• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Has anyone here ever got their thyroid checked in detail?
Not only TSH but also T3/T4 and antibodies?
My GP has diagnosed me with Hashimoto's disease due to antibodies.

My TSH is low (hyperthyroidism) which is odd, with hashimoto's it is usually high (hypothyroidism).
But this would at least explain some symptoms (high heart rate, shortness of breath, irritability/restlessness).

I don't know if this is related to my LTC.
Link thyroid <-> MDMA?!
So far my TSH was normal, that is why my thyroid was not further investigated until now.
I have had all symptoms since the beginning of my LTC and I'm in year 4.
With my luck this is probably just some new and unrelated shit on top of everything else going on.

I'm waiting for an appointment with an endocrinologist for further examination and hopefully some ways to improve my situation

has anyone tried muscle relaxers? like tizanidine? i'm on venlafaxine and small dose of amitriptyline but still dealing with head pressure and some ear ringing unfortunately 5 years later. also on aimovig 1x/month injection.

Do some people here struggle with slightly blurry vision? Like your vision got a slightly worse, that things can appear a bit more blurry and difficult to concentrate?

I believe it's the chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it, and not that the eyesight is damaged forever.

Do some people here struggle with slightly blurry vision? Like your vision got a slightly worse, that things can appear a bit more blurry and difficult to concentrate?

I believe it's the chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it, and not that the eyesight is damaged forever.
Yup, my vision was (in my mind) was completely fucked. Went to the eye doctor and a neurologist that specializes in vision. Tried new glasses and contacts (even though I had LASIK a few years ago).

Now I see in 8K without any glasses or contacts. Once I got my anxiety in check, I realized I didn’t need assistance, and that there are naturally wonky things that are a part of normal vision.

My conclusion?

Static, floaters, bad vision, blurry vision is 100% in your head. It doesn’t even make sense that using MDMA would affect your vision.

I know people are going to flip out when I say this, but I don’t even think HPPD is an actual thing whatsoever (definitely not MDMA-induced at least).

The entire time I was experiencing these things, nothing was ever wrong with my vision. I was seeing things just as I always had. What was different was I was in an abnormally anxious state, so my nervous system was reporting back amplified signals.

Guys, I’m telling you all roads of “LTC” always end up leading back to anxiety. And yes, even if you aren’t feeling panicky, it’s still the same thing. Understand anxiety and how the process works.

Why did we evolve to experience anxiety? At one point in time it was very useful. Being hyper aware of your surroundings would be handy if you were being stalked by a saber toothed tiger. Quickly jumping when you hear a stick break, or perceiving subtle changes in your vision would have been the difference between life and death.

The problem is, this isn’t as compatible with the modern world, and when your serotonin system is temporarily compromised from drug use, you remain stuck in this state, despite your situation not warranting this hyper active feedback.

Burning skin is not burning skin. It’s your brain amplifying normal sensations from your sense of touch.

Tinnitus is not ringing ears, it’s your brain amplifying normal audio feedback.

Floaters are not vision problems, they are a nervous brain trying to seek out threats.

All of these “symptoms” are experienced by everyone on Earth, the difference with sufferers is that they are fixated on them and are constantly trying to “resolve” them.

Trying to treat (or think about) these things as physical symptoms is the complete wrong approach and actually feeds into the anxiety cycle. You will be chasing something you can never catch. The only way to actually resolve it is to keep your mind at ease and identify the problem as a brain stuck in a heightened state.

The good news?

You can with time, practice, and a healthy lifestyle, train your mind to not react so severely to these normal sensations.

I’ve done it, 100s of others have done it, and YOU CAN DO IT. Change how you talk about and identify with these “symptoms” and your brain will normalize. This is the default state your brain will return to if you simply allow it.

The first step?

Quit asking questions.

My goodness this thread is so hard to watch because I see people feeding their anxious brain the fuel it needs to be worried.

I’m going to pick on Samoz a bit (I sincerely do love you buddy and want more than anything for you to get better). He’s been on here for years asking about his burning skin. This is the exact opposite thing you want to do if you want to be free from LTC. I had countless disturbing symptoms that my anxious mind wanted answers to. But, since I understood anxiety I did not feed into it. I always defaulted to these things being a result of an anxious brain and that’s what I treated.

The problem with the questioning is there is never an answer that will resolve the problem. And trying out all the quackery you see on here, still keeps the idea that the symptoms are “physical problems” alive. That if I just use some skin cream, or special contacts, or supplements, or exercises that itll resolve this. I promise you… NONE OF THEM EVER WILL. Have you ever seen one single example on here of someone healing after they tried [fill in the blank] remedy?

The problem isn’t the lack of answers, the problems is asking the question. Always tell you brain anxiety every single time and you will heal.

I know there are bitter people on this thread that for some reason want to keep you on the wrong path. There’s a reason they perpetually suffer and the people that heal say differently. You can’t control what the people on this thread say. You can only choose who to believe and what actions you are going to take to get better. For me the choice was easy and now that I’m loving life again, I’m eternally grateful for it.

So make your own choices, but I sincerely urge you to take the hard and slow path to regaining your life.

Thanks Spiderbro for your comments.

I think it's good news that a lot of the problems go away after time.

But I suspect it's very reductionist to say that Samoz' burning skin sensations (for example) are because he failed to get his anxiety under control and because he has focused too much on searching for remedies. The burning skin has lasted 3 years already.

Last edited:
I was very impressed by this lady's tips on nutrition & diet (especially at 10:20).

Last edited:
it's very reductionist
Yeah simplification is human nature. In my mind it is both - a physical and a mental issue. What you think has power over your physical condition and vice versa. As we all know the brain is quite complex and not well understood. The advice given by Spiderbro is still very sound and helps with your mental state. I have read quite a few reports on several years of recovery time. I myself am nearing the 2 year mark already.

People should combine the advice given by the "its physical damage" fraction and the "nah it´s all in your head" fraction and be well prepared for the journey.

We have to be realistic here as well. A lot of the symptoms caused by MDMA is a substance-induced anxiety disorder. I'd classify LTC as an anxiety disorder + MORE. The anxiety disorder is the first to go while the other symptoms last longer. The symptoms that lasts the longest is probably damage to serotonin receptors, nerves, neurotoxcity etc.... Cognitive deficits and memory problems definitely isn't pure anxiety.

I had a friend who smoked a shit ton of weed between ages 12-15 and suffered from the exact same symptoms as we do. He is much much better now but still claims he isn't 100% yet.

I took 3 domino Pink pills in 20 days
My Weight IS 1m80 And 90 kg
After thé last pill i mixed it with weed then i had a huge panick attack i went to thé hospital
From that i have had thèse symptoms
Muscle twitching
Tingling
Depression
Anxiety
Tension in thé right side of m'y belly
Inbalance when walking

Bad Dreams
Nightmares
''You get all these symptoms
Muscle twitching , Tingling ,
Tension in thé right side of m'y belly,
Inbalance when walking''
from antipsychotics https://psychopharmacologyinstitute...d-dystonia-diagnosis-and-management-2058-4112
It Call's:

Dystonia​

Last edited:
Check out these links regarding acupuncture and electroacunpunture as treatment for damage from MDMA, anxiety and stress. Acupuncture is much different approach than supplements etc... may work well. What do you guys think? Have never seen anyone on this forum mention this before.

''Acupuncture restores brain activity after ecstasy mdma damage''

• Electroacupuncture can reverse the impact that MDMA has had to the brain by increasing cerebral blood perfusion, activating brain cell vitality and metabolism, and by accelerating the repair of damaged cells.⁠
• Acupuncture improves conditions where there is decreased cerebral perfusion and brain functional activity in the frontal, temporal, and occipital lobes in MDMA users. ⁠
• The blood flow functional changing rate (BFCR) was increased by 68.8% in participants.⁠
• Acupuncture restores symmetry in bilateral anterior insular cortex-basal ganglia-temporal regions related to cerebral perfusion and functional activity. ⁠

The spots in the brain where there is decreased cerebral perfusion, might be a condition called ''Ischemia''. Typical symptoms are chest pain, fastheart, muscle twitches and tingling, sweating, clamminess etc... Acupunture improves conditions where there is decreased cerebral perfusion etc in chronic (probably applies to high dosage few times too) mdma users...

Check out these links regarding acupuncture and electroacunpunture as treatment for damage from MDMA, anxiety and stress. Acupuncture is much different approach than supplements etc... may work well. What do you guys think? Have never seen anyone on this forum mention this before.

''Acupuncture restores brain activity after ecstasy mdma damage''

• Electroacupuncture can reverse the impact that MDMA has had to the brain by increasing cerebral blood perfusion, activating brain cell vitality and metabolism, and by accelerating the repair of damaged cells.⁠
• Acupuncture improves conditions where there is decreased cerebral perfusion and brain functional activity in the frontal, temporal, and occipital lobes in MDMA users. ⁠
• The blood flow functional changing rate (BFCR) was increased by 68.8% in participants.⁠
• Acupuncture restores symmetry in bilateral anterior insular cortex-basal ganglia-temporal regions related to cerebral perfusion and functional activity. ⁠

This is good news about acupuncture. Thanks for sharing this information.

Hi everynody nobody answers to m'y questions
Im suffering from random and a lot of weird dreams
My doctor dont know what to do any Idea please m'y Dreams are sad and very Bad i Heard there IS a link between thé tryptophane and Dreams

All I know is that tryptophane is made into melatonin by the body, which makes you fall sleep - I take it with some magnesium in the evening. Maybe there are some drugs that make you not dream at all, but I don´t know if thats a good idea in our situation. We dream to process what happened throughout the day or ponder on unresolved psychological issues we might have.

Having a structured day with some physical activity, some achievements and some social contacts should lift the mood and hence the nature of our dreams. I remember having quite a few extra vivid dreams, waking up soaking wet with goosebumps all over and such. Didn´t have one in a long time though and rather enjoyed the ride.

Hey all - checking back in here to give my 9 month update:

Things have certainly gotten easier, on the whole. I’ve been able to focus more on work and exercise lately, helping me get back into a regular life routine.

I still have bad or ‘meh’ days from time to time, but I’ve found my obsession over it to be subsiding which I think is a huge step!

I used to log my emotions and days in journals routinely like a crazy person, and I just haven’t wanted to do it as much anymore. Every single day I’d do an entry, but the last two were 10 and 30 days apart!

I just had COVID recently and for some reason it seems some of my brain symptoms are having a little return party - I’ve got some brain fog and fatigue and generally just fuzzy in the head - a lot like in the start of my comedown.

So the past week I’ve struggled with depression and a bit of derealization and hopelessness again, but I think I had a really good stretch there for a while, and I’m confident that will continue soon!

Hang in there everyone

Hey all - checking back in here to give my 9 month update:

Things have certainly gotten easier, on the whole. I’ve been able to focus more on work and exercise lately, helping me get back into a regular life routine.

I still have bad or ‘meh’ days from time to time, but I’ve found my obsession over it to be subsiding which I think is a huge step!

I used to log my emotions and days in journals routinely like a crazy person, and I just haven’t wanted to do it as much anymore. Every single day I’d do an entry, but the last two were 10 and 30 days apart!

I just had COVID recently and for some reason it seems some of my brain symptoms are having a little return party - I’ve got some brain fog and fatigue and generally just fuzzy in the head - a lot like in the start of my comedown.

So the past week I’ve struggled with depression and a bit of derealization and hopelessness again, but I think I had a really good stretch there for a while, and I’m confident that will continue soon!

Hang in there everyone
You definitely are on the path to recover 100%. Good luck!!