• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if I would mess with amitriptyline, I might just let it work its way out of your system. Its possible that some of the effects are from norepinephrine and amitriptyline could potentiate that aspect.

And yeah cannabinoid receptors can deactivate inhibitory GABA neurons, so in that sense cannabis and such can work oppositely in effect to GABA drugs like benzos, potentially negating their effects.

Note to readers: Many people with LTCs have had various bad reactions to various normally benign supplements, everything from 5-HTP to curcumin to kava. Supplement takers beware. Stuff like exercise is a surefire way to increase "growth hormones" for the brain (like BDNF) with no risk of weird adverse effects. And if you're very fatigued or lightheaded after exercise (the only real side effect) it would be great to do anyways.

Yeah I definitely fucked up again......feels exactly like 5 months ago. I can't believe tbis happening I've worked so hard to get to this point. Yeah I screwed up my inhibitory neurons again thats for sure.

I knew Kava was a bad idea......anything that messes with serotonin activity fucks me up!

I'm not sure. My doctor has been kind of dismissive but he's a smart guy so I've stuck with him. the med would be something that he suggests based on everything. Not going to do an ssri until I'm on my last breath. I've seen some horror stories about people with hppd doing an ssri. For regular LTC people it might work better.

I take half a pill at night for sleep. So I'm not medicating the hppd with it. It helps slightly for sleep. It seems to me like a poor mans benzo.

Yeah I'm gonna request some I think if this keeps up. My doctor is also dismissive she didn't really buy that I could have damage.

Fuck supplements guys and strange herbal teas.... Stick to a few vitamins and chamomile tea. I'm having a complete relapse.... And everytime i relapse it gets worse.... There's no quick fix to this, just maybe some meds that will help.

ADubbs have you ever considered trying a SSRI for at least a short time like a few weeks? You could take a lower dose of you are afraid of side effects, that also would cause no SSRI-discontinuation syndrome when you quit it.

At least my depressive symptoms are completely gone after 5 weeks Sertraline (25mg/day), following a low dose of Iboga for 2 days. Not recommending this especially to people in a sensitive state, but in my case the biggest role played the SSRI. And I had no discontinuation syndrome because of the low dose and only side effects in the first 2 weeks.

Do you have symptoms of depression? I didn't recognize them for a long time, or just ignored them by smoking weed, I'd probably saved myself from a lot of suffering when I at least considered trying a SSRI earlier.

Last edited:
My doctor is also dismissive she didn't really buy that I could have damage.

I don't think how seriously we take the condition should depend upon whether there is suspected neuronal degeneration or not. Neuroplastic adaptations are just as serious.

Its also rather unfortunate that the main three medications I can think of that may truly help with HPPD (rather than a temporary treatment like a COMT inhibitor) are pretty serious medications, those would be Valproate, Clozapine and Sulpiride. Although various medications have been shown to help in case studies, even if there is no apparent consistent pattern of relief with a certain med.

I have anxiety when I feel like this, but honestly as soon as my sleep returned to somewhat normal I felt overall happy, had still somewhat high anxiety. I feel like somedud where the energy feeling running through chest keeps me in crazy insomnia. I've also redeveloped the tingling and pain in my peripherals again, it's like excruciating nerve pain.

I'm gonna take an amitriptyline tonight, it's good for nerve pain.

Is there a way you can maybe turn the anxiety in power? I know that sounds strange but for example do sports to beat the anxiety or something like that?

I've posted on this recovery page before. I took two doses of 150mg hours apart, advised to my a friend. Wish I did my research but this was a terrible idea. I took this drug on the 26th of August. Since then I have endured the worst 3 months of my life and it's still continuing. My vision is horrible, it includes
-carpets move
-the floor and walls all vibrate
-heavy visual snow
-after images both positive and negative
-sensitivity to light
-constant 24h headaches and eye strain
-neck pain
by far the worst symptom is the unsteadiness I feel when walking, it's like my vision has lost its stabiliser, everything bobs up and down with me, walls sway, it's like being in a fun house. My eyes find it difficult to track so my vision is never smooth, it's just jaded like a buffering YouTube video.

on top of this my mental state has deteriorated severely, I cry all the time, I'm heavily depressed, I'm based in the UK so I'm on a program called NHS 2gether, it's basically a team that is called in to assess me. I'm not in a good state at all.

All through my life I've been very careful, very healthy, I barely drink because I hate the hangover experience, no instead I'm sat here thinking how I fucked my life up.

I just don't know what to do

Well I went for a 30 minute run today. It felt good. I only slept a half hour last night. My zaps are coming back too. I think my issue is with dopamine too... Not that it matters.

Well I went for a 30 minute run today. It felt good. I only slept a half hour last night. My zaps are coming back too. I think my issue is with dopamine too... Not that it matters.

What is the matter that you have that insomnia? Is it pain or something or the lack of tiredness?
And I sometimes also still have some zaps, although almost 90% of my symptoms are gone. Won't worry about them too much.
Sports is great for recovery, keep that up!

I've posted on this recovery page before. I took two doses of 150mg hours apart, advised to my a friend. Wish I did my research but this was a terrible idea. I took this drug on the 26th of August. Since then I have endured the worst 3 months of my life and it's still continuing. My vision is horrible, it includes
-carpets move
-the floor and walls all vibrate
-heavy visual snow
-after images both positive and negative
-sensitivity to light
-constant 24h headaches and eye strain
-neck pain
by far the worst symptom is the unsteadiness I feel when walking, it's like my vision has lost its stabiliser, everything bobs up and down with me, walls sway, it's like being in a fun house. My eyes find it difficult to track so my vision is never smooth, it's just jaded like a buffering YouTube video.

on top of this my mental state has deteriorated severely, I cry all the time, I'm heavily depressed, I'm based in the UK so I'm on a program called NHS 2gether, it's basically a team that is called in to assess me. I'm not in a good state at all.

All through my life I've been very careful, very healthy, I barely drink because I hate the hangover experience, no instead I'm sat here thinking how I fucked my life up.

I just don't know what to do

Has someone else also taken the same drug and had a bad reaction like yours?

I'm so sorry HPPDOFF. Keep in mind a lot of the things I've looked up people say HPPD got worse for 6 months before it stabilized and got better. Have you tried Klonopin just to see if it helps temporarily?

Pain in my hands and feet, lack of tiredness, tremoring, racing feeling in my chest, CEVs. Ughhh. Have you not had insomnia or any HPPD symptoms? How's the SSRI going? I'm seriously considering one of this continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.