• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

pot is generally used by anti-marijuana people and has taken on a negative connotation amongst stoners. also don't call it dope, though that's really just an old people thing

DOnt be a pussy and light it up at the same time As your lightin up a forest fire ah that was my friends first time

pot is generally used by anti-marijuana people and has taken on a negative connotation amongst stoners. also don't call it dope, though that's really just an old people thing

That's not true at all where I live. I usually call it pot, as do many people I know.

Names of drugs are so arbitrary anway there's no point in debating it :|

anybody else get the feeling someone has never done drugs but just doesn't wanna admit it?
i know for me and 99% of other people, they smoke bud before anything else...and everybody knows basic shit like this if you're just around/in contact with potheads lol.
and lots of people i've dealt with call it pot, and i mean stoners.
dope=heron though, dont call it dope...
thats for cops and old people..

I have been smoking buds for the past ten years pretty much daily. A tolerance does develop but I was always able to get stoned. Recently though I took a break for about a month. Now the tolerance is gone completely. Ill get blazed from a bowl. Medicinal MJ rocks!

^Welcome. This thread is about tolerance, you might be better off posting in the strain discussion thread (link in the directory).

Usually people smoke pot before anything else but hey I guess it can be the other way around for some people. Honestly the first time really isn't amazing or anything. I didn't get high at all but it was pretty fun because I was chilling with my bro and sister...just was a moment/time we will never forget. Other than that just play some chill music and if you do get high have some munchies around. To avoid smelling bad make sure you don't hotbox unless you will have a lot of time away from parents or someone else you need to hide it from. Also you can spray some axe or some shit on you (haha its so much easier for a girl to just use perfume)....but I really don't think you should worry. It's really not that big of a deal. Other than that good combos are weed and shrooms or weed and mdma....really weed is good with anything honestly IMO.

My tolerance wasn't bad when I was smoking weed on and off. Not like an everyday thing... Except I got into the phase I was smoking weed everyday and I was smoking chronic and kush not just some mids. I did experience tolerance and there was a point that I didn't even get high. I smoked a fat ass blunt full of green crack and trainwreck but then after I only felt a buzz... Then I knew it was time to take a break and only smoke every now and then....that helped A LOT. Honestly I really think my tolerance was so fucked up because I was smoking insane amounts of marijuana especially in one sitting. I try not to do that anymore though and my tolerance doesn't get too high. It's pretty much normal now but yes tolerance does exist.

yes you definately can get a tolerance to weed. i used to get absolutley out of my mind on a little pipe back in the day with some shitty contaminated hash or sprayed grass and a few years on im smoking only the best buds and i dont get anywere near as high (if im a daily toker) but it seems if i stop for a week my tolerance will go wayy down! the first smoke of the day will cause all the thc and cannabanoids to be absorbed very fast into the brain and later in the day if u smoke you will not get the same effect

everyone has basically sumed it up in a nutshell.
Bring something to drink, gum, cologne or perfume etc
Don't overthink things.
If you ever feel like your tripping out and losing the realms of reality then find something to concentrate on that will get you focused. This works well.
I especially love smoking outside and being outside high its liberating to me.
And properly inhale, and if you dont feel so high from your first time, then give it a couple more tries as you may not have been inhaling correctly. Most people don't initially.

Don't smoke more than you can handle either.
enjoy:D

First some people do not get high the first time so don't let that discourage you.

Make sure you do not smoke to much the first time. I have been accused of lacing my stuff because it was so strong and the person that smoked it had not smoked a lot.

The best way to be totally descret and this will work with cops around, is to smoke it with a one hitter(dugout) so no smoke goes into the air. Then make a tube filled with Bounce or any fabric softener. I ued this in college when you woulod get busted and have smoke in the next room to my parents and they smelled nothing, and I blew out the hit just as the walked in.

Joints are the absolute worse for smell. I have smoked in a car and 5 hours later got pulled over and the cop said I smelled like I was rolling in it and we aired out the car right after we smoked and before he pilled us over. If you smoke a joint anywhere, your cloths will smell VERY bad no matter what.

Stop replying to this, he got high months ago...

Lol, threads aren't just one-time-use(well, except the super specific ones I guess). They're for everyone in the future who reads them and might benefit from the info.
This is also why we encourage people to "UTSE" :)

that's odd. i know a couple people who have never smoked herb but have rolled before. (i really don't get how that goes)someone i met recently who have rolled a ton and has done coke, only started smoking weed a couple weeks ago.

anyways. roll up a joint or a blunt and go light that shit outside. or if you wanna smoke inside. shower and smoke (totally awesome and doesnt stink up the place). the "harder" drugs are nice, but herb is a classic.

Found that when smoking about .4-.8g a day of higher end shit, usually at the end of the day not spread out over the whole day, it goes about 4 or 5 days without noticing any reduction in the quality of highs. After that highs start to get less and less intense but a 2-4 day break will pretty much reset things for the next week.

Smoking every day for a few months results in a dramatic reduction in the duration and strength of highs. Smoking 70% of days and giving it a rest the other days keeps the tolerance pretty static. It still slowly climbs though, so eventually an entire week or so off clears that up good.

Took a break from growing as I needed to clear my head and as always, started consuming way more cigarettes than usual. I think weed can have that habit part which can seem like addiction, especially if you grow to like the feeling you get from a bong hit/joint/gravity bong/etc. Bad idea to ever start mixing tobacco with it even though it does make bud more pleasant for some (I actually prefer the taste with a tiny bit of tobacco in it). But is that just another habit? It sucks because cigarettes do way more damage and give nothing in return. I'd smoke weed daily for the rest of my life if that meant getting completely rid of cigarettes. Anyone else notice an increase in cancer stick consumption when not smoking weed?

I think anyone really getting into weed should be told about vaporizers instead of adding tobacco but that's not really realistic right now. Maybe when legislation eventually changes they will become cheap and widely available.:/