Every Time (simon)

Hydroponic Related

* DIY Res Chiller (The Dopest)
* Clean up a Dirty Res (The Dopest)
* Tools for Easy Res Draining (doobieornot2be & Others)
* TAG - Landing (Resource for True Aero Growing) (POD RACER)
* Budget DIY Res Chiller (dr. umido)
* How to Make a PVC Dripper Manifold (pico)
* Cheap Water Filtration System (Pipedream)
* DIY Simple Runoff Tables (smurfin'herb)

Hydroponic System Construction

* One for the newbs: cheap and simple hydro, but very effective (Dr. D)
* Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial (Blazonup)
* Multiflow Ebb n' Flow System (GoldDustWomen)
* DIY Cabinet Size Ebb & Flow (northcoastmed)
* BigTokes ~ "How-To" Of The Bio-Buckets 101 (Bigtoke)
* Vertical octagon diy parts list and how to guide (El Blastido)
* DIY Vertical Cooler System (GoldDustWomen)
* DIY Aeroponic tutorial. plus a 4 strain grow (Tbug)
* Gutters: more then just rain management [NFT] (fuzygrowth)
* DIY mobile ebb and flow (fuzygrowth)
* Vertical Areo [Page 6 for construction pics] (betterboy)
* DIY Ebb and Flow $50! Instructions Step by Step (Levitikuz)
* DIY Ebb & Grow / Multi-Flow Controller Tutorial (OgreSeeker)
* Krypto's Ultimate Controller (Krypto)
* Unique and Simple Ebb & Flow System (Anima)
* DIY Fiberglass Reinforced E&F Table (kaljukajakas)
* Aeroponics Tutorial (Pirate)
* Scalable Recirculating SWC System (Blunt69)
* DIY Aeroponics Kit (lurkmaster)
* Under Current Culture System Construction (overbudjet)

Lighting/Reflectivity

* Tick's $15 Batwing Reflector (StankBud & Tick)
* DIY CoolTube [Lantern/Lamp Shade Type] (User Name)
* DIY CoolTube [Glass Cylinder/Corning Bake-a-Round Type] (Lemon)
* ~DIY~ Octagonal Reflector (Pontiac & Unknown OG member)
* Convert a Low bay/security HID into a remote ballast growlight (Harry Gypsna)
* converting a home security light into a remote ballast grow light [the OG FAQ] (SugarBear_II)
* 150w HPS Club [OG continuation] (pipedream and others)
* 400w Light Club (Young Giver and others)
* Converting an HPS Ballast into a Switchable MH/HPS Ballast (northcoastmed)
* Excellent DIY Aircooled Reflector (I2KanGrow)
* MrE's Compact Hood with Integral Light Trap - OG Save (Blynx & Mr. E)
* Homemade HPS reflector for under $10 USD - OG Save (Blynx & Slowhand)
* My Kick Ass Hood Design - OG Save (Blynx & Y_Not_Bud)
* Homemade Air-Cooled Reflector - OG Save (Blynx & Just A Tree)
* Air-cooled Hood for HPS-150 Construction - OG Save (Blynx & Chpon)
* Designing an Air-Cooled Reflector - OG Save (Blynx & Jackerspackle)
* Building a Floro Tube Setup - DIY (bounty29)
* DIY – 400w MH Ballast Kit! (Rolling_Stoned)
* DIY light trap (Blue_adept)
* DIY CoolTube + Reflector [Lantern/Lamp Shade Type] (Quazi)
* DIY Reflector on the Cheap (hoosierdaddy)
* Wiring TG11 Socket Remote CFL Lamps (Hydro-Soil)
* DIY HID/CFL Combination Reflector (Cozy Amnesia)
* Massive 8ft 624w CFL Hood/Reflector (Elite)
* Fluorescents in Overdrive (DrunkenMessiah)
* Vertical CoolTube Design [Lamp Shade Type] (hoosierdaddy)
* DIY Remote Ballast 42w CFL (grouchy)

Miscellaneous

* 1Toke's DIY Tinkerer's lounge (1TokeRedeux)
* Thermocouple Replacement Tutorial [for CO2 generators] (irie-i)
* DIY - Emergency Pipe Repair (Ordinary Joe)
* DIY Sulfur Burner for Dummies (Pirate)
* Homemade CO2 Injection System (superpedro)

Nutrient Formulas

* How to Make Your Own Nutrient Solutions (sproutco)
* LUCAS Formula (Lucas)
* Lucas Formula Modified for Coco Medium (Grat3fulh3ad)
* Approximate Lucas Formula for DRY GH Nutes (Octavian)

Odor Control

* DIY pro style carbon filter (RM - aquagrower & SunIsShining)
* Simple Scrubber (Haps)
* Build a Carbon Scrubber For Dummies (DurbanPoison)
* Vaportek [Not DIY but an excellent odor control device] (Rezdog and others)
* Panasonic Whisper Fan Carbon Scrubber (Bulénath)
* Micro Carbon Scrubber (sugabear_II)
* $30 DIY Carbon Filter (bounty29 & Ryoko)
* How to Turn a Hepa Filter into a Carbon Scrubber (brainthor)
* How to Turn a Duct Silencer into a Carbon Filter (manitu)

Outdoors Related

* Outdoor Stealth Trash Can ScrOG (NOKUY)
* Making Cages to Keep Animals Away from Plants (JJScorpio)
* Dirt Cheap & Easy Greenhouse (hanuman)

Paraphernalia Related

* Blunt Rolling Tutorial (R.I.P. Overgrow)
* Simple Bong Builds for Under $12 [w/ built-in diffusers] (TBug)
* Make a Glass Diffuser w/ 2 Tools You Probably Have (Shafto)
* How to Make a Wood Ganja Pipe (in Ten Easy Steps) (Endo)
* Poorman's Herb Grinder (Ordinary Joe)
* CannaCrisps: Edible Kief Laced Treats (Pipedream)
* How to Make a Bamboo Bong (DiscoBiscuit)

Photography/Microscopy

* Radioshack Microscope (Double_gulp and others)
* How to Build a Light Box for Shooting Buds [Brilliant!] (M0nkey)
* DIY SuperMacro lens for under $10 (clowntown)

Propagation

* Germination Tips (Big Bud Bear & ICmag members)
* DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps (KingRalph)
* How to Make a Cloner for FREE [Very Effective] (Pontiac)
* A cheap hydro cloner (Flowerman)
* Cheap-ass wick cloner/seedling grower for 4 starter plugs (SugarBear_II)
* Micro Bubble Cloner (POMH)
* DIY Fogger Cloner (fuzygrowth)
* $40, 80W 4-ft fluoro mother and clone tent (OGpurp)
* Step by step bubble cloner set up [good for newb cloners] (Cortez)
* Super Cheap Mass Cloner (Grat3fulH3ad)
* ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS [OG recovery] (guerilla1018)
* Make a Cloner for Almost Nothing (budleydoright)
* UltraSonic Fog Cloner (Merman)
* Bubble Cloner for Micro Growers (Thundurkel)
* Post Your DIY Cloner [Tons of DIY Cloners!] (ICmag Members)
* Step by Step Power Cloner (Rumpleforeskin)
* Cloners- a collection of various methods (FreezerBoy)

Soil/Soil-less Related

* Moonshine mix (mysta177 & Moonshineman)
* Unofficial Coco Coir Growers Thread (Coco Nuts & others)
* Various Soil Mixes (Fredster and others)
* MrSoul's Soiless Mix & MrSoul's Guano Tea (I.M. Boggled & MrSoul)
* Build Your Own Worm Bin (gramsci.antonio)
* Homemade Grow Bags (blynx)
* Dirt Cheap Worm Bin (ehonda187)

Training/Breeding/Nursing

* The Complete guide to Sick Plants (MyNameStitch)
* DIY Modular PVC SCROG trellis (pico)
* How to Reveg (medicaluser420)
* DIY Colloidal Silver Generator [For Seed Feminization] (PhenoMenal)
* Male Isolation Chamber (JLP)
* An Overview of Cannabis Training (Quazi)
* Understanding the Art of LST (Quazi)
* A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning (Kodiak)
* How To Store Seeds for Years (EmpireSeeds)
*LST and Prune for No Popcorn (simon)

Ventilation/Atmosphere Control

* DIY CoolTube (User Name)
* Stanley Blower Fan Mod [250cfm+ for under $50] (The Dopest)
* Air cooled lights: the right way (badmf)
* DIY Vent Fan Muffler (treehuggers)
* Ultra Cheap Exhaust Fan [$10] (Ordinary Joe)
* Venting Through a Roof (The Mole)
* How to Make an AC Box (JJScorpio)
* DIY Humidifier/Chiller for Small Grows (jcj77d)
* DIY Mini AC for Cabinets (kelimmo)
* Crash Course in Airflow (hoosierdaddy)
* Exhaust Muffler from Recycled Shipping Materials (TroubleGuy)
* Ventilation 101 (redgreenry)
* Soler & Palau 100x Wiring Guide (KickNader)
* Fan Vent Muffler for Micro Setups (Cozy Amnesia)
* DIY DarkRoom Louvers (ScrubNinja)
* DIY Fan Muffler with O3 Generator (kovenant & Nubie Biatch)

Other Link Compilation Threads

* Compilation of Designs and Construction Journals (bounty29)
* Links To ScrOG Grows (Underground Man)
* Salvaged Original OverGrow GrowFAQ [outside of icmag.com] (Drugs-Forum.com)
* International Cannagraphic FYI Thread Links [Valuable Info] (I.M. Boggled)
* Overgrow Document Collation [Downloadable File] (shithappens)

Cheap DIY Grow Supplies

* Affordable and Durable Ebb & Flow/Drip/NFT Trays [Various Sizes] (Pontiac)
* Super Strong and Cheap Net-Pot Alternative for DWC [Locally Available] (Pontiac)

Last edited:
I did the research. I appreciate your concern for m getting into something I may not be able to afford. But I got it. I believe the 5-600 I have is enough too get me started.

Well that's not really the main point. CO2 isn't really suitable for beginners. Concentrate on getting your grow setup first and once you find you can grow, then consider CO2. CO2 is prohibitively expensive, since it's not just the CO2 system you need. You would also need an air conditioning system, a dehumidifier along with ventilation (not on all the time obviously) your grow light and everything else. And if you're using only a 250W light then you wouldn't really want CO2 anyway. Just buy a bigger light if you really want more yield.

Trust me, unless you've got your grow dialed in, you won't benefit. People don't usually have everything dialed in and do everything perfectly the first, second and even the third grow often. So, until you're getting a gram or more per watt, you wouldn't even want to consider getting CO2.

I don't think you would be able to afford a decent CO2 system on top of everything with that amount of money anyway (although again, that's not my main point).

I think you need to read up on growing a bit more and hang around for more advice before you even consider getting CO2.