• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

if you smoke joint after joint, bowl after bowl, like an eigth a day minimum i'm talkin for months/years on end, like any good dope fiend you never really have a chance to come down. when i smoke i blaze from first thing in the morning til just before bed and i end up living my life in a perpetual haze. i'm definately very altered compared to my normal self but i no longer notice a 'high'; my sober state of mind just becomes something new.

compare this to blazing on occasion. whenever i can manage self control (rarely) i get extremely high. it's awesome and totally different, much more powerful than the perpetual haze. after just a few days of abstinence, once i get a chance to start dreaming at night again i will be able to manage these incredible psychedelic highs, that got me chronically smoking in the first place.

I've been a heavy smoker for a while now and with some good bud, a couple hits and I can feel it. With that dirty cheap weed...well hell I refuse to buy it.

Cheap dirty weed can be, well...just that. Some cheap (fresh) weed can be very decent, being the seeds are not crushed from compacting. I have aquired some
(border) Sativa's w/red, orange trichomes that taste decent w/ a great uplifting
high. Alot of the seeds that have been passed around for generations consist of some great
Columbian, Panamanian resources.

Last edited:
I usually take it pretty easy on the reefer :) if I'm smoking daily it's probably 2-3 hits and that's it.

The best thing is if you smoke less, you get higher and stay higher/stoned for longer. So it's more special in that way.

If you smash it out, the magic will soon disappear and because you self-titrate when you're smoking you end up needing shit loads... which you will definately feel on the pocket if you're paying for it.

So I reckon you should smoke a bit less - save more and savour it ;)

If you are not rolling up your weed in a smoking paper, yer not smoking (a) "reefer"

to the daily smokers:
if youve been smoking everyday for like weeks,months or years what is the high like for you now? since youve developed a major tolerance i doubt your geting stoned out of your minds so whats the high like after smoking everyday for awhile?

just curious because ive smoked 3 days in a row now and keep having strong cravings to do it , which never use to be a problem. so if i end up a daily smoker i want to know if you can even still feel the effects.

to the daily smokers:
if youve been smoking everyday for like weeks,months or years what is the high like for you now? since youve developed a major tolerance i doubt your geting stoned out of your minds so whats the high like after smoking everyday for awhile?

just curious because ive smoked 3 days in a row now and keep having strong cravings to do it , which never use to be a problem. so if i end up a daily smoker i want to know if you can even still feel the effects.

The effect definitely doesn't go anywhere, I think I enjoy weed now more than ever before. If you smoke nonstop all day then it gets hard to notice any difference. I'm taking a break from daily smoking now and even the crappiest buds get me high for hours. Even when I have an endless supply it rarely gets to the point where it's pointless to smoke. I don't think you have to worry about that, but the experience is a lot better when you don't smoke every day.

Edit: It's stronger if you don't smoke daily, not always better. I don't like getting stunned from weed which can happen from a bong hit with low tolerance. I get all nervous and hyperactive at first from some buds, ick.

I just started again after being out of the country for 14 months. I started out smoking 2 grams a week. One month later, 2 grams a day. I still get high but it's just much duller. There's no sharp cerebral high with creative ideas. The key is to just do it once every few days. I can't do that, I need it to eat and sleep well

I experience 'reverse tolerance' after tokin for 42 yrs [started in 1969 @ age 15...turning 57 Aug 1].
We used to toke all day & evening back in the day & would have no problem maintaining a righteous altitude for the entire day. Since turning age 50, I just can NOT toke more than a few hits & I'm blastoid for hours-on-end. Believe me, I'm not complaining in the least!! I LOVE that I can get by on such a small amount nowadays.
We weren't smoking lousy weed either back then -- Michoacan, Oaxacan, Thai-Sticks, Jamaican, Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Colombian Gold Bud & Red Bud, etc, etc. -- but man, could we smoke a LOT when I was in my teens, 20s & 30s. Now I usually wait until about 6-7 p.m. before partaking of some puffage. I've got a variety of strains from some grower pals I know & holy shit!8o!...I put a pinch in my bong, take 2-3 nice hits & it's blast-off city!! Stoned to the bone for hours!! I love it!! Not sure if this is happening to everyone my age, but it sure as hell is helping me to conserve my stash...it's a beautiful thing. :\

How to keep tollerance down after a break?

I've been off weed for close to about 4 weeks now I and want to start smoking again this weekend.

But whats the best way to keep my tollerance from skyrocketing again?

Previously I was going through about a half a week so it was alot.....

get a job u cant do high...ull keep ur tolerance low and ull make money. . . win win

Try to limit the weed to reward type situations. i.e. roll up a joint after you've finished a hard day at work, or completed a massive workout. Avoid smoking just for the sake of doing so

Smoke less, you have less tolerance, pretty simple rly. You'd think after 6 odd years on this site you'd have figured this out..

We have a MEGA thread dedicated to cannabis tolerance, so I'm going to move this into there.

to the daily smokers:

I've been smoking pretty daily all summer, but when I smoke by myself (which is most frequent) I don't usually smoke the same amount. Some days I just feel like a quick hit before leaving to run an errand, sometimes I need to unwind with a few bowls, and of course sometimes I smoke with company and we get nice and blazed with a lot. My tolerance has never faltered, even with some pretty weak reg I get a good buzz.

Tolerance build up exists, in almost everything. My highs are no where near what they used to be.

I've noticed a 3 day break will get my tolerance down for a couple of days before it starts to rise again. I live in Colorado so I only get dank weed too, so it's worth taking a break every once in a while, or trying edibles.

I've been off weed for close to about 4 weeks now I and want to start smoking again this weekend.

But whats the best way to keep my tollerance from skyrocketing again?

Previously I was going through about a half a week so it was alot.....

Force your self to say when I smoke I am taking 3 hits.. and I am only smoking when i wake up and go to sleep or something. Once you start increasing your dose and doing it more frequently you shoto your tolerance up.

only a mild buzz...something to do with synthetics?

i returned to smoking the real thing after smoking synthetics and quitting 2 weeks ago..(keep in mind i only took 2 small hits out of a bat)...i got barely high.....and only a mild buzz with teensy euphoria...