• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Well that's not really the main point. CO2 isn't really suitable for beginners. Concentrate on getting your grow setup first and once you find you can grow, then consider CO2. CO2 is prohibitively expensive, since it's not just the CO2 system you need. You would also need an air conditioning system, a dehumidifier along with ventilation (not on all the time obviously) your grow light and everything else. And if you're using only a 250W light then you wouldn't really want CO2 anyway. Just buy a bigger light if you really want more yield.

Trust me, unless you've got your grow dialed in, you won't benefit. People don't usually have everything dialed in and do everything perfectly the first, second and even the third grow often. So, until you're getting a gram or more per watt, you wouldn't even want to consider getting CO2.

I don't think you would be able to afford a decent CO2 system on top of everything with that amount of money anyway (although again, that's not my main point).

I think you need to read up on growing a bit more and hang around for more advice before you even consider getting CO2.

Ite. i got about a half pound this past growing season but that was outdoor.

Growing outdoors is completely different to growing indoors though mate. It's just not the same unfortunately.

It sounds as if you're going to just do what you like regardless of what I say though. So all I can tell you is good luck.

Last edited:
Ite. i got about a half pound this past growing season but that was outdoor.

Growing outdoors is completely different to growing indoors though mate. It's just not the same unfortunately.

It sounds as if you're going to just do what you like regardless of what I say though. So all I can tell you is good luck.

Lol. All I said was ite and agknoledged the fact that outdoors is diffrent. Bit nasty arent we?

Nasty? I'm not trying to be nasty. If I wanted to be nasty I would have worded it quite differently. I guess you don't appreciate all the advice I've given you in this thread then? I bothered to type out all I typed because I wanted to help mate. If I didn't I wouldn't have bothered.

nasty like a fox!

great resource arob. thanks for that :D

I haven't seen that brand but have made a ghetto version. It works pretty well.....but I hate hydro so meh :p

great!!! glad to see that there is a section of this on the site....

working on my mates new 2m x 3m x 2m box..... love it. hopefully get some nice northern lights ladies

quick question, what's the best medium to use with an ebb and flow? my friend just bought a system as he is my caregiver.

also, any preference on timers? i know its not the biggest deal but i was curious.

Am I seriously reading that 48 watts is enough to grow a few plants out untill harvest? Sure it's possible I guess if your after crap result's:\

OK, these 3 girls are under 62W (actually it's 6 but 3 are somewhere else at the moment and will be back in 2-3 days). Girls were pollinated yesterday. The best part is that they never had more of 8 hours of daylight in 24 hours circle = they're 7 weeks old.

People believe so much of what they read on the internet, and 90% of it is crap. Sure it's possible to do quality grow under low light and with just few hours of daylight, if you know what you're doing and have a reason to do it.

And now you know :)

ukvES.jpg

Last edited:
If your gonna spend the money on a 250W HID system..you might as well spend just a little bit more and get a 400W set-up, it will be much better in the long run. Before I went to a 600W, I used a 400W MH for veg & 400W HPS for flower for about 3 years, then switched to the 600. Your money would be better spent..believe me. You can get nice big healthy plants and nice size buds with a 400W..600W is obviously better, but I think you will be wishing you went with a 400W from the start if you go with a 250W..

BTW-True2Life...growing in soil will yield plenty. It has more to do with knowing what your babies need and providing it when they need it, instead of when you feel like getting around to caring for them. It takes practice and patience.

true and true, i kept buying different lights trying to make it work.

but finally got a switchable 400w, and 400w hps.

vegetating with fluro, then flowering with hps is recommended, a 400w veg, into a 400w with extra spectrum from fluro is great, 400w mh with varied fluro for veg, into 400w mh and 400w hps for flowering is massive... going 400w into 600w is massive aswell, but some prefer how personal you can get with 400s and a dual spectrum... you will end up, hopefully ;) with some like variation of one of these systems...

Bato Buckets are hard to get in the fukin states,,, my landlord breeds roses, and has the PVC drain stand for large buckets,,, but i need to mail order them, my local wonderful hydro shop has Bato products, but not the damn Bato buckets!!! lol

yeah i neeed those things... ;)
i run a "substrate system" without them though. bags or 5 gal in a large thick plastic box, there is rarely any run off.

You cant see the pics that I posted as NSFW ? They if you look at the lower leaf(s) you can see they are looking sick, that was 12 hours before I took the last photo I posted, so, its getting worse, and quickly, I personally don't have a camera but my g/f , What kinda pic are you looking for? , I thought the NFSW and the last pic woulda cleared it up

And feeding very lightly.
So Deficincy? Give em a good dose of Grow Big?

It seems the girls lack nitrogen + they're overfeed. Find something with high N and low P and K, make solution and apply foliary = spray them. They'll recover in less than 24 hours. Try to feed every 2 watering and use about half fertilizer less than you use now.

Last edited:
OK, these 3 girls are under 62W (actually it's 6 but 3 are somewhere else at the moment and will be back in 2-3 days). Girls were pollinated yesterday. The best part is that they never had more of 8 hours of daylight in 24 hours circle = they're 7 weeks old.

People believe so much of what they read on the internet, and 90% of it is crap. Sure it's possible to do quality grow under low light and with just few hours of daylight, if you know what you're doing and have a reason to do it.

And now you know :)

ukvES.jpg

If you're growing normal cannabis, you can't veg on less than 15 hours a day, as they'll start to go straight into flower. So, this would limit your yield to start off with.

Also, you cannot get more than about 50g of bud with a 62W light, which is a hell of a lot less than a 600W light for example, which can give you 600g or more, ten times the amount your light can produce. Most people struggle to get a gram per watt on HIDs, so you wouldn't be able to achieve this with fluoros at all.

Also, HPS lights piss all over any fluorescent light in flowering and MH or HPS also piss over fluorescents for veg as well. Although, as I said, you can veg with fluoros, technology has moved on mate. I'm not sure what you're talking about to be honest.

I'm not going to dick around, the idea that you can do a good grow on 'low light' a 'few hours of light' is rediculous. And I don't care how many photos you post.

I apologise if the tone of my post seems harsh. It's just that I find it irritating that somebody can come along who is obviously clueless about the issue and say that I'll believe anything I read on the internet. Not only is it ironic, but it's potentially damaging as newbies might come along and believe what you say.

Last edited:
true and true, i kept buying different lights trying to make it work.

but finally got a switchable 400w, and 400w hps.

vegetating with fluro, then flowering with hps is recommended, a 400w veg, into a 400w with extra spectrum from fluro is great, 400w mh with varied fluro for veg, into 400w mh and 400w hps for flowering is massive... going 400w into 600w is massive aswell, but some prefer how personal you can get with 400s and a dual spectrum... you will end up, hopefully ;) with some like variation of one of these systems...

Bato Buckets are hard to get in the fukin states,,, my landlord breeds roses, and has the PVC drain stand for large buckets,,, but i need to mail order them, my local wonderful hydro shop has Bato products, but not the damn Bato buckets!!! lol

yeah i neeed those things... ;)
i run a "substrate system" without them though. bags or 5 gal in a large thick plastic box, there is rarely any run off.

But you can make the Bato Buckets really easily yourself if you know how.

Also, Krusty buckets are great. Krusty, the guy who invented them, was a very talented grower. He used to grow plants with colas bigger than a 2L coke bottle! He went against the grain somewhat, and advocated high humidity flowering. Although this causes some budrot, yields are a lot higher, so that the amount of usable cannabis you get overall when you remove mouldy bud is greater than if you had used a dehumidifier and is much cheaper since they're expensive to run. The guy also used to avoid using reflectors and would position his plants around the lights so the incident rays shine on the plants without being reflected. This seemed to be a more efficient setup and it showed in his grows. Too bad they guy kept acting like a dick and getting himself banned by all the forums =D

Here is a photo!
20723d1234913697-krusty-buckets-krusty1.jpg

Last edited:
^
looks about right, hah, is that G13 by chance?

i could make them yes, and will make a stand/run-off for six large buckets eventually, but want the real deal for some things.
aeroponic stuff is fun to experiment with, endless variations... and gadgets.
;)

^ I can't quite remember to be honest!

If you're going to go down the aeroponics route, definitely go for a DIY aeroflow type system. They're dead easy to build and will work just as well as a system costing hundreds of pounds/dollars.

The amazon system is cool, but the DIY type of system I'm talking about is much better. I can give you plans/instructions if you want.

"Site PRUNE 2010"

I guess this grow thread really did take off!! lulz