• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Anxiety and Paranoia Help / Discussion Thread

higher heart beat side effects

Which route can be better for a less tachycardia or cardio-stress? Sometimes when I smoke (I smoke every month or so, therefore low tolerance...) suffer some tachycardia/uncomfortable heart beat. I planed to do some oral cannabis, a cannabis milk maybe, but the longer effects worries me a bit because the possible aparition of tachycardia (5-8 hours of tachycardia can be a bit hellish). With "normal" oral dosage, the high heart beat effects are frequent and intense as smoking method? I thought that maybe, because the more slow onset and metabolization, the heart beat effect is less prone or mild with eating, I'm right? (sorry for my bad english)

It has been some time due to tolerance that I have experienced such side effects, but I will venture a guess anyway and say that it will be the same if not more intense than when smoked.

A beer or 2 will completely chill you out, or you can just try and be less anxious and stop thinking about your heart... it's part of the high, it's probably mostly anxiety, and the high is safe. You get really high.

A beer or 2 will completely chill you out, or you can just try and be less anxious and stop thinking about your heart... it's part of the high, it's probably mostly anxiety, and the high is safe. You get really high.

A beer or two may not actually chill this person out. It depends on them and how they react to booze. I used to try and use drinking to fight off my terrible heart and blood pressure problems of stims, it never worked well.

It is probably more likely that if you have these side effects while smoking you will likely get them from oral if it isnt a mental issue you are having. Sometimes switching types of weeds can help, indicas and sativas have their own unique highs.

Ill leave this open for other input for awhile.

I would say that is more physical than mental issue, because mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt didn't gave me this. Moreover, with 2C-B I can get this side effect too.

Mushrooms and RCs psychs and dmt are so totally different than THC and mary jane. All of those drugs you listed are CNS stimulants and THC is not.

Cannabis has been known to cause some stimulant like effects in people. But it is NOT a Central Nervous System stimulant like the other drugs you listed.

Notice how Erowid also classifies it as a depressant? Those are Opposites on the effects scale, cannabis has the ability to act like a stimulant in some cases, and also as a depressant. Thats why so many people like myself have never had any raised heard beats, or anything like that. In fact cannabis is a tool i use to CALM my heart and my nerves. But in this aspect cannabis can be tricky.

But I know if i took DMT or shrooms i would be guaranteed a raise in my heart rate, and i expect to stay up for atleast 12 hours(in the case of the mushrooms, iv never tried DMT).

Erowid is a good source of information my friend, but do not assume that because two drugs have a side-effect in common that the mechanism in which that side effect is produced will be anything alike. Cannabis is not a Central Nervous System stimulator, if it were than everyone who smoked weed would get hyper and have alot more heart issues, like what you see in things like Amphetamines.

Eating cannabis can raise your heartbeat or make you think that it's raised if you get anxious or panicky on herb.

It can also happen when you smoke way too much at once. Just smoke less or better yet vaporize some.

I don't think you need to worry unless you have heart or blood pressure issues; but if you have those you shouldn't be using drugs anyway.

I know some people who get anxiety from herb and they either don't use it at all, they smoke only heavy Indicas and not Sativas, or some will take a benzo if they get way too anxious or panicky while high. I've never used benzos recreationally and I've heard that they're highly addictive.

Its all in your head. Ive been smoking for 5 years and never felt this "increased heart rate" I always hear about. The only people Ive heard say they had it either A: didnt do drugs often, or B: mixed weed with other drugs.

I know some people who get anxiety from herb and they either don't use it at all, they smoke only heavy Indicas and not Sativas, or some will take a benzo if they get way too anxious or panicky while high. I've never used benzos recreationally and I've heard that they're highly addictive.

THEY ARE.

I dont recommend anyone pick up benzos and start taking them for something like weed anxiety. I have plenty of friends who already have benzo habits or have extreme anxiety and have benzos for panic attacks, and even these people dont take benzos for weed anxiety, mostly because they dont get it. The few drug users i know who do get anxiety from weed very rarely smoke it.

Unless you were having a dire panic attack, or your had severe high blood pressure to the point of having chest pain(something i often got while i was in the throws of an MDPV binge) i wouldn't recommend you taking benzos.

The effects of drugs are very different on me I see hehe, for me benzos aren't addictive at all, I have taken benzos many times and no problem at all never. Mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt never increased my heart rate (can produce anxiety, but not increased heart beat on me). With cannabis I can enjoy the effects very much even I can feel relaxed, but with my heart out of my chest. Isn't an anxiety issue at all.

If you're healthy then you have no reason to believe cannabis will harm your heart. You need to a) smoke less and b) concentrate on managing your anxiety whilst high.

It's just in your head. You don't freak out over your heart beat when you exercise do you?

Don't waste your time trying to smoke weed if you don't like it. Forcing yourself to enjoy the primary effects will only make your problems worse.

People do get anxiety on weed.

Yes they do, and people can have bad experiences. That's why i get annoyed when i see people who are not understanding, posting insulting remarks back to people who do.

Cannabis seems to emphasize and expand thoughts, emotions and feelings greatly. If you are feeling cold on cannabis, you will concentrate on being cold, and therefore where the cannabis stimulates and excites the brain, you will feel even more colder! But if you calm down a little and visualise somewhere warm, and imagine it, you will start to feel warmer.

I believe that the anxiety is caused by a neurochemical imbalance in the brain, so it could be a number of different neurochemicals. I think that gamma-Aminobutryic deficiency acid is the biggest culprit of anxiety from cannabis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA GABA can be raised by taking supplements or eating certain foods. L-Theanine, found in green tea for example has got a calming effect, however the caffeine doesnt so perhaps look for the Decaff version.

Of course this is bluelight, and posters will come from other drug use history too. If someone has been abusing MDMA or other serotonin releasing chemicals, a low serotonin level may also be the cause of anxiety.

If you are getting anxiety from cannabis, then the likelyhood is that your brain and body is trying to tell you that something is wrong, and that instead of blaming it on cannabis, look at your diets, your exercise/physical health etc.

Further reading:

How to Increase Your GABA Levels

In general complex carbohydrates are good for increasing GABA. Here is a list of the best food sources for GABA. These foods don’t contain GABA but they contain glutamate or glutamic acid, which forms glutamine in your body and is a precursor to GABA. The list is basically in descending order of how much you get from a typical portion.

Almonds
Whole wheat
Mackerel
Halibut
Whole grain oats
Beef liver
Walnuts
Rice bran
Lentils
Brown rice
Potato
Broccoli
Spinach
Banana
Orange

Supplements

L-Glutamine – This is a fantastic amino acid and is the most abundant in the muscle and blood plasma. It makes up an astounding 61% of your muscle tissue. It’s one of the most studied amino acids and it has numerous benefits, but for our purposes here it will increase your GABA levels. As one of its other benefits it is a potent GH releaser. It’s very cheap and you can take tons of it. I think every body builder in the world takes it. Take 2 to 15 grams per day. I buy it in powdered form.

L-Theanine – This is a very beneficial amino acid and is involved in the production of GABA. Take 100 mg 3 times a day. High grade green tea can contain around 50mg of L-Theanine, where as cheaper lower grades only around 10mg.

Lifestyle
-There is evidence that yoga increases GABA in the brain.

http://www.ratracetrap.com/the-rat-race-trap/your-brain-on-food-and-supplements-–-gaba.html

I read a book on yoga from a scientific perspective and it was mentioned that some studies show yoga increased GABA. I definately notice that my yoga practice decreases the depression, anger, and anxiety I get from smoking weed all day (after long breaks these things are not so much issues in my life), as well as my compulsive urge to smoke more weed even if I'm already really high. I do a lot of other physical exercise (running, weight lifting) which does not help. Yoga is the best defense I have against my addiction and side effects. I have urges to get drunk sometimes as well, even though I hate alcohol, which might support your theory of GABA deficiency as well. However, I normally abstain from this because alcohol makes things much worse for me afterwards.

I drink green tea daily which I do not notice anything from. I think that the anxiety I sometimes experience with weed can be exacerbated by dehydration - weed typically makes me more physically self aware. So avoiding high sodium foods and drinking a lot of water is a great idea. However, I believe anxiety is a part of being very stoned (as well as euphoria and psychedelia) and people who don't get it may just have a higher tolerance to the ganja. I for one trip balls off the reefer if I haven't smoked it in at least a couple days.

Another sufferer of weed-induced anxiety here. However, it all started one night when I had taken a 25XR Adderall the morning of.
I had smoked weed for about 3 years nearly everyday. Sometimes combined with adderall or coffee, and sometimes all 3. Never had a problem until recently.
I do believe it had something to do with my adderall habit since I had been taking 3-5 pills a week for about a year. Anyways, my heart started beating super fast, got lightheaded, kept pacing around the room and felt like I couldn't get a good breath of air, combined with a feeling of impending doom.
Figured it was a one time thing and tried toking again the next day. Same thing... Well I stopped taking adderall and weed, but my symptoms remained, and also changed. Now instead of having anxiety only when I toke. It sticks with me everyday, also now accompanied with chest pain. Went to a doctor, not realizing it was probably just anxiety. Had an EKG done, blood pressure checked, blood drawn. All normal. So the doctor prescribed me some .25 xanax to help deal with my daily chest pain/anxiety.
So my question is... Is there any way to get over this? I would love to be able to toke again, but right now I mainly just want to be able to feel normal without having to pop xanax all the time. Some days, as soon as I wake up the chest pain and anxiety starts. It's really a bummer. Now that I can't take adderall I have problem concentrating in school and also my non-existant relationship with MJ is bumming me out. Could this be due to some chemical imbalance in my brain caused by the combos of adderall, weed, and alcohol? I have been "drug free" minus the xanax and alcohol for about a month and a half now. I can't even drink coffee anymore without (I fucking love coffee nearly as much as I loved weed) I don't want to become addicted to xanax like I was with adderall, but I feel like it's the only thing that really helps with my physical and psychological anxiety issues.

People do get anxiety on weed.

Yes they do, and people can have bad experiences. That's why i get annoyed when i see people who are not understanding, posting insulting remarks back to people who do.

Cannabis seems to emphasize and expand thoughts, emotions and feelings greatly. If you are feeling cold on cannabis, you will concentrate on being cold, and therefore where the cannabis stimulates and excites the brain, you will feel even more colder! But if you calm down a little and visualise somewhere warm, and imagine it, you will start to feel warmer.

I believe that the anxiety is caused by a neurochemical imbalance in the brain, so it could be a number of different neurochemicals. I think that gamma-Aminobutryic deficiency acid is the biggest culprit of anxiety from cannabis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA GABA can be raised by taking supplements or eating certain foods. L-Theanine, found in green tea for example has got a calming effect, however the caffeine doesnt so perhaps look for the Decaff version.

Of course this is bluelight, and posters will come from other drug use history too. If someone has been abusing MDMA or other serotonin releasing chemicals, a low serotonin level may also be the cause of anxiety.

If you are getting anxiety from cannabis, then the likelyhood is that your brain and body is trying to tell you that something is wrong, and that instead of blaming it on cannabis, look at your diets, your exercise/physical health etc.

Further reading:

How to Increase Your GABA Levels

In general complex carbohydrates are good for increasing GABA. Here is a list of the best food sources for GABA. These foods don’t contain GABA but they contain glutamate or glutamic acid, which forms glutamine in your body and is a precursor to GABA. The list is basically in descending order of how much you get from a typical portion.

Almonds
Whole wheat
Mackerel
Halibut
Whole grain oats
Beef liver
Walnuts
Rice bran
Lentils
Brown rice
Potato
Broccoli
Spinach
Banana
Orange

Supplements

L-Glutamine – This is a fantastic amino acid and is the most abundant in the muscle and blood plasma. It makes up an astounding 61% of your muscle tissue. It’s one of the most studied amino acids and it has numerous benefits, but for our purposes here it will increase your GABA levels. As one of its other benefits it is a potent GH releaser. It’s very cheap and you can take tons of it. I think every body builder in the world takes it. Take 2 to 15 grams per day. I buy it in powdered form.

L-Theanine – This is a very beneficial amino acid and is involved in the production of GABA. Take 100 mg 3 times a day. High grade green tea can contain around 50mg of L-Theanine, where as cheaper lower grades only around 10mg.

Lifestyle
-There is evidence that yoga increases GABA in the brain.

http://www.ratracetrap.com/the-rat-race-trap/your-brain-on-food-and-supplements-–-gaba.html

Hey, I've got a really good suggestion that I've actually been looking into myself - a supplement or drug (depending on which way you look at it) called phenibut. a derivative of the naturally occurring inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which is able to cross the blood brain barrier because of the addition chemically of a phenyl ring to the structure of the drug. It's sold as a supplement in the US but as a psychotropic medication in Russia apparently. It's been shown scientifically to anxiolytic just like benzodiazepines. It even enhances dopamine production the brain.

The good thing about the drug is it's not got the same potential to cause addiction and dependence as benzodiazepines and is relatively safe in comparison. The benefits outweight the potential harms IMO. It's even been said to be a nootropic, so it's quite an interesting substance and is worth looking into. Granted I don't know much about it but from the little I've read it does look promising.