• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
I would get pissed if someone brought their dog onto my lawn, for one.. it would drive my dogs nuts, and for two.. it's just rude... You wouldn't walk onto my lawn and shit.. so what makes it ok for your dog to do it?

My dogs are very well trained and do not go on other people's lawns.

ETA: I had a problem similar to this, a neighbor that lives down the road would let her Giant Poodle pee on my lawn, that dogs piss was ruining my lawn, turning my grass white in spots. I told her politely a few times to cut it out.. till I had to yell... Now her dog doesn't piss in my lawn.

Oh, come on. So where does your dog poop/pee? On the sidewalk?

Here's my reasoning as to why I DO let my dog walk on people's lawns:

1. So much concrete can be bad for their paws. It scrapes away at the padding (yes, it helps trim their nails, but it can be painful on the dog's feet after a while, so they enjoy being able to walk on grass).
2. I don't care if your dog walks on my lawn for reason number one. Just pick up your dog's leavings and don't throw your cigarette butts on my lawn.
3. So myself and my dog are only allowed to walk on (ooooh, I'm so scared) YOUR privately owned, God-sacred property if we're coming to visit you? Why are you even getting angry to begin with? I'm not planting bombs. The grass is left the same way as when my dog walked onto it.

If your grass is seriously dying in places where THAT dog pees, ask your neighbor to walk the dog in the other direction, or, if you live in a circle, not to pass by your house first, sometimes. Tell her it's killing your lawn and that you'd like for your grass to be healthy.

Last edited:
IDK what you mean? Like you walking onto someones lawn a good 10 feet or just letting your dog walk a foot away from you along side striding on the grass? If its the latter then your community must be full of dicks or old serious lawn care takers. I would be annoyed if someone came really far onto my lawn for no reason because like someone else stated it would get my dogs riled up but if the dog shit on my lawn I would appreciate they pick it up even though then I still don't care. Lawns don't matter to me that much though. If someone took the time to come outside to tell me to move my dog on the sidewalk like its actually something you can do(my dog would just get walking by my side anyways)without training, I would tell 'em their a dick and they should spend more time caring about other people than there lawn and the horrifying paw prints my dog leaves.....

Walk? Yes. Pee/poo? Not if I can avoid it.

But I haven't walked a dog in a while so...

Oh, and eff uptight suburbanites. If your lawn is so precious to you, put up a bloody fence.

man. this lady walks her dog around my neighborhood...constantly. but she doesnt just walk her dog, she stands for 20+ minutes and just stares at random houses while her dog shits on the grass beside the road or directly in the road. normally i wouldnt care, normally id think hm lady with a dog, i need more coffee but not until one evening of terrible doom.
my car was parked by the street, as always, and i had noticed the stretch pants lady just staring at our house earlier that day. i go about my business, making coffee, doing stuffs, get stuffs from my car, but then...i smell a smell. a smell that was just outside as i paused to open the door. a smell that followed me inside. a smell....a smell....DAMMIT!
yes. shit was just tracked all over my house by my own feet trying to find where the smell was coming from.
after i figured it out i followed the steps of crap like bread crumbs to my car where the lady was previously standing all weird like. mutiny.

so i believe people should keep their dog's crap inside their own yards. yes.
plus i like walking in the grass at the park worry free

When you're walking your dog, do you let it walk on other people's lawns? If so, how far in do you typically let it go? If not, why not?

I live in a small gated community minus the gate and people have come out of their houses to yell at me for letting my dog walk on their lawn, so I've gotten into the habit of not letting my dog walk on other people's lawns. Today while driving home, I saw a lady walk about 15 feet in on someone's property to where her dog just pooped--Had that happened here, a neighbor would certainly come out and be screaming about how rude that is and how you should have them go on your own lawn. 8(

Not only do I let him walk on their lawns, sometimes if the neighbor is on my bad side, I'll leave his shit there.
Oh well.

Last edited:
man. this lady walks her dog around my neighborhood...constantly. but she doesnt just walk her dog, she stands for 20+ minutes and just stares at random houses while her dog shits on the grass beside the road or directly in the road. normally i wouldnt care, normally id think hm lady with a dog, i need more coffee but not until one evening of terrible doom.
my car was parked by the street, as always, and i had noticed the stretch pants lady just staring at our house earlier that day. i go about my business, making coffee, doing stuffs, get stuffs from my car, but then...i smell a smell. a smell that was just outside as i paused to open the door. a smell that followed me inside. a smell....a smell....DAMMIT!
yes. shit was just tracked all over my house by my own feet trying to find where the smell was coming from.
after i figured it out i followed the steps of crap like bread crumbs to my car where the lady was previously standing all weird like. mutiny.

so i believe people should keep their dogs crap inside their own yards. yes.
plus i like walking in the grass at the park worry free
Go to her bro, she needs ya!

I'm really glad I'm not your neighbor. Also, it's 'there'...

RE: there
Man....How embarrassing. :\

I'm nice to most of my neighbors. However, the ones that tell me that my dog deserves to be put down solely based on his breed (pitbull), get land mines left in their yards.

Last edited:
lol no I don't because I won't let my dog poop in their yard. I feel like they're in the upstairs window staring down at me or something and are gonna come out and harass me.

I'm nice to most of my neighbors. However, the ones that tell me that my dog deserves to be put down solely based on his breed (pitbull), get land mines left in their yards.

I would do the same thing.

f
RE: there
Man....How embarrassing. :\

Ah, man. Sorry for the pre-judgement. That's incredibly messed up for anybody to say about an innocent doggie... though at the same time there's the whole 'being a better person' thing, you know?

Pit bulls are great dogs. Anyone who talks badly about them doesn't know much about dogs. American pit terriers are far from the most dangerous dog one could own-- they're actually extremely intelligent and obedient, and really not that big either. I don't have any dogs right now, but if I could have any dog, I'd choose a female APBT.

I wouldn't let my dog do its business in anyone's yard but walking through the edge of the yard doesn't strike me as a problem. I try to keep the dog from wandering around when walking it, but straying into the yard shouldn't be cause for concern unless there are people in the yard or something.

I did it -- .22-short to the head very close range while the cat ate . . . very sad, i cried but it was quick and necessary. (Why leave the burden to someone else?)

CATNAPPING
5644978196_61d23e69e4_z.jpg

Ah, man. Sorry for the pre-judgement. That's incredibly messed up for anybody to say about an innocent doggie... though at the same time there's the whole 'being a better person' thing, you know?

Normally I like to do exactly that, but I just couldn't help myself in this situation.

Pit bulls are great dogs. Anyone who talks badly about them doesn't know much about dogs. American pit terriers are far from the most dangerous dog one could own-- they're actually extremely intelligent and obedient, and really not that big either. I don't have any dogs right now, but if I could have any dog, I'd choose a female APBT.

I wouldn't let my dog do its business in anyone's yard but walking through the edge of the yard doesn't strike me as a problem. I try to keep the dog from wandering around when walking it, but straying into the yard shouldn't be cause for concern unless there are people in the yard or something.
Opy is a blue nose pit, and of all the dogs I've had, he's the sweetest, nicest and by far my favorite.